Sons Of God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel1611

Nebuchadnezzar saw someone like the Son of God. Was that an angel?

Nebuchadnezzar's buddy that gave this description was a pagan giving a description. When then Bible used the term "sons of God" in the OT, it always refers to the angelic host. It never refers to humans. The sons of God took wives and bred the Nephilim. They were human/angel hybrids. This is the ancient interpretation, and the obvious one. It is confirmed by extra Biblical texts like the Book of Enoch.

CherubRam

Nebuchadnezzar saw someone like the Son of God. Was that an angel?

Nebuchadnezzar's buddy that gave this description was a pagan giving a description. When then Bible used the term "sons of God" in the OT, it always refers to the angelic host. It never refers to humans. The sons of God took wives and bred the Nephilim. They were human/angel hybrids. This is the ancient interpretation, and the obvious one. It is confirmed by extra Biblical texts like the Book of Enoch.
You should not be teaching what the bible says.
Angels
Colossians 2:18

Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of (angels / messengers) disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.

Hebrews 12:22
But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of (angels / messengers) in joyful assembly,

Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to (angels / messengers) without knowing it.

OCTOBER23

TRUSTER DOES NOT KNOW HIS BIBLE.

All who will inherit life immortal will be gods.

Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
---------------------------------------

THIS IS THE PURPOSE FOR WHY JESUS CAME TO THE EARTH

WE ARE HEIRS AND CO-HEIRS OF THE UNIVERSAL KINGDOM OF GOD.

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;

if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Psalms 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness:

I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
-------------------------------------

THAT IS WHY SATAN HATES US SO MUCH AND WANTS US DESTROYED

BECAUSE GOD HAS MADE US GODS AND RULERS OF THE UNIVERSE

INSTEAD OF SATAN , WHO TRIED TO TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE BY KILLING JESUS

DURING THE FIRST UNIVERSAL WAR AND JESUS LET HIM AS A HUMAN BEING AND

NOW JESUS IS GOING TO DESTROY SATAN'S POWER AFTER THE NEXT HEAVENLY WAR.
====================================================

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
When then Bible used the term "sons of God" in the OT, it always refers to the angelic host. It never refers to humans.

Enos, Seth, Adam, God. (Luke 3:38)

What kind of angels were Enos, Seth, and Adam? Was God their father?

Daniel1611

Enos, Seth, Adam, God. (Luke 3:38)

What kind of angels were Enos, Seth, and Adam? Was God their father?

"Sons of God" is used to refer to angelic beings in every other occurrence of the term in the OT.

There are other problems with the assertion that the sons of God in Gen 6 were men.

1. Why are there sons of God an daughters of me? Shouldn't they just all be sons and daughters of God?

2. Why were the offspring of the Sons of God and daughters of men giants or men with great abilities? Shouldn't they just have been regular people?

3. Why did God never, in any instance, show any mercy to any of the Nephilim?

This view just doesn't make sense, whereas the ancient and obvious interpretation as the sons of God as angelic beings makes perfect sense.

CherubRam

The Bible uses the terms מלאך אלהים (melakh Elohiym; messenger of God), מלאך יהוה (melakh Adonai; messenger of the Lord), בני אלוהים (b'nai Elohiym; sons of God) and הקודשים (ha-qodeshim; the holy ones) to refer to beings traditionally interpreted as angels. The word "angel" in English (from Old English and German Engel), French (from Old French angele), Spanish, and many other Romance languages are derived from the Latin angelus, itself derived from Koine Greek: άγγελος, angelos, "messenger" (pl. άγγελοι)

iamaberean

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
The men that God had created prior to Adam begin to multiply on earth.

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Then Adam’s sons, begin to venture outside of the garden, saw the daughters of men and were attracted to them.

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
There were giants (bullies) in the earth and when the daughters of men bare children to the son’s of God, they begin to be esteemed by other men (bullies).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Hebrew word melakh means "messenger." Melakh never means angel.

Strong's defines malak this way:

H4397

מלאך
mal'âk
mal-awk'
From an unused root meaning to despatch as a deputy; a messenger; specifically of God, that is, an angel (also a prophet, priest or teacher): - ambassador, angel, king, messenger.

CherubRam

Strong's defines malak this way:

H4397

מלאך
mal'âk
mal-awk'
From an unused root meaning to despatch as a deputy; a messenger; specifically of God, that is, an angel (also a prophet, priest or teacher): - ambassador, angel, king, messenger.

The Strong's is in error as for the word meaning anything but messenger. However, it is true the word is used in our scriptures for other INTERPRETATIONS. The correct TRANSLATION is "messenger."

OCTOBER23

CHERUBGUY, said,

All who will inherit life immortal will be gods.
---------------------------------------------
I have been saying this for the past 8 years on this Forum.

YE ARE GODS , SONS OF THE MOST HIGH

HEIRS WITH GOD AND CO-HEIRS WITH CHRIST

CherubRam

Doesn't the Greek word used in this case, Angelos mean 'messenger'?

If the word was translated as "messenger" into English it would be no problem. The word also carries the idea in Pagan mythology of a supernatural being. The bible supports the belief of a messenger man on earth or from heaven, but not Pagan mythologies. A human or person from heaven, yes. But not a god like creature with real wings. The number of wings ,of biblical messengers, is parabolic of status. In other words, the messengers do not really have wings. God like creatures with wings is from Pagan mythologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.