Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Preservation of the Saints, as taught in the Doctrines of Grace, implies perseverance.
If you were electivly saved before you were born (ie. before you did anything at all), then you were eternally saved before any persevering took place.

Those who never fall away are true believers and saints unto Glory. Is this what you believe, too?
Hold on a second.
Are you saying that God elected some to be elect for a time, but then would strip them of their election because they did not persevere?
That kinda goes against the theory that God elected the elect before they were even born or did anything at all.
It also goes against the elect having ETERNAL life, because if you were elected for ETERNAL life, then you can't do anything to make it non-ETERNAL.
It also goes against Calvinism in that it bases keeping salvation (ETERNAL life) on the merits of men (whether they persevere or not).

I, too, am a Monergist. I know I have no ability, outside of Christ, for my next breath let alone to choose Him and then follow Him for eternity.
Well, if you believe God makes some believe only for a while, and then takes their belief away ........ you could be one that will not persevere and get kicked out of the elect crowd.
OSAS just flew out the window for you.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Romans 3
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

And?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
No, just as far as TOL goes. Any such board has that right.

Have you noticed the name of the thread where your conversations end up taking place? We're just visitors to the Phantom Zone. You're the occupant.

You're in a zone, alright. A demilitarized zone. Mines everywhere. You're a goner. You don't know where to step without getting blown to bits.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
A child can understand it. Do you?

Yep. You think you get the faith of Jesus Christ by your own action of believing.

You know nothing of the ontological Gospel of Paul, and substitute another (and there is no other).

Glad you think your own believing helped save you. Good work, S2P.

musterion

Yep. You think you get the faith of Jesus Christ by your own action of believing.

You know nothing of the ontological Gospel of Paul, and substitute another (and there is no other).

Glad you think your own believing helped save you. Good work, S2P.

That's a deliberate misrep of what you know we believe. That's slander. Which fruit of the spirit is that, Pepe?

musterion

I see, so that verse does not apply to me. Got it.

God's not going to judge me for failing to live up to your lexical standard. Get over yourself.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But that's a common mistake for Synergists.
I'm not a synergist.
I don't believe that it took the works of two (me and Christ).
Christ did the work.

No need for grace when you can cooperate with God and help save yourself.
My WORKS didn't save me.
I'm not the one that lived a sinless life.
I rely on the righteousness and obedience of one.

God job. You helped save yourself SO well.
Liar liar pants on fire.

musterion

You know it's funny. Unless it was someone else, just yesterday you (I think it was) accused someone of thinking they're saved by their knowledge of Christ rather than by Christ Himself.

Yet here you are calling into question everything that others believe, questioning their salvation based on YOUR "right" knowledge of things they only think they understand but don't, because a plain reading of the Bible cannot by itself be trusted. Instead, we need a guru like you to explain it to us. To save us by YOUR "right" knowledge. You need to save us from our own Bible-based ignorance by means of your saving "right" knowledge.

Hypocrite.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Gal 3
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

LOL. This is a purpose clause. It's the promise being given, not the faith of Jesus Christ. And those who believe is a WORD CLUSTER in English that is an articlar participle.

Your Synergism is narcigesis. Greek doesn't say what you infer it says in that verse. You're a victim of English perception. You really need to learn some Greek basics. Your "simple" English has given you a false doctrinal foundation.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You know it's funny. Unless it was someone else, just yesterday you (I think it was) accused someone of thinking they're saved by their knowledge of Christ rather than by Christ Himself.

Yet here you are calling into question everything that others believe, questioning their salvation based on YOUR "right" knowledge of things they only think they understand but don't, because a plain reading of the Bible cannot by itself be trusted. Instead, we need a guru like you to explain it to us. To save us by YOUR "right" knowledge. You need to save us from our own Bible-based ignorance by means of your saving "right" knowledge.

Hypocrite.

Nope. Knowledge (oida) is what love abounds in.

You and others have a gnostic foundation. The knowledge I refer to is the resulting knowledge, not the initiative knowledge.

It's difficult to even have a meaningful conversation with those who are bound by English fallacies as their very foundation of existence and thought without a renewed mind.

You don't know what ANYTHING means. And you don't know that. AND... You know something else in its place. THAT's gnosticism.

musterion

LOL. This is a purpose clause. It's the promise being given, not the faith of Jesus Christ. And those who believe is a WORD CLUSTER in English that is an articlar participle.

Your Synergism is narcigesis. Greek doesn't say what you infer it says in that verse. You're a victim of English perception. You really need to learn some Greek basics. Your "simple" English has given you a false doctrinal foundation.

Point proved, right on cue, while I was yet typing. So predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.