ECT Sources of the Kind of Dialectic Used Here By Many Dispensationalists

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Since the advent of Dispensationalism, theology has been tainted with this method of argument. Dispensationalism has established itself as the anti-thesis to historical Christian orthodoxy.

That would be a good opening, yet you need to link a source, or use biblical quotes to back up your reasoning. Thanks for showing how it is done correctly. :)

Eagles Wings

To the OP, what is the ultimate goal if you are correct, and what is the cost for those who oppose it?

I believe your answer is being played out in a small sense here on TOL.

I hope I am being clear.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That would be a good opening, yet you need to link a source, or use biblical quotes to back up your reasoning. Thanks for showing how it is done correctly. :)

The OP or broach of subject is not mine, but northwye has been giving many references to this subject the past few weeks.

You might want to check out his profile and follow more of his posts . . .

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The OP or broach of subject is not mine, but northwye has been giving many references to this subject the past few weeks.

You might want to check out his profile and follow more of his posts . . .

OK

Danoh

Yes . . apologies. I threw out a generalized gauntlet, which sailed your way.

Sorry.

lol - count yourself blessed I've long since had the TOL "MADs" to gang on you for that one, where I'm concerned.

:rotfl:

Rom. 5:8

northwye

I posted this thread here because this is the forum which has focused on criticism and defense of dispensationalism the past few months and longer.

Since I post once in a while on the Politics forum I am aware that some of the dispensationalists who post a lot on ECT post pro-Leftist threads on the Politics forum and/or post pro-Left comments on the threads of others .And the dispensationalists from ECT when on the Politics forum use the same tactics of argument as on ECT.

There are some examples of the use of the dialectic in scripture, especially in Genesis 3: 1-6 and in John 8: 31-44. In both examples there is a dialogue going on and in both texts there is an anti-thesis being argued against the Truth, as the thesis. In John 8 Christ himself as the Truth is standing before the Pharisees who are using a dialectical argument against his Gospel which does not agree with their position. The Pharisees are stating their anti-thesis to Christ, that they are the physical descendants of Abraham (verse 33) and were never in bondage, so they do not need to be made free by Christ's Gospel. Christ finally tells them :"Ye are of your father the devil..."

Danoh

Problem with northwye's hypothesis is that it is one-sided.

Case in point...

Scholasticism is not so much a philosophy or a theology as a method of learning, as it places a strong emphasis on dialectical reasoning to extend knowledge by inference and to resolve contradictions. The Scholastic thought is also known for rigorous conceptual analysis and the careful drawing of distinctions. In the classroom and in writing, it often takes the form of explicit disputation; a topic drawn from the tradition is broached in the form of a question, opponents' responses are given, a counterproposal is argued and opponents' arguments rebutted. Because of its emphasis on rigorous dialectical method, scholasticism was eventually applied to many other fields of study.

As a program, scholasticism began as an attempt at harmonization on the part of medieval Christian thinkers, to harmonize the various authorities of their own tradition, and to reconcile Christian theology with classical and late antiquity philosophy, especially that of Aristotle but also of Neoplatonism.[3] (See also Christian apologetics.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scholasticism

Dialectic or dialectics (Greek: διαλεκτική, dialektikḗ), also known as the dialectical method, is a discourse between two or more people holding different points of view about a subject but wishing to establish the truth through reasoned arguments.

The term dialectic is not synonymous with the term debate. While in theory debaters are not necessarily emotionally invested in their point of view, in practice debaters frequently display an emotional commitment that may cloud rational judgment. Debates are won through a combination of persuading the opponent, proving one's argument correct, and proving the opponent's argument incorrect. Debates do not necessarily require promptly identifying a clear winner or loser; however, clear winners are frequently determined by a judge, a jury or group consensus. The term dialectics is also not synonymous with the term rhetoric, a method or art of discourse that seeks to persuade, inform, or motivate an audience.[1] Concepts, like "logos" or rational appeal, "pathos" or emotional appeal, and "ethos" or ethical appeal, are intentionally used by rhetoricians to persuade an audience.[2]

Socrates favoured truth as the highest value, proposing that it could be discovered through reason and logic in discussion: ergo, dialectic. Socrates valued rationality (appealing to logic, not emotion) as the proper means for persuasion, the discovery of truth, and the determinant for one's actions. To Socrates, truth, not aretē (moral virtue), was the greater good, and each person should, above all else, seek truth to guide one's life. Therefore, Socrates opposed the Sophists and their teaching of rhetoric as art and as emotional oratory requiring neither logic nor proof.[3] Different forms of dialectical reasoning have emerged throughout history from the Indosphere (Greater India) and the West (Europe). These forms include the Socratic method, Hindu, Buddhist, Medieval, Hegelian dialectics, Marxist, Talmudic, and Neo-orthodoxy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic

While the following is an article also worth reading...

A Dialectical Approach to the Bible

https://questians.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/a-dialectical-approach-to-the-bible/

Danoh

I posted this thread here because this is the forum which has focused on criticism and defense of dispensationalism the past few months and longer.

Since I post once in a while on the Politics forum I am aware that some of the dispensationalists who post a lot on ECT post pro-Leftist threads on the Politics forum and/or post pro-Left comments on the threads of others .And the dispensationalists from ECT when on the Politics forum use the same tactics of argument as on ECT.

There are some examples of the use of the dialectic in scripture, especially in Genesis 3: 1-6 and in John 8: 31-44. In both examples there is a dialogue going on and in both texts there is an anti-thesis being argued against the Truth, as the thesis. In John 8 Christ himself as the Truth is standing before the Pharisees who are using a dialectical argument against his Gospel which does not agree with their position. The Pharisees are stating their anti-thesis to Christ, that they are the physical descendants of Abraham (verse 33) and were never in bondage, so they do not need to be made free by Christ's Gospel. Christ finally tells them :"Ye are of your father the devil..."

Besides the fact of the Apostle Paul's heavy use of dialectic in Romans; the very foundation of Christian Doctrine, here's an additional fly in your ointment - the MADs who post over in the Politics forum are ever posting from what I refer to as their biased, "one size fits all" against most they view as Leftist Liberals.

And most of them, if not all, view me as the Leftist.

Because I tend to give all sides the benefit of the doubt, including your posts, northwye, where their witness resonates with me, Titus 1:13,14.

If that makes me a Leftist or a Liberal, or what have you, in the eyes of such, I am fine with that.

Which, of course, in the eyes of such an Extremist lens, makes me as suspect to such, as such apparantly are to you, from within your own equally obvious Extremist lens.

How's that for irony?

And no thanks, I'll stick to the Lord's middle ground on this giving benefit of the doubt issue through the words of the Apostle Paul's "neither Jew, nor Greek, neither circumcision, nor uncircumcision..." etc.

Lol - stick that in your "dialectic."

And nevertheless, Romans 5:8.

northwye

Why has the dialectic used by many dispensationalists on TOL become a game. Dean Gotcher in his writings, audios and videos on the dialectic does not see it as a method of arriving at the truth. He says just the opposite.

"The dialectic is man thinking through his feelings. This is the reason God flooded the world and will judge the world again. "And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man." (Luke 17:26) "

Gotcher in his discussion on the role of the facilitator in the encounter group movement says his or her object is to lead the group to a consensus by use of the dialectic. The group dialogues to consensus, which is the basis for the collectivist mentality of Communism. Find out what the Russian word Soviet means. "Soviet" means "Council". It refers to "councils of workers and peasants (or soldiers)", which started organizing in cities and villages in the early twentieth century in close cooperation with Russian Communist organizations." The Marxist facilitators of the Councils in the Old Soviet Union had the job of leading the small groups to whatever group consensus the Party wanted to create.

In Genesis 3 the "serpent" "was more subtle than any beast in the field," and he used the dialectic on Eve, saying in effect lets talk about you eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. "Lets have a dialog." "And come to a consensus."

See: http://www.libertygunrights.com/AlteringHumanSociety.pdf

"Known truths, standards, methods of conduct, and behavior are being altered for global
government control. The process of teaching known truths and replacing known truths with
disputes and argumentations is known as moving from being in a didactic state and going into a
dialectic state. It is worth restating: Didactic equals known truth. Dialectic equals disputes and argumentation. We are being converted from known truths (didactic) into the dialectic state, which is disputable, not stable, and the reverse of reality. It is being done for total management. What happens is that a "new model" or a "new direction" is substituted for what was formerly thought to be the correct direction in a particular field. This is not only happening in the field of education, it is being done in the operation of the general government. It is also used on citizen 'advisory committees' as they are being brought to a "consensus"."

"The dialectic process can be described as the merging of opposites. It ends up in a compromise
by using what is called a 'consensus'. In a given discussion, the 'consensus' stops objectors and
weakens wiser decisions and directions."

"The goals and Objectives of this dialectic technique is to:

Get rid of national sovereignty,
" " " feelings of nationalism,
" " " property rights,
" " " rights of parents who wish to raise their children according to their own standards, and to
" " " tried and true principles of human conduct."

The dialectic used by the dispensationalists on TOL has in many instances become a game because much of the dialogue offered by the dispensationalists is not substantive argument but is personal attacks, irrelevant comments, too brief comments to make sense, or inconsistent positions. Its a form of gaming.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
"The goals and Objectives of this dialectic technique is to:

Get rid of national sovereignty,
" " " feelings of nationalism,
" " " property rights,
" " " rights of parents who wish to raise their children according to their own standards, and to
" " " tried and true principles of human conduct."

This is really silly. Is your reason for all this to challenge the ownership of property?

Last edited:

Danoh

You're hopeless northwye - blinded by both your one size definition, and your "one size fits all."

In short, not only are you in a "dialectic" within your own narrow definition of the word, but in it with yourself.

There is...no reasoning with such.

Romans 5:8

northwye

If a user of the dialectic can get his opponent into a continued quarrel, the user of the dialectic can win the game in part because his opponent is often compromised in some way by a continued quarrel. This is another part of the dialectic as a game. Don't continue a quarrel with a dialectic using individual.

daqq

Illuminati Dialectic Zionism

wacky. :kookoo:

You are wacky. :kookoo:

What? You do not know what "food sacrificed to idols" and things strangled, throttled, or choked, pertain to? If you think such things pertain to carnal and physical eating and literal food for the belly then you have a bigger problem, (Acts 15:29 ASV, Acts 21:25 ASV, Mat 13:7, Mark 4:7, Mark 4:19, Mark 5:13 KJV, Luke 8:33 KJV, Rev 2:14 ASV, Rev 2:20 ASV).

Things strangled, throttled, or choked, (like the swine which the demons entered into, which were then choked out or strangled in the sea), those things pertain to doctrines of demons, (G4156 πνικτός, Acts 15:29, 21:25, which is from G4155 πνίγω, Mark 5:13, from which comes G638 ἀποπνίγω, Mat 13:7, Luke 8:33, and G4846 συμπνίγω, Mark 4:7, Mark 4:19). One of the primary ways of consuming "doctrines of demons" is by thinking that you can purchase knowledge and understanding of the Word for money, which is mammon, and therefore "books" for a price are tantamount to spiritual food having been sacrificed to the idols of mammon: for the authors of said books are after one thing, your hard earned Illuminati all-seeing-eye-of-Horus greenback dollar bills, money, which is mammon. And you consume spiritual food with your ears and especially your eyes, (not with your mouth). But of course such spiritual teachings of the Word are foolishness to those who are being choked out for allowing the Seed of the Word to be choked out of the soil of their own hearts: and that is by way of thistles, thorns, weeds, and in the similar analogy tares, which are all things that are symbolically portrayed as demons, even to the point of, "the cares of this world", because it really all pertains to doctrine and the understanding of The Doctrine by time spent in the Word as opposed to in the world.

Tobit 3:8 NJB (New Jerusalem Bible)
8 For she had been given in marriage seven times, and Asmodeus, the worst of demons, had killed her bridegrooms one after another before ever they had slept with her as man with wife. The servant-girl said, 'Yes, you kill your bridegrooms yourself. That makes seven already to whom you have been given, and you have not once been in luck yet.

http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?id=17&bible_chapter=3

Tobit 3:8 LXX (Brenton Translation)
8 Because that she had been married to seven husbands, whom Asmodeus the evil spirit had killed, before they had lain with her. Dost thou not know, said they, that thou hast strangled thine husbands? thou hast had already seven husbands, neither wast thou named after any of them.

