ECT Speaking in tongues

heir

TOL Subscriber
We are in the messianic age now, as he has come, and is reigning.
If that were true, there would be no "god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV), no spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12 KJV). The Lord would be operating under "all power" (Matthew 28:18-20 KJV) with a rod of iron (Revelation 19:15 KJV).

It is mad that is another gospel.
Most who hold to MAD declare the cross as the power of God.
A gospel that is anti faith.
Don't be ridiculous! It's all about faith; Christ's faith and finished work on the cross in our place (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV, Galatians 1:3-5 KJV, Galatians 2:16 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV). Take your lies somewhere else!

Interplanner

If that were true, there would be no "god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV), no spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12 KJV). The Lord would be operating under "all power" (Matthew 28:18-20 KJV) with a rod of iron (Revelation 19:15 KJV).

Most who hold to MAD declare the cross as the power of God. Don't be ridiculous! It's all about faith; Christ's faith and finished work on the cross in our place (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV, Galatians 1:3-5 KJV, Galatians 2:16 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV). Take your lies somewhere else!

Yet MAD is unclear about what the Gospel was 'from the beginning.' It thinks there was a different gospel for a while in Acts for reasons complete at odds with the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

And you must not have read Hebrews yet. 'In putting everything under him, God left nothing... Yet at present we don not see everything subject to him...' 2:8

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yet MAD is unclear about what the Gospel was 'from the beginning.'

Nah.

It thinks there was a different gospel for a while in Acts for reasons complete at odds with the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Act 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Act 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

And you must not have read Hebrews yet.

Yeah, for 37 years.

'In putting everything under him, God left nothing... Yet at present we don not see everything subject to him...' 2:8

That's what He said, "not everything, yet".
That's what we've been saying!
But, you say it's all done!

All things spoken by the prophets must and will be fulfilled.

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, with the holy angels with Him.....then He shall sit on the throne of His glory and judge the nations.

Interplanner

Nah.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Act 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Act 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Yeah, for 37 years.

That's what He said, "not everything, yet".
That's what we've been saying!
But, you say it's all done!

All things spoken by the prophets must and will be fulfilled.

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, with the holy angels with Him.....then He shall sit on the throne of His glory and judge the nations.

Good glad to hear that the gospel from the beginning was about the remission of sins.

I don't think you noticed that both things are said about Christ's reign (the reign of God): He has been entrhoned, but we don't see everything subject to him yet. You have been saying a lot of B, but always rejecting A and thinking that A was Judaic and on the land of Israel. it is not.

I have no disagreement with his seating in judgement and glory, but it is not on earth and is not Judaic.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Good glad to hear that the gospel from the beginning was about the remission of sins.

I don't think you noticed that both things are said about Christ's reign (the reign of God): He has been entrhoned, but we don't see everything subject to him yet. You have been saying a lot of B, but always rejecting A and thinking that A was Judaic and on the land of Israel. it is not.

I have no disagreement with his seating in judgement and glory, but it is not on earth and is not Judaic.

You believe that GOD altered His promise to David.
GOD said that He wouldn't, so.....He didn't.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Something in your gut isn't it?
You just can't stand the thought that GOD will keep His promise concerning the throne and the land to Israel.

What do you suppose is the nature of that spirit which causes you to want to change GOD's Word?

Interplanner

You believe that GOD altered His promise to David.
GOD said that He wouldn't, so.....He didn't.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Something in your gut isn't it?
You just can't stand the thought that GOD will keep His promise concerning the throne and the land to Israel.

What do you suppose is the nature of that spirit which causes you to want to change GOD's Word?

But it's not changed; it always was about Christ. That's why there is the hanging question in Jesus time--Is he David's son? And that's why Isaiah is quoted showing that the promises to David were given to the Servant Messiah. But they are for the whole world, just like the Promise in Genesis is for the whole world, andthe Gospel itself.

The Seed always was christ (gal 3:16) and the throne always was for Christ to sit upon.

lifeisgood

Hi and I agree , BUT Paul wasTrained by the best Gamaliel in Acts 22:3 !!

Nothing about Gamaliel teaching Paul about the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul was taught the Law by Gamaliel. Absolutely nothing about speaking in tongues either.

In 1 Cor 14:18 it eads , I give thanks to my God ( THAT ) I speak in GLOSSA / TONGUES /LANGUAGES more than all of you !!

#1 , The first verb is I THANK is in the Greek Persent tense and that means it is spaeking to those saved by Grace !!
#2 , The second verb , I SPEAK also is in thr dispensation of the Grace of God and to me that means , since Paul traveled to many counties , the Holy Spirit used GLOSSIA wher Paul did not know the LANGUAGES !!

#3 , Paul could altready speak Greek , Latin , Hebrew , and Aramaic !!

#4 So Paul did speak in Languages , so where did I mis-speak ??

dan p

I also speak Portuguese, Spanish, English, some French and Italian, however, I do not speak in tongues.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
hvxbmAAQVDOcBo7mbf8V.gif
The priest would anoint the goat’s head with oil and the smell of the burning oil down the way would make—not the sheep—but the goats sneeze.
goat.gif