South Carolina Officer Is Charged With Murder in Black Man’s Death

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
While (as usual) the entire encounter was not shown (where was the car if it was a traffic stop?),

It doesn't matter . What was shown is an unarmed guy getting gunned down while running away UNARMED.

Have you not learned anything from the St. Trayvon Martin and St. Michael Brown cases and how the Obama owned lying prostitute media will do anything to lynch a cop? While I realize that you liberals don't care if there is more to the story than what was shown on the video, there is.

Even if he did try to steal a weapon earlier (which can't be trusted given that the cop also reported giving the victim CPR which is clearly false in the video) the attempt failed and shots did not need to be fired to prevent it. The guy was running away with no weapon at all.

Do you disagree?

Refer to my first post regarding the SCOTUS ruling on a fleeing felon (attempting to wrestle away a police officer's service weapon is a felony).

If this video wasn't taken, you'd side with the killer. Can you say "Gestapo" aCW?

It must really bother you when I mention your boy's name (B. Hussein Obama) and Gestapo in the same sentence ey Doper?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Wow. A cop mocks up the scene and plants his own Taser to frame a black guy! Gee, can't say I saw that coming.

The cop's a murderer, plain and simple. Break him on a wheel.

Mocking You

Does any one here have any doubt that if there weren't a video, we'd be listening to how the dangerous thug deserved what he got and the officer feared for his life?

How many folks here will admit to themselves that's exactly what they'd be saying?

You mean like this?:

A North Charleston police officer was forced to use his service weapon Saturday during a scuffle with a suspect who tried to overpower him and seize the officer's Taser, authorities said.

The man, who has a history of violence and a long arrest record, died on the scene as a result of the encounter, despite officers performing CPR and delivering first aid, according to police reports.

The shooting was the 11th this year by a South Carolina police officer. The State Law Enforcement Division has begun an investigation into the incident.

Police identified the officer involved as Patrolman 1st Class Michael Thomas Slager and the suspect as Walter Lamar Scott, 50, of Meadowlawn Drive in West Ashley. Slager, 33, served honorably in the military before joining the North Charleston Police Department more than five years ago. He has never been disciplined during his time on the force, his attorney said.

The incident occurred behind a pawn shop on Craig Street and Remount Road. Slager initially pulled Scott over for a broken taillight. During the stop, police and witnesses say Scott fled the vehicle on foot. When Slager caught up with him a short distance from the street, Scott reportedly attempted to overpower Slager. Police say that during the struggle, the man gained control of the Taser and attempted to use it against the officer.

It was during that scuffle that the officer fired his service weapon, fatally wounding Scott.

“Shots fired, and the subject is down. He took my Taser," Slager radioed immediately following the shooting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/08/walter-scott-shooting-without-video_n_7024404.html

BTW: Here's the video

https://vimeo.com/124336782

Warning: Graphic images and language.

shagster01

Qu
Have you not learned anything from the St. Trayvon Martin and St. Michael Brown cases and how the Obama owned lying prostitute media will do anything to lynch a cop? While I realize that you liberals don't care if there is more to the story than what was shown on the video, there is.

Refer to my first post regarding the SCOTUS ruling on a fleeing felon (attempting to wrestle away a police officer's service weapon is a felony).

The cop lied about what happened already, saying he tried to revive the guy, which the video shows is a lie. The video also shows him planting the taser beside the dead guy.

So how can you trust the other stuff the guy says?

Also, nothing at the time of the shooting shows that the guy needed to be shot.

He was fleeing because he owed Child Support money. Is that a capital crime? Where is any evidence that the guy stole a weapon? Any evidence was ruined when the cop picked up a weapon and planted it somewhere else.

It must really bother you when I mention your boy's name (B. Hussein Obama) and Gestapo in the same sentence ey Doper?

Obama is not my boy.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior Qu

The cop lied about what happened already, saying he tried to revive the guy, which the video shows is a lie. The video also shows him planting the taser beside the dead guy.

So how can you trust the other stuff the guy says?

Obviously you don't know what the term "plant" means. In this case the officer took evidence from the ground and put it near the suspect, he didn't remove it from his person and make it appear that the suspect had the weapon.

Also, nothing at the time of the shooting shows that the guy needed to be shot.

Your opinion which obviously is based on the video that we were shown by the Obama owned lying prostitute media is duly noted.

He was fleeing because he owed Child Support money.

Really, a violent career criminal was also a dead beat dad? (The things we learn from white guilt ridden liberals).

I think the fact that prior to being shot by the officer that he committed a felony by wrestling the officer's service weapon away from him had something to do with his flight.

shagster01

Obviously you don't know what the term "plant" means. In this case the officer took evidence from the ground and put it near the suspect, he didn't remove it from his person and make it appear that the suspect had the weapon.

You do not move or tamper with evidence. Or else it is no longer evidence.

Your opinion which obviously is based on the video that we were shown by the Obama owned lying prostitute media is duly noted.

As opposed to your evidence which is based on....what exactly? The testimony of a lying cop? "I gave CPR!"

Really, a violent career criminal was also a dead beat dad? (The things we learn from white guilt ridden liberals).

You call getting arrested once for assault 30 years ago a career in violent crime?

I think the fact that prior to being shot by the officer that he committed a felony by wrestling the officer's service weapon away from him had something to do with his flight.

How is that fact? Show me the evidence.

This Charming Manc

You still agree that he was intentionally tampering with a crime scene he was responsible for?

Do you also agree that he lied in his statement whether he gave CPR and medical attention to the victim?

Did he do those thing because be believed himself innocent of wrong doing, and justified in his actions?

Granite

Hall of Fame
If ACW had ever been a cop he'd know evidence tampering when he saw it.

Sorry to say but maybe this tragedy, finally, will be what it takes to force the public to sit up and seriously take notice of abuse of power. This is almost as cut and dry as it can get.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Does any one here have any doubt that if there weren't a video, we'd be listening to how the dangerous thug deserved what he got and the officer feared for his life?

How many folks here will admit to themselves that's exactly what they'd be saying?

No doubt at all that's what we'd be hearing. And we'd be hearing how anyone who disagreed with them was "racist."

Well, if THall sounds off you might get a balancing, "See? Every policeman practices this in his spare time. I know. I trained most of them."

Horrible video to watch. What can he say, the guy had a weapon and was running toward a pre school playground just out of frame?

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

And you see nothing wrong with that because you believe the end justifies the means, right, aCW?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
After all of the tears you and your fellow liberals shed over St. Trayvon Martin and St. Michael Brown, this case must make you feel pretty good widdle fella.

While (as usual) the entire encounter was not shown (where was the car if it was a traffic stop?), this is what concerns me:

A White House task force has recommended a host of changes to the nation’s police policies, and President Obama sent Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. to cities around the country to try to improve police relations with minority neighborhoods..."

Can you say "Gestapo" zoo?

A man was shot in the back in cold blood, and you're concerned scared out of your jackboots that there would be any attempt to improve police relations with minority neighborhoods. Your bigotry is disgusting.

In South Carolina, a state with a long and deep history of racial discrimination against African Americans, three white law enforcement officers have been indicted in recent months on charges stemming from incidents in which they shot — and in two cases, killed — unarmed black men.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
In South Carolina, a state with a long and deep history of racial discrimination against African Americans, three white law enforcement officers have been indicted in recent months on charges stemming from incidents in which they shot — and in two cases, killed — unarmed black men.[/URL]

I have an idea on how to improve minority relations with police. Let them stop committing so much crime. :idunno:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I have an idea on how to improve minority relations with police. Let them stop committing so much crime. :idunno:

Racism comes in a variety of forms. Some are irrational and demonstrably false. Some are not. Mine is not.

I come from a place where there are lots of black people. I've had to deal with these people. I go to school in a place where there are lots of Mexicans, hispanics and Asians. I've had to deal with these people.

There's nothing irrational about my racism. I don't posit any genetic/intrinsic inferiority of other races. No. It's entirely practical/experiential. As a matter of fact, having dealt with other races, I am consistently confronted with the obvious fact that they are different (in a variety of ways...culturally, for one), and I strongly dislike these differences (for example, the fact that black people apparently don't know how to talk to each other in public without shouting at each other from a mile away; for example, the fact that young hispanics apparently love to drink and play excessively loud music at odd hours of the night).

republicanchick

What does this say about all the other shootings of unarmed black men where the police also claimed that they feared for their lives and there was no video evidence to contradict their stories.

Ferguson?

oh, so u know better than all those people in the grand jury who saw ALL the evidence?

how arrogant

_____

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I saw the video
The man was clearly running away from the cop...

U.S. Supreme Court

TENNESSEE v. GARNER, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)
471 U.S. 1
TENNESSEE v. GARNER ET AL.
APPEAL FROM THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE SIXTH CIRCUIT

"...This case requires us to determine the constitutionality of the use of deadly force to prevent the escape of an apparently unarmed suspected felon. We conclude that such force may not be used unless it is necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=471&invol=1

This is almost as cut and dry as it can get.
We don't see what occurred prior to all of this.

animated-smileys-housekeeping-157.gif
Just an aside: When you are taking a video, hold the camera still.

shagster01

We don't see what occurred prior to all of this.

animated-smileys-housekeeping-157.gif
Just an aside: When you are taking a video, hold the camera still.

What could have possibly occurred that would justify shooting an unarmed man in the back as he ran away in this video? How can you say the officer was afraid for his life in this video?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
What could have possibly occurred that would justify shooting an unarmed man in the back as he ran away in this video? How can you say the officer was afraid for his life in this video?

I don't believe the officer was in fear for his life. When an officer says stop--stop. This has nothing to do with skin color [Ac 17:26] (the decedent's own brother said he didn't know if racial animus was a factor).

Granite

Hall of Fame

It's obviously nonsense. (Something else: If a man running away from you's enough to give you a fright, maybe "cop" is the last job in the world you deserve.) The video just shows how blatant their disregard for the truth and justice actually is, confirming what a lot of us have known or feared for years.