Spiritual CHAT: A PLACE TO EXPRESS SPIRITUAL THOUGHTS.

Truster

A comfortable chair will not help you relax. A comfortable pillow or mattress will not help you sleep. Only peace from a clear conscience provides restorative rest.

Truster

Depression is a man-made label. The term is taken from the science of weather. The Bible teaches differently and it gives a reason for the affliction. "Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;" .

David welcomed affliction and said of it, "until I was afflicted I went astray".

James said, 'Count it all joy when you face trials of many kinds".

What the world calls depression is a good thing and is purposed to humble and draw out arrogance. The Eternal Almighty hates pride and the cure is humility.

Truster

When a saint is taken into affliction he is never the same coming out as he was going in.

The wicked are hardened by affliction with murmuring and complaints.

Last edited:

Truster

My fickle heart was taken
renewed
and made steadfast.
Then every poem
and every love song
took on a meaning
that I hadn't
in my wildest dreams
noticed before.

Truster

The only involvement of time in justification is the moment in which justification is applied to the sinner.

Sanctification however, takes time.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The only involvement of time in justification is the moment in which justification is applied to the sinner.

Sanctification however, takes time.
We ARE justified AND sanctified by the Blood of Christ. What nonsense are you teaching?

For Good Spiritual Chat :[h=3]Grace Revealed - From Grace Ambassadors Ministry Update -[/h]
Hebrews 10:1-14 KJV -
For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Romans 5 - KJV -
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Last edited:

Truster

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers.

This message is hidden because patrick jane is on your ignore list.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not Identified With the Holy Ghost

By Justin Johnson
Have you ever met a Holy Ghost Christian?

They are the folks who think the Holy Ghost does not get the attention he deserves and so make his power, manifestation, and glory the central focus of their meetings.

They might even identify themselves as Pentecostal, since it was on the day of Pentecost two thousand years ago that the remnant of Israel was identified with the Holy Ghost power from above.

Holy Ghost Christians looking to identify themselves with the Holy Ghost at Pentecost have missed the true identity of a Christian.

Baptism With the Holy Ghost

John the Baptist spoke of the Pentecostal identification with the Holy Ghost.

“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:” – Matthew 3:11

It was called a baptism. After all, baptism is best described as your being immersed or initiated into something that results in a change of identity.

Baptism was used in the old testament to identify and ordain priests. They were baptized with water, oil, and blood (Exo 34:25; Exo 40:12).

John the Baptist identified sinners that repented with the cleansing of water for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4).

The Pentecostal believers were baptized with the promised Holy Ghost power.

Jesus said before his ascension:

“ For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence…. ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you…“ – Acts 1:5-8

When Christ sent the Holy Ghost who filled the believers at Pentecost, they were immediately identified with the Holy Ghost and his power. Peter explained:

“ Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.” – Acts 2:33

Peter even called upon the audience to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38).

The baptism with the Holy Ghost at Pentecost was all about the power and presence of the Holy Ghost filled believers. They were identified with the Holy Ghost from heaven.

Our Identity in the Church, Which is His Body

Our identity today in the church is not that of the Holy Ghost, but of Christ. Though the Spirit dwells in all who believe (1 Cor 3:16; Eph 1:13), and Paul manifested the power of the Spirit, we are not identified with the Holy Ghost today, but with Christ himself.

1 Corinthians 12:13
says that we are “baptized into one body”. That is to say our identity has changed to that of the body of Christ (Eph 1:22-23). We are called a “new creature” and the “workmanship of God” (Eph 2:10; 2 Cor 5:17).

How are we identified as his workmanship? The message we preach is completely of grace. It is Christ’s work on our behalf. We are identified with Christ through baptism into his death and resurrection.

We who trust the gospel of Christ without the law, without Israel, and without covenants, are now identified as members of the body of Christ (Eph 1:22-23).

Our identity is found in him as the Head of the Body of Christ.

All saved Christians have the Spirit dwelling in them, yet the identification of a Christian is by Christ in you (Col 1:27).

The Pentecostal believers needed to be identified with the Holy Ghost and his power to preach the gospel of the kingdom, and to separate themselves from unbelieving Israel. Christ sent them the Holy Ghost from heaven. Their baptism identified them with the Holy Ghost.

Believers today need to be identified with the body of Christ and all blessing by grace through his finished work. The holy Spirit places us into Christ. Our baptism identifies us with the body of Christ.

The one baptism is not one that identifies with the Holy Ghost kingdom power, but with Christ and the power of his cross. This is the one baptism and one body that Paul speaks about in Ephesians 4:4-6, not the baptism at Pentecost.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: December 9, 2017
Last Modified: December 20, 2017
Related posts:

1. -How to Be Baptized Without Getting Wet
    -Does 1 Cor 12:13 Describe the Spirit Baptism at Pentecost?
    -The Spirit Baptism Problem in Acts 8:14-17
    -What is Baptism?
    -List: Baptisms in the Bible
    -Did God Pour Out His Spirit In Response To Extreme Faith?
    -One Lord, One Faith, Three Baptisms!

Truster

They took that which did not belong to them
They hid because of the guilt and the shame they felt
They wouldn’t accept responsibility for their actions
They made excuses and even blamed their Maker.

Thus it was and so it is today with the children of Adam
Those that wonder why they feel the way they feel
Those that know not the truth those that believe a lie
Those that prefer darkness to light suffer the consequences.

Truster

"Through many dangers, trials and snares I have already come.
Tis grace that brought me safe thus far and grace shall lead me home". Amen and amen.

Truster

I think you left one out.
A child plays and has fun, enjoying life, and being a child.

I didn't miss it out I left it out, but if you insist.

Children learn this fun nonsense from their mothers of whom it is said: "But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth".