Space Force

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Because why spend money to help people in need on earth when we can zoom around space instead? It's so much more fun!

Because where do you think that money comes from? YOU AND ME! Theft is theft, and the government taking money from you and me to pay someone who isn't going to be grateful for it anyways is even worse. I'd much rather have my tax money go to the military budget.

It would also fix our immigration problem, but that's a topic for another time that would derail the thread if discussed here.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Because where do you think that money comes from? YOU AND ME! Theft is theft, and the government taking money from you and me to pay someone who isn't going to be grateful for it anyways is even worse. I'd much rather have my tax money go to the military budget.

It would also fix our immigration problem, but that's a topic for another time that would derail the thread if discussed here.

Wait a minute, you were fine with taxes if they were going to be used for space toys!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Wait a minute, you were fine with taxes if they were going to be used for space toys!
Because it's well within the government's right to use my tax money (even though they tax far too much) for defence of the nation.

As I've stated elsewhere (especially in my "An Advocation of Government" thread), the government has only two roles. Anything more than those two roles, and the government starts becoming inefficient.

Those two roles are infrastructure, and criminal justice (which includes the military).

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Because it's well within the government's right to use my tax money (even though they tax far too much) for defence of the nation.

As I've stated elsewhere (especially in my "An Advocation of Government" thread), the government has only two roles. Anything more than those two roles, and the government starts becoming inefficient.

Those two roles are infrastructure, and criminal justice (which includes the military).

Agree about not derailing the thread, I'll just say I absolutely and totally disagree with you and leave it at that. :e4e:

drbrumley

As Ian Malcolm said,

"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

drbrumley

All I know right now is I am very uneasy about such a thing as this.

I mean I can just see it, trying to blow Jesus out of the sky. (of course no one can do that)

All in the name of "protecting the people."

Yes it is an extreme example.

drbrumley

They're already stealing money from you. God says 10% tax is tyrannical.

We're being taxed at least 40%.

looking over this again, I didn't see an answer to my question.

So if I say no to this and they use my money for this totally inappropriate stunt, then I can say they are stealing?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
looking over this again, I didn't see an answer to my question.

So if I say no to this and they use my money for this totally inappropriate stunt, then I can say they are stealing?

It's kind of a moot question, considering that a "space force" military branch falls within the "criminal justice" responsibility given by God to governments. Are they stealing from you? Yes, but it's mostly to fund programs that are not part of the responsibilities to the government, yet on the other hand, some of that money is being used in the correct way, to fund infrastructure and criminal justice (though nowadays it's hardly justice...). How they tax us, how much they tax us, where that task money goes, all of these details make it hard to make a blanket judgement on the entire issue.

Our government is bloated and corrupt. If we were to reduce the size of the government, and get rid of all programs that are neither infrastructure or criminal justice (which includes the military) related, and eliminate all taxes except for a 5% flat income tax, then the government would no longer be stealing from its citizens, and it wouldn't need to, as it would sufficiently fund the government.

Of course, that most likely won't happen in my lifetime, or even in the next generation's lifetime. But it is a solution.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

That's the rub. Who gets to say whether the social safety net or "Star Wars" projects are stealing?

There's also the fact that the United States and every nation remotely able to put a military force into space has signed a treaty to keep such forces out of space.

863px-Outer_Space_Treaty_parties.svg.png

Nations in red are those not parties or signatories to the treaty.

Not that Trump would scruple at reneging on a signed agreement; he made a career of cheating on his contractual obligations.

Danoh

So we have a terrible government, what are they going to do when Jesus returns....try to blow him out of the sky?

"The powers that be" long having been corrupted (centuries upon centuries long since corrupted) as to said principle's original intent, ya just might have something there.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Danoh

Because why spend money to help people in need on earth when we can zoom around space instead? It's so much more fun!

Of course, that is one heck of an old observation - one that's been around ever since way before space exploration was even any kind of a hoped for possibility.

SaulToPaul 2

So we have a terrible government, what are they going to do when Jesus returns....try to blow him out of the sky?

I think that's one possibility.

Another is that the Space Force will condition the masses to believe we need protection from aliens. Reagan spoke on this back in the 80s, and how such a thing would unite the world as one. Bible believers recognize this one world system from Daniel and Revelation.

Danoh

I think that's one possibility.

Another is that the Space Force will condition the masses to believe we need protection from aliens. Reagan spoke on this back in the 80s, and how such a thing would unite the world as one. Bible believers recognize this one world system from Daniel and Revelation.

Not what he'd meant, but close enough.

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQxzWpy7PKg&app=desktop

Obviously, he'd gotten the inspiration for his words from a sci-fi classic like the first version of "The Day The Earth Stood Still."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber