Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah but what do we know? We can't even define faith correctly.
As far as how salvation came about, the definition of faith is somewhat irrelevant, because they were electively saved before they ever born or did anything right or wrong, including having or not having faith.
In other words, they were not elected because they had faith, they were elected before they had any faith at all.
Faith takes a back burner.

musterion

He will say that we do not understand what saved and sealed means, ontologically.

68918183.jpg

musterion

As far as how salvation came about, the definition of faith is somewhat irrelevant, because they were electively saved before they ever born or did anything right or wrong, including having or not having faith.
In other words, they were not elected because they had faith, they were elected before they had any faith at all.

Yup.

Eagles Wings

PPS is a Monergist.
They believe, as Calvinist do, in OSAS.
The only difference is in how that salvation came about.
Preservation of the Saints, as taught in the Doctrines of Grace, implies perseverance. Those who never fall away are true believers and saints unto Glory. Is this what you believe, too?

I, too, am a Monergist. I know I have no ability, outside of Christ, for my next breath let alone to choose Him and then follow Him for eternity.

musterion

It was SO obliging of you to synergistically assist God in saving yourself as your works. I'm sure God is pleased and blessed by that. He was probably very unsure about how to accomplish it without you and your responsive performance.

I'm sure it's load off of His eternal mind to know that He can now have that help from you for your salvation. Now the sacrifice of Christ can be effective. God thanks you for your assistance in His lack of sovereignty and power.

Good job, Pajamas. Gold star for your efforts of salvation. :)

That's Augustine talking.

Can you say, ‘We will first walk in His righteousness, and will observe His judgments, and will act in a worthy way, so that He will give His grace to us’? But what good would you evil people do? And how would you do those good things, unless you were yourselves good? But Who causes people to be good? Only He Who said, ‘And I will visit them to make them good,’ and, ‘I will put my Spirit within you, and will cause you to walk in my righteousness, and to observe my judgments, and do them’ (Ezek.36:27). Are you asleep? Can’t you hear Him saying, ‘I will cause you to walk, I will make you to observe,’ lastly, ‘I will make you to do’? Really, are you still puffing yourselves up? We walk, true enough, and we observe, and we do; but it is God Who He makes us to walk, to observe, to do. This is the grace of God making us good; this is His mercy going before us.

Augustine, Against Two Letters of the Pelagians 4:15

The Reformed are big on Auggie.

PPP is a real mixed bag o' spam, that's for sure.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It was SO obliging of you to synergistically assist God in saving yourself as your works. I'm sure God is pleased and blessed by that. He was probably very unsure about how to accomplish it without you and your responsive performance.

I'm sure it's load off of His eternal mind to know that He can now have that help from you for your salvation. Now the sacrifice of Christ can be effective. God thanks you for your assistance in His lack of sovereignty and power.

Good job, Pajamas. Gold star for your efforts of salvation. :)

What makes you think I think I did something to be saved ? I did nothing, I just so happen to believe in Christ's work on the cross.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Hey slick, don't play victim.

I'm not. It's the inverse, and you're too old to be a triggered Millennial.

Remember that this is predominantly a MAD board, from the owner on down.

So now you think your localized majority determines overall theology for the Christian faith, and the Mods are here to censor out all other views? Is that what you're insisting?

Pathetic. Gang mentality. And it will never change the fact that Dispensationalism is a 19th-century innovation and heresy.

You knew that when you got here and STILL you enjoyed tossing the gauntlet, even unto this very day.

More bullying bias. Are you continuing to say that Knight is utterly intolerant of any other theological views? What exactly are you trying to say except that this is a tiny little theological pond in the ocean of theological truth, and you guys are the big ducks... so watch out.

The majority is not the determination of truth; and if it were, you'd ALL be wrong and disallowed overall. Open Theism didn't even exist when Dispensationalism got its birth. So if you're appealing to numbers, it's both naive AND another of your logical fallacies.

Freelight is given more freedom than anyone on this board. So don't even try to play that card.

So you going to tell us in one simple, non-technical sentence what faith is, or not?

I sure will. No need to make such a dramatic production like a progressive Millennial.

Let's start with one simple teensie-weensie itsy-bitsy plain and unchangeable fact...

Faith... IS A NOUN. It's not a verb. Faith is "the thing believed".

There's a wealth of lexicography that can follow that, but it's that simple to begin.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

No. I'm not overly fond of Augustine. He's one of my least favorite. Try again.

The Reformed are big on Auggie.

Depends on which Reformed you mean. Many do, yes. He wasn't much of a linguist, so he's way down the list.

PPP is a real mixed bag o' spam, that's for sure.

Nope. I reconcile ALL binaries and dichotomies of doctrine without any trace of Relativism. Someone has to.

musterion

Ecclesia reformata et semper reformanda secundum verbum Dei
“The Church reformed and always reforming, according to the Word of God.”

So he's got a Reformed slogan, is a monergist, but NOT a Calvinist.

Riiiight.

Eagles Wings

As God is never changing, His Word is from everlasting to everlasting, how can it be any other way, than that He knows the beginning and end of each of His creatures? He counts the hairs on our head, He knows the flight of the sparrow. He knows the end result of all Creation, and tells us to trust and believe.

Are we angry and do we cry foul when we read of the countless lives God destroys in Scripture? Did they deserve such punishment? We either except all of His will, or we accept none of it.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

And it's actually you and PJ and all the other Synergists talking.

You claim to be in a mutually contingent relation of synergism to cooperate with God for your salvation.

That's Synergism. And that's your unequivocal pride and arrogance.

I didn't and couldn't save myself. I was in spiritual death and sin. Dead. I need to be resurrected. I couldn't resurrect myself from within. I couldn't even fully know my own depravity. I had to have God, through Christ, save me to the uttermost.

I couldn't cooperate with Him. I don't have the Synergy to make God contingent and deny His incommunicable attribute of Necessity. He also is non-Contingent as the one true and living God, and Creator of all. I, as the creation, could not effect my own salvation NOR assist and cooperate in effecting my own salvation. God, in Christ, saved me.

You, on the other hand, cooperated with God. Kudos to you for your helping God save yourself.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
What makes you think I think I did something to be saved ? I did nothing, I just so happen to believe in Christ's work on the cross.

YOU believed? All by yourself? Your believing saved you?

God's Word saved me. My believing was the action that came out the noun of faith for me; and that noun of faith came out of the thing heard, which came by means of the Word of God.

Believing is not faith. Faith is a noun. That's the whole point.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

That's Calvinism (or a weird semi-representation of it from a Synergist, actually).

I'm not a Calvinist. There is no "before" for election. God is timeless. There is no "before" for God.

But you're probably an Open Theist, too. So you don't even think God is timeless (if you are).

Glad you were able to cooperate with God to save yourself by your works in some manner. I hope those works were sufficient as the help God needed from your cooperation.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Oops. You left out grace.

But that's a common mistake for Synergists. No need for grace when you can cooperate with God and help save yourself.

You guys work up your own (alleged) faith and believe all by yourself (well, maybe with some help from God).

God job. You helped save yourself SO well. God is proud of you for it. He knew you could, but only since you did. He had no idea until you did it that it would get done, so you've taken a load off of His eternal mind to finally know that.

SaulToPaul 2

Romans 3
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

musterion

So now you think your localized majority determines overall theology for the Christian faith,

No, just as far as TOL goes. Any such board has that right.

and the Mods are here to censor out all other views? Is that what you're insisting?

Have you noticed the name of the thread where your conversations end up taking place? We're just visitors to the Phantom Zone. You're the occupant.

Status
Not open for further replies.