St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well Stanj may still be banned and saint john w is MIA so i'm talking to myself about baseball; nothing new, as it is a thinking man's game.

It's getting late for the Yankees, the Astros are up 3-0 into the 9th

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gotta root for the Cubbies! :Clete:

The last time the Cubs were in the post-season, the most memorable person from their series became Steve Bartman

espn-finally-unveils-its-steve-bartman-documentary-tonight.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's one of the few sports left that fat unathletic people can play and do very well. But it is slowly evolving to where more and more of the players are some of the world's best athletes.

true. I saw a segment about youth football in America. Smart parents are guiding their kids away from football and towards safer sports. I think baseball will always have Babe Ruths, Cecil Fielders and Greg Luzinskis

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Still a few innings left but so far it looks like the baby Cubs will win a chance to play the Cardinals in a 5 game series starting Friday @6:30 on TBS.

I'm hoping for 1000 posts and 30,000 views on here before the World Series is over.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh well...........

Last year the Pirates got shutout and 4-hit by Madison Bumgarner in the NL Wildcard Game in Pittsburgh, and then the Giants went on to win the World Series.

This year the Pirates got shutout and 4-hit by Jake Arrieta in the NL Wildcard Game in Pittsburgh. Will the Cubs do like the Giants, and go on and win the World Series with Arrieta?

Remember, Back to the Future Part II has the Cubs winning the WS in 2015.

Also, Arrieta stole a base in the game. The last time a Cub's pitcher stole a base in a post-season game was 1908.

1908 was the last time the Cubs won the World Series.

:think:

I am now 100% behind the Cubs, and hoping they win the World Series !!!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since the one game Wild Card Playoff Game began in 2012, the home teams have won 2 of the 8 games.

The Pirates and Yankees both lost at home this year.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think baseball will always have Babe Ruths, Cecil Fielders and Greg Luzinskis

I always thought Pablo Sandoval was fattest player in baseball when he played for the Giants:

sandoval-pablo.jpg

But, then he got traded to the Red Sox:

10431520_10154883506280187_7865387663382513697_n.jpg

Yet, the Red Sox still call David Ortiz "Big Pappy".

If I owned a restaurant in Boston, I would want Sandoval and Ortiz to eat at my restaurant.