• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Speed of light

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
This is called question begging and appeal to authority, both of which are fallacies.

We have measured the TWO-WAY speed of light, and "c" is how we've defined the result.

What we're trying to determine however, which has NOT been measured, EVER, is the ONE-WAY speed of light, from a source to the first object that the light encounters.
It gets complicates things when you have two opposing Poynting Vectors. "c" is also a rotational force in electricity, and may very well be electricity speed.

Last edited:

Derf

[Emily Litella] What's all this I hear about the speed of light? Why is nobody ever talking about the speed of heavy!!! [\Emily Litella]

(with apologies to Gilda Radner, rest her soul)
The preview doesn't work on TOL, so you have to click the link to see the speed of heavy.

Gary K

Banned
The preview doesn't work on TOL, so you have to click the link to see the speed of heavy.
I blame you for an hour of wasted time. I watched the Fridge video and then there were several videos on Larry Bird's trash talking skills. As good of a basketball player as he was he was far better at trash talking. He knew just how to get into his opponent's head.