Study: Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you really think that "many on here" are LGBTQ?

I can only speculate based various things.

So what's the big deal about 'coming out'? I'm proud to be a follower of Christ and never deny it when asked. Why aren't the TOL'ers that proudly engage in homosex doing the same?

Quetzal

You originally were bothered by the truth, hence not wanting to see it. I'm glad that you've at least opened your eyes to it. The next step is to accept it.
Go ahead and order yourself a cup of coffee. It will be awhile before I even entertain the notion that you might be on to something.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
According to the dictionary, they are:
Only if you're approaching it as a philosophy. What I've always held is that faith and reason aren't in conflict, since our faith is rooted in the source of every truth.

Your stance (on homosexual 'marriage') which goes against God's design for human sexuality
It doesn't unless you misunderstand me or simply mean to. My position is that it's a moral wrong, that homosexuality, expressed, is a sin.

as seen in Genesis prohibits you or anyone else from calling themselves a Christian, i.e. a follower of Christ, i.e. keeps you from having a personal relationship with Him.
Jesus will be more surprised to hear that than I am...I'm kidding, neither of us is surprised. I'm accustomed to you and he knows you better than I ever will. But your desire notwithstanding, you're wrong from top to bottom.

Now about those testimonials you aren't producing from that million and a quarter views and thousand upon thousands of posts...

Neither you nor I nor anyone else can write our own moral code thinking that it is "reasonable" and still call ourselves a "Christian".
You're fortunate someone can be a liar and still call themselves a Christian. If your failure on the point of consideration drives you to that you might want to consider abandoning it for serious reflection.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Go ahead and order yourself a cup of coffee. It will be awhile before I even entertain the notion that you might be on to something.

Keep me off ignore and keep following my thread. The truth is addictive. We can meet for a cup o' joe after you embrace the truth, in fact I'll even buy!

alwight

I can only speculate based various things.

So what's the big deal about 'coming out'? I'm proud to be a follower of Christ and never deny it when asked. Why aren't the TOL'ers that proudly engage in homosex doing the same?
Some people don't come out because they aren't gay aCW.
I anyway have no reason to come out or lie about it because I am not repressing the truth or have an overriding religious fear for my eternal soul as you clearly do. You may be trapped by your religious beliefs but I'm not. :plain:

Do carry on with your diversionary smokescreen and deflection.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
According to the dictionary, they are:

Only if you're approaching it as a philosophy. What I've always held is that faith and reason aren't in conflict, since our faith is rooted in the source of every truth.

Send your comment to Dictionary.com, perhaps they'll change the definition for you.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Your stance (on homosexual 'marriage') which goes against God's design for human sexuality...

It doesn't unless you misunderstand me or simply mean to. My position is that it's a moral wrong, that homosexuality, expressed, is a sin. That's my position.

As a student of civil law, you'd know that the law is a moral teaching. I don't know if you're against abortion because the unborn child can't give 'consent', or if you believe in God's absolute moral code of "Thou shalt not murder". Sexual sins (and the civil laws that were once legislated to go along with them) are the same: 'one man, one woman, united in matrimony, i.e. thou shalt not have out of wedlock sex'. PERIOD.

as seen in Genesis prohibits you or anyone else from calling themselves a Christian, i.e. a follower of Christ, i.e. keeps you from having a personal relationship with Him.

Jesus will be more surprised to hear that than I am...I'm kidding, neither of us is surprised to hear you say it. I'm accustomed to you and he knows you better than I ever will. But your desire notwithstanding, you're wrong from top to bottom.

Having a personal relationship with Christ (you must if you speak for Him) and being college edjumacated, one would think that you'd know to capitalize the "H" when referring to "He".

Now about those testimonials you aren't producing from that million and a quarter views and thousand upon thousands of posts...

How about I continue to work with someone who claims to be a follower of Christ and get him (note the small "h") to accept the Truth and then I can work on others?

Neither you nor I nor anyone else can write our own moral code thinking that it is "reasonable" and still call ourselves a "Christian".

You're fortunate someone can be a liar and still call themselves a Christian, because you know my moral opinion on homosexuality and you're bearing a false charge in relation to my faith. If your failure on the point of consideration drives you to that you might want to consider abandoning it for serious reflection.

The worst thing that a person can do is to lie to themselves. Seek the truth TH, it's out there.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some people don't come out because they aren't gay aCW.
I anyway have no reason to come out or lie about it because I am not repressing the truth or have an overriding religious fear for my eternal soul as you clearly do. You may be trapped by your religious beliefs but I'm not. :plain:

Do carry on with your diversionary smokescreen and deflection.

Ok, you're not a proud and unrepentant filthy disease ridden sodomite. I appreciate that you're telling the truth Al.

My question is this: If you're not a proud and unrepentant filthy disease ridden sodomite, why attack someone who is only trying to help the sexually and ever so morally confused by claiming that they are a "repressed homosexual"? (and don't think for a second that I'm the only one attacked: Peter LaBarbera get's it more than I do, as do others who fight the LGBTQueer agenda for a living).

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This the the bunk homosexuals use to try and get normal people to turn homosexual. Old tactic and lie. Yawn.

No, more of a way to accuse anyone who understands the truth. Paint them with the homophobia broad brush then make the false claim.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Send your comment to Dictionary.com, perhaps they'll change the definition for you.
You're addressing rationalism, philosophically, though even within that there are divisions. But thanks for clarifying that understanding isn't what's important to you on the point.

I've typically and repeatedly advanced that I am a Christian rationalist and that by that I mean my faith, while not arrived at by rational inquiry, is at all points rationally defensible, as the truth should be.

As a student of civil law, you'd know that the law is a moral teaching.
As a practitioner of the law I know a bad argument and a desperate grab at justification when I read it. Our law is a secular instrument. Within the context of the actual law of the land there are any number of moral ills which are permissible. You are free to become a drunkard, by way of. You are free to become a glutton, loose yourself in avarice. All sorts of things that run contrary to Christian morality are legal. And men must answer to their own conscience in action and to God in the fullness of their existence.

I don't know if you're against abortion because the unborn child can't give 'consent', or if you believe in God's absolute moral code of "Thou shalt not murder".
Then you should have asked. I oppose abortion because it's both immoral and contrary to reason within the framework of our law. I typically advance the legal objection because the people on the other side of it don't often share my faith. Also, given I mean to argue for the amendment of a bad law, I need to advance the argument that rejects it within the framework that allowed it.

So it isn't an either/or.

Sexual sins (and the civil laws that were once legislated to go along with them) are the same: "thou shalt not have out of wedlock sex'. PERIOD.
Sin is between man and God in our compact. The law of the land is about the balance of rights and redress of violations of the compact.

Having a personal relationship with Christ (you must if you speak for Him) and being college edjumacated, one would think that you'd know to capitalize the "H" when referring to "He".
No, you actually should never capitalize a pronoun unless it is at the beginning of a sentence or is the personal pronoun "I". That said, I often do capitalize any reference to God as a personal statement and when I don't it's an oversight.

How about I continue to work with someone who claims to be a follower of Christ and get him (note the small "h") to accept the Truth and then I can work on others?
Yeah aCW, you mistakenly got the pronoun bit right. :plain:

The worst thing that a person can do is to lie to themselves.
Only if you believe you're more important than anyone else. So, no.

Seek the truth TH, it's out there.
A shame it isn't more "in there" when it comes to your practice.

lovemeorhateme

Chances are there'll be a load of 'homosexuals choose to be that way' or that 'they were made that way through upbringing' etc but I doubt anyone with an IQ above 1.7 could really believe all that.

Some of the obsession and hatred going on with male homosexuality in particular has to stem from something other than bile and ignorance with certain folk...

I believe that some choose homosexuality and upbringing plays a part in shaping whether or not someone is more likely to have homosexual feelings. I guess my IQ must be 1.6 or less? :rolleyes:

Quetzal

I believe that some choose homosexuality and upbringing plays a part in shaping whether or not someone is more likely to have homosexual feelings. I guess my IQ must be 1.6 or less? :rolleyes:
Pretty much. It really does take a special type of rock to see all of the evidence there is available in regards to sexuality and then say "Nah, its all fake."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

You're addressing rationalism, philosophically, though even within that there are divisions. But thanks for clarifying that understanding isn't what's important to you on the point.

I understand that either man or God is the "supreme authority" when it comes to "belief, opinion' and conduct". It's not complicated, even an unemployed lawyer with a fancy law degree should be able to understand that.

As a student of civil law, you'd know that the law is a moral teaching.

As a practitioner of the law I know a bad argument and a desperate grab at justification when I read it. Our law is a secular instrument. Within the context of the actual law of the land there are any number of moral ills which are permissible. You are free to become a drunkard, by way of. You are free to become a glutton, loose yourself in avarice. All sorts of things that run contrary to Christian morality are legal. And men must answer to their own conscience in action and to God in the fullness of their existence.

Yes, many moral laws that were once on the legislative books are no longer applicable in our moral relativist society. You just pointed out drunk in public.

Quote:
I don't know if you're against abortion because the unborn child can't give 'consent', or if you believe in God's absolute moral code of "Thou shalt not murder".

Then you should have asked. I oppose abortion because it's both immoral and contrary to reason within the framework of our law.

Like homosexuality, abortion goes against God's Laws yet is perfectly legal in society. You really should try to be more consistent.

Sexual sins (and the civil laws that were once legislated to go along with them) are the same: "thou shalt not have out of wedlock sex'. PERIOD.

Sin is between man and God in our compact. The law of the land is about the balance of rights and redress of violations of the compact.

Refer to my above statement about you being more consistent.

Quetzal

There is the lie!
Nah. If you hate gay people for who they are, that is one thing. To say you hate them because the Bible says so is quite another. Both are insanely insensitive and stupid, but I could at least respect someone a bit more who has the courage to say its personal rather than theological.

lovemeorhateme

Pretty much. It really does take a special type of rock to see all of the evidence there is available in regards to sexuality and then say "Nah, its all fake."

Evidence? What evidence is this then? Having had a personal stake in this issue, for a long time I looked for evidence that people are born gay. I desperately wanted the evidence to be there - it wasn't.

People with a political point to make then come up with drivel like this "study", and those with the critical thinking skills of a gnat then pronounce the conclusion as a scientific fact.

alwight

Ok, you're not a proud and unrepentant filthy disease ridden sodomite. I appreciate that you're telling the truth Al.
Sodomy does not actually define homosexuality aCW, far more straight people do it statistically, and the word "Sodomite" is not in the Bible. It's fundamentalist nutters like you who try to distort the Bible into saying something you want it to say when clearly it doesn't.

My question is this: If you're not a proud and unrepentant filthy disease ridden sodomite, why attack someone who is only trying to help the sexually and ever so morally confused by claiming that they are a "repressed homosexual"? (and don't think for a second that I'm the only one attacked: Peter LaBarbera get's it more than I do, as do others who fight the LGBTQueer agenda for a living).
I've never argued in favour of anything disease ridden aCW. :nono:
I only argue for safe sex straight or gay.
So now being accused of being sexually repressed is dismissed as persecution and has perhaps become a badge of honour? :doh: