South Carolina Officer Is Charged With Murder in Black Man’s Death

Arthur Brain

Obviously you don't know what the term "plant" means. In this case the officer took evidence from the ground and put it near the suspect, he didn't remove it from his person and make it appear that the suspect had the weapon.

Have you even the remotest idea of just how gormless you sound here? Why do you suppose this officer felt the need to tamper with the evidence and place it near the suspect in the bloody first place?! Aesthetic reasons?

:doh:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

AB:

Pointing out that I'm a racist (which, of course, is entirely true) isn't an argument against what I've said. Minorities (especially blacks) want to have a better relation with the police? Fine, then here are my proposals:

1. Stop committing (especially violent) crimes.
2. Stop using and selling illegal drugs.
3. Do not resist arrest.

Chances are, had the unarmed suspect followed these very simple rules, then he would still be alive now. :idunno:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Cops don't seem to chase people anymore?

Why should they? Suspect doesn't want the policeman to stop him either by 1. running him over with his cop car or 2. with a bullet (or 8)?

Then don't run in the first place. Submit peacefully to arrest.

Arthur Brain

AB:

Pointing out that I'm a racist (which, of course, is entirely true) isn't an argument against what I've said. Minorities (especially blacks) want to have a better relation with the police? Fine, then here are my proposals:

1. Stop committing crimes.
2. Stop using and selling illegal drugs.
3. Do not resist arrest.

Chances are, had the unarmed suspect followed these very simple rules, then he would still be alive now. :idunno:

Eh?

I haven't even addressed you on this thread Trad and the above is why I generally don't bother with you on this or any other...

:plain:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Eh?

I haven't even addressed you on this thread Trad and the above is why I generally don't bother with you on this or any other...

Do you disagree with my assessment? Do you think that if black people didn't do those things, that the police would still be gunning them down left and right?

Look, it's one thing to say: "I disagree with you; here are the facts."

It's another thing to say "boo." What you are doing, and what AB was doing, is saying "boo." Sorry, but "boo" isn't an argument. It's not a rational rebuttal.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
But he did. Your statements above are not an argument. They are not a rational rebuttal :p

I'm not giving an argument. I am only stating a fact. The cop shot a fleeing suspect (which, if I am not mistaken, is a felony offense). Why did he shoot him? I don't know. I don't care.

But I know this: if this cop shoots every fleeing suspect he comes across, no matter how trivial the reason for it, the vast majority of us will be unaffected. :idunno:

WizardofOz

I'm not giving an argument. I am only stating a fact. The cop shot a fleeing suspect (which, let us note, is a felony offense). Why did he shoot him? I don't know. I don't care.

But I know this: if this cop shoots every fleeing suspect he comes across, no matter how trivial the reason for it, the vast majority of us will be unaffected. :idunno:

And if the cop had missed the guy would still be alive. And if he decided not to draw at all the guy would still be alive.

If you don't want to deal with the issue at hand just say so or bow out :idunno:

Arthur Brain

Do you disagree with my assessment? Do you think that if black people didn't do those things, that the police would still be gunning them down left and right?

Look, it's one thing to say: "I disagree with you; here are the facts."

It's another thing to say "boo." What you are doing, and what AB was doing, is saying "boo." Sorry, but "boo" isn't an argument. It's not a rational rebuttal.

Of course I do. You've worn your puerile racism on your sleeve for as long as I can recall as well as misogyny. The fact that you call black people a "minority race" only serves to underline that. Your talking about rationality is akin to a hot air balloon moaning about having too much gas...

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Of course I do. You've worn your puerile racism on your sleeve for as long as I can recall as well as misogyny. The fact that you call black people a "minority race" only serves to underline that. Your talking about rationality is akin to a hot air balloon moaning about having too much gas...

Do you disagree that blacks enjoy a minority status in the United States? The only reason I said "minorities" is to make my comments to have a wider scope. They also apply to Mexicans, etc.

Arthur Brain

I'm not giving an argument. I am only stating a fact. The cop shot a fleeing suspect (which, if I am not mistaken, is a felony offense). Why did he shoot him? I don't know. I don't care.

The chances are this crank 'cop' won't be shooting anyone ever again with any luck and of course you don't care. When do you ever if it isn't in regards to how superior you are to everybody else?

:idunno:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
But he did. Your statements above are not an argument. They are not a rational rebuttal :p

Fair enough. That really depends on the circumstances. Did the policeman feel as though he were in serious danger, or that other people would be in serious danger if he failed to apprehend the suspect?

It's not categorically wrong to shoot a fleeing suspect in the back.

Furthermore we can't take into account the actual threat posed by the suspect. What counts is what the police officer felt at the time.

So, the question is, why did the police officer shoot?

To make it so that the world is populated by one less black guy?
To avoid the strenuous exercise which is running?
Because he hadn't used his firearm in a while, and he wanted to make sure it still works?
Because shooting people is fun?
Because he genuinely felt as though the suspect was a threat?

Furthermore, did the police officer intend to kill the suspect? Maybe he was aiming for the legs and simply wanted to disarm/disable the suspect?

I don't know. Do you? :idunno:

But I do know this: ultimately, the suspect had it coming. That's what he gets for running.

Arthur Brain

Do you disagree that blacks enjoy a minority status in the United States? The only reason I said "minorities" is to make my comments to have a wider scope. They also apply to Mexicans, etc.

The fact that you need to differentiate between black/white says it all already. If only you could be capable of having a 'wider scope'. Maybe with age and experience...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Does any one here have any doubt that if there weren't a video, we'd be listening to how the dangerous thug deserved what he got and the officer feared for his life?

How many folks here will admit to themselves that's exactly what they'd be saying?

from seeing the video in real time - there was an initial "fear" reaction, after that, training should override the trigger; pride and anger; embarrassment; laziness. it is that simple. murder - :patrol: