Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I agree.

I agree.

However, I do not think one has to be one only for all situations and for all time.

The trinity being an example.
Was it one (acting alone - Monorgist) that assured our salvation, or three (acting together - Synergist)?

I routinely use the term 'interpenetration' and occassionly 'circuminsession' and once in a great while 'perichoresis', though I know that most of my listeners are not even going to hold those terms in their attention span for a split second.

I have found that the word 'Interpenetration/interpenetrating' spoken with the simultaneous demonstration of the slow meshing of the fingers together until they interlock has had the greatest success in communicating to my audience of the concept. Saying the word 'perichoresis' gets blank stares, though depending on my audience, if they allow the focus, I can explain that the word is derived from two Greek words 'peri-around' and 'chorein-contain', which, I have found, really doesn't help much.
'Circuminsession' isn't much better.

All of those terms are fine, if one is with a group who use the terms frequently with understanding, but from my perspective, as Francis Schaeffer said, "Christianity is becoming more and more an isolated language group talking among themselves inside the walls(not an exact quote, but from memory)". I, personally, find the need to be able to communicate with the average person on the street in order to effectually get across the fact that we all need a Savior and why there can be only one.

Regardless. Monergism and Synergism have nothing to do with this area of doctrine, so Tam's contentions are exposed as utter ignorance and stubbornness, etc. Then she tried to shift gears instead of admitting her horrific failure and error.

It's a huge deal.

john w

Hall of Fame
He still has not explained Gal 3:22 (KJV) to us knuckle dragging mouth breathers...

Well, Mayor, to show Pneumonia, that, when you get to know me, I'm one of the sweetest hombres on the wild, wild west, of TOL, I prepared a letter, for him. It goes:

"My dear "the Bible" rejecting/agnostic/mystic Pneumonia,

As one country bumpkin, to a scholar, I regret to inform you, that you cannot possible know what us bible believers are saying. You don't want to know the difference. It is a common malady known as 'Catholicitis.' It, being this 'Magesterium' of clowns, 'scholars' who are needed, to inform the dumb masses out there, what the bible really means, has no known cure. The Lord Jesus Christ produced a cure approximately 2000 years ago. However, since the skeptical 'scholarship' profession had so much $'s, and personal interests at stake, this miraculous cure was obscured immediately upon its discovery.

Alas, it remains so to this day(Ecclesiastes 1:9 KJV). We wish we could help, but the patient we could help must seek it out-and its very expensive(**).(The patentor has chosen to release this cure to a select few, nonetheless-ask Endora). You must shuck your 'scholarship,' your 'high,' man pleasing lordship addiction, and get on your knees,humble yourself, and seek after wisdom.

I doubt you can afford it. So sorry.

Your pal,

saint John W

**I charge $200 a day, plus expenses. Maybe the Mayor can get you a discount

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Personally, I don't depend on commentaries, Greek, and Hebrew translations into English and mighty Bible Scholars long since deceased. The Bible is first and foremost a "Spiritual book." I pray before I open the Holy inspired Bible, that God will give me the wisdom and knowledge to understand what I'm about to read.

In essence, I trust the Holy Spirit to guide me.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Personally, I don't depend on commentaries, Greek, and Hebrew translations into English and mighty Bible Scholars long since deceased. The Bible is first and foremost a "Spiritual book." I pray before I open the Holy inspired Bible, that God will give me the wisdom and knowledge to understand what I'm about to read.

In essence, I trust the Holy Spirit to guide me.

No, you trust the paychological phenomena of your own unrenewed mind that you think is the Holy Spirit.

john w

Hall of Fame
Gotta save these, too.

"Gotta"

And he is "gonna" "learn us" us hillbillies, on "the
" English, "the" Greek, the Greek grammar, and about dem propsiposals ofChrist?

"Nyet," in Russian, which I took for 4 years, 42 years ago. I'm an expert on "The Rooski."

Status
Not open for further replies.