St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

john w

Hall of Fame
Have the Cards been eliminated yet?

1. I told my mom, yesterday, on Mom's Day,while she was admiring her septic tank, that I might be in St. Louis, at the end of June, to see her/a game, when the Birds are officially eliminated. She is in denial.

2. Oh, you're the self proclaimed,modern day equivalent of Mel Kiper, Jr., for baseball, ain't ya, Mayor, with your fancy hair and/or predictions?!!! Why don't you tell us about your 2 all time best predictions, when you predicted that there would be a tie, for the major league leader in saves, in 1968, and that there would also be a tie amongst pass rushers, for the # of QB sacks in 1981? I bet your ROFLYOA, howling right now, aren't you, rabble rouser? You're also in denial.

john w

Hall of Fame
Didn't Jimmy Dean also sing "Big Bad John"?

Oh, you're now our new Casey Kasem, Mayor? How about zinging us with some original KC-isms, such as, "Keep your feet on the North Carolina ground, and keep reaching for 'The Hollywood stars', such as them Bobby Fleet, and His Band with a Beat types?" Or, how about,"Success doesn't happen in a vacuum, or selling vacuum cleaners, as you're only as good as the people you work with and the people you work for, getting at them spiders?"

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you're now our new Casey Kasem, Mayor? How about zinging us with some original KC-isms, such as, "Keep your feet on the North Carolina ground, and keep reaching for 'The Hollywood stars', such as them Bobby Fleet, and His Band with a Beat types?" Or, how about,"Success doesn't happen in a vacuum, or selling vacuum cleaners, as you're only as good as the people you work with and the people you work for, getting at them spiders?"

Oh, you're a real character today! I bet you bought that dvd collection of Dean Martin's greatest roasts this weekend and now you're taking off on him. I can take it fella!

SaulToPaul 2

Do you remember when Casey Kasem did the long distance dedication from saint john w the great to Lydia Crosswaithe? I recollect that the song was "Separate Lives", back in 1985.

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh, you're a real character today! I bet you bought that dvd collection of Dean Martin's greatest roasts this weekend and now you're taking off on him. I can take it fella!

Careful, Mayor-you will probably try to tell me that you ain't sore. Than how come your jaw muscles are workin', as you read this? Perhaps a "Mr. Cookie Bar," will get your sensitive spirits up a notch? Wonder why Nipsey Russell seemed to be on every roast? Seems a mite curious, especially since I cain't figger out just what he did...

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you remember when Casey Kasem did the long distance dedication from saint john w the great to Lydia Crosswaithe? I recollect that the song was "Separate Lives", back in 1985.

I think you have the wrong KC, Mayor, and I recall "KC and the Sunshine Band" did a long distance dedication from yourself, to a Sgt. Carter "Bunny" type galfriend of yours, in the 70's, cuz you dug the profound lyrics, of "That's the way uh I like it, uh huh, uh huh......"

john w

Hall of Fame
Baseball news wire:

Scherzer strikes out 20, Cleaver remains in AAA for time being. Whalen's Missouri Wiffle Ball records are still not being approached.

And the Mayor's classic last at bat,in college, in the bottom of the ninth, with 2 outs, and his teammates, watching/yawning, in the dugout, already in street clothes, ready to board the plane out of town, still stands/remains etched in memory.....

I heard they are considering putting up a statute of that moment, near his Metzger's Field college baseball stadium.

SaulToPaul 2

And the Mayor's classic last at bat,in college, in the bottom of the ninth, with 2 outs, and his teammates, watching/yawning, in the dugout, already in street clothes, ready to board the plane out of town, still stands/remains etched in memory.....

I heard they are considering putting up a statute of that moment, near his Metzger's Field college baseball stadium.

Oh sure, the joke's on you fella! As I was a pitcher in college and I did not register a single at-bat.
Good thing for me, right, fella?

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh sure, the joke's on you fella! As I was a pitcher in college and I did not register a single at-bat.
Good thing for me, right, fella?

I thought the DH was not "invented" for college, until 1988, which is approximately 8 years after your former glory days? Curious....