Tobit 3:17 LXX (Brenton Translation)
17 And Raphael was sent to heal them both, that is, to scale away the whiteness of Tobit's eyes, and to give Sara the daughter of Raguel for a wife to Tobias the son of Tobit; and to bind Asmodeus the evil spirit; because she belonged to Tobias by right of inheritance. The selfsame time came Tobit home, and entered into his house, and Sara the daughter of Raguel came down from her upper chamber.

Tobit 8:3 NJB (New Jerusalem Bible)
3 The reek of the fish distressed the demon, who fled through the air to Egypt. Raphael pursued him there, shackled him and strangled him forthwith.

http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?id=17&bible_chapter=8

O Egypt, great of flesh! Cut them off, choke them out, before they choke the Seed of the Word from your heart like thistles, thorns, and weeds, and you end up with spiritual Asmodeus, oops, I mean Asthma, oh wait, essentially same thing in allegorical lingo. :chuckle:

northwye

I would not use "Illuminati" in describing dispensationalism. But I would very much like to know more about what John Coleman means in saying that one of the Goals of the Committee of 300 was "To continue to build up the cult of Christian Fundamentalism begun by the British East India Company's servant Darby, which will be misused to strengthen the Zionist State of Israel by identifying with the Jews through the myth of "God's chosen people", and by donating very substantial amounts of money to what they mistakenly believe is a religious cause in the furtherance of Christianity."

John Coleman also says another goal of the Committee of 300 is to "To engineer and bring about the destruction of religion, and more especially, the Christian Religion, with the one exception, their own creation, as mentioned above."

The Committee of 300 is or was a group at the top of the financial and corporate ruling elite, or the Anglo-American ruling elite.

The British East India Company was a British corporation which played a leading role in building England's colonial empire. John Coleman, who was a British Intelligence Agent, who became an American later on in his life, seemed to have some knowledge of British history and of John Darby, the father of dispensationalism, which he calls fundamentalism. And yes, it has been called fundamentalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4KfeEYHKsU

daqq

Everything mainstream is hijacked and juxtaposed toward the means and ends of the big game. On one side of the pond it is black -vs- white but on the other side of the pond the white is black and the black is white. And that is pretty much it: yin and yang, and that is why in the last several hundred years you see the Muslim interpretations of their own writings suddenly becoming hijacked also, (the so-called twelfth Imam coming forth from the well and what not, which are relatively new futurist-literalist interpretations of those writings also).

Illuminati West = Hijacked Biblical futurist dispensational apocalyptic writings and teachings: so that if and when they decide to literally bring it all to come to pass, they can blame it on your "God" when a third of the population of mankind is annihilated, (Rev 9), and yet "your God" still does not return like He supposedly said in His "prophecies", (according to the futurist literal physical interpretation).

Illuminati East = Islamic futurist apocalyptic interpretations of hijacked Islamic writings: but everything is reversed, black is white and white is black, in their world you and your "false religion" are "the great Satan" while their twelfth Imam is supposed to come and save the world.

As anyone may plainly see, the carnal minded literal physical global apocalypse model is the only one that will work for such a plan. This is not conspiracy theory stuff but rather the new world order people, (UN, etc), have been spouting their utopian dreams for a long time now, and they well know that there is only one way to bring about what they desire; however they do not want the blame for it when they themselves decide to trigger it, and that is where the modern false prophets of Biblical doom come in, (in Illuminati West that is, lol, in Illuminati East they are modern Islamic Imams, prophets, and terrorists of doom). Look at a dollar bill or a coin in your pocket: ask yourself who owns each side of the dollar bill or coinage? Does not one ultimate gubmint controller, printer, and minter, own the whole coin? The big game is nothing more than two sides of the one same coin, (and by the way the US Treasury is privately owned, lol).

Last edited:

northwye

Not only have the universities become institutions for the spread of forms of Marxism, but the public school system began to come under influence from Educational Psychologists who were allied with the Frankfurt School Marxism.

Educational Psychologist Benjamin Bloom's Taxonomy of educational objectives: The classification of educational goals. Handbook I: Cognitive domain, was published and went into effect in 1956. Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: Handbook II: Affective Domain, was published in 1965.

All public school teachers must be certified by their knowledge of the principles in Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives.

The question then is what is the philosophy or ideology behind Bloom's Educational Objectives?

Bloom writes that “We recognize the point of view that
truth and knowledge are only relative and that there are no hard and
fast truths which exist for all time and places.” (Benjamin Bloom, et
al., Taxonomy of Educational Objectives, Book 1, Cognitive Domain)

"In the eyes of the dialectical philosophy, nothing is established for
all time, nothing is absolute or sacred." (Karl Marx)

Bloom says "Members of the taxonomy group spent considerable time in
attempting to find a psychological theory which would provide a sound
basis for ordering the categories of the taxonomy. …consistent with
relevant and accepted psychological principles and theories.”
(Benjamin Bloom, et al., Taxonomy of Educational Objectives, Book 1,
Cognitive Domain)

Bloom has a footnote in his Affective Domain book, on
page 166, where he acknowledges the influence of Theodore W. Adorno
and Eric Fromm on the psychological theory, philosophy or ideology
contained in his two volumes, Educational Goal taxonomies. Book II
Affective Domain p. 166.

“1. Cf. Erich Fromm, 1941; T. W. Adorno et al., 1950” Benjamin Bloom,
Book II Affective Domain p. 166. This is Bloom's footnote
acknowledging the influence on his thinking from Erich Fromm and
Theodore W. Adorno. Adorno was an original Frankfurter Marxist who
posed as a personality and social psychologist in writing his 1950
book, The Authoritarian Personality, in which he claimed that the
authoritarian personality and fascism are caused by the family and
Christianity. Erich Fromm was a Transformational Marxist psychologist
and close associate of the Frankfurters.

Bloom writes that "The affective domain is, in retrospect, a virtual
‘Pandora’s Box. It is in this ‘box’ that the most influential
controls are to be found. The affective domain contains the forces
that determine the nature of an individual’s life and ultimately the
life of an entire people”

So, Benjamin S. Bloom was an important Transformational Marxist change
agent who had a great influence on the American educational system
after the fifties and sixties because he wrote the books by which all
teachers in the U.S.. are certified.
Feelings, emotions, and desires are emphasized by the Bloom system under
Transformational Marxism. Feelings are placed above truth and morality by these
Marxists and their psychologist allies. Not only did the ideas of Eric Fromm influence the Bloom system, but also the teachings of Carl R. Rogers - on putting feelings above cognitive ability - and the ideas of Abraham H, Maslow on self psychology and self-actualization.

Bloom's Taxonomies of Educational Goal Objectives changed American public school education, beginning in the late fifties. Those of us who finished high school before about 1958 or before about 1970 received a better education than those who finished after 1970 or even after 1958. Students who went though the public school system earlier than 1970 got a better education in math and in reading and writing skills, for example.

The Bloom Taxonomies began to shift the emphasis of public school education from the teaching of facts in a didactic way toward an emphasis upon feelings and the dialoguing of opinions. Under the Bloom system the classroom curriculum is focused toward changing the students, and moving their beliefs and attitudes away from those of their parents, to change the American culture.

“The individual accepts the new system of values and beliefs by
accepting belongingness to the group.” Kurt Lewin in Kenneth Benne
Human Relations in Curriculum Change

Last edited:

Danoh

If a user of the dialectic can get his opponent into a continued quarrel, the user of the dialectic can win the game in part because his opponent is often compromised in some way by a continued quarrel. This is another part of the dialectic as a game. Don't continue a quarrel with a dialectic using individual.

You've described the exact tactic repeatedly used by your false idol, Donald Trump, against other members of the GOP vying for the Presidency, back when they were debating one another.

The lower Trump would stoop in his attacks against each of them, the more pressed each found himself to have to try not stoop to Trump's level, less each compromise himself as being no better than your false, loudmouth idol, northwye.

Who on here found "Trump speaks to me" throughout his "dialectic" as narrowly defined by you in your obvious self-righteous nonsense?

You, and your kind, on here, northwye - regardless of each your supposed theology and or moral high ground.

Dress up your nonsense with all the bells and whistles you need to, northwye; your self-deception is crystal clear to this Dispy.

Rom. 5:8

Interplanner

"Nothing is fixed as fact..." That's why 1900 years later, a group like D'ism can come along and create a new RT to 'replace' Gal 3:17's categories.

Or why the Seed, which is Christ, has been replaced by the descendants of Israel.