ECT So much for the purposely distorted . . .

Cross Reference

. . interpretation of Romans 3:10:

"Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise. For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth. He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD." Psalm 33:1-5 (KJV)

I will venture to trust the honest to note this was also written by David . . .the same David Paul quoted when writing Romans 3:10.

Common sense should carry the day in this.

nikolai_42

"Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise. For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth. He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD." Psalm 33:1-5 (KJV)

I will venture to trust the honest to note this was also written by David . . .the same David Paul quoted when writing Romans 3:10.

In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.
Jeremiah 23:6

Reactions: Lon

nikolai_42

"In that day". When WAS that day or is it yet to come?

So He is only some people's righteousness?

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah 64:6

Cross Reference

So He is only some people's righteousness?

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah 64:6

Answer my question or go down the road.

nikolai_42

Answer my question or go down the road.

Implicit in the answer is the fact that I don't see it matters when that day was, is or will be. Abraham's faith was forward looking (John 8:56 and Galatians 3:8). So when Paul says this :

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:21-22

I see Hebrews 11 testifying to the many that believed that for which they could not see nor understand. It really was all about Jesus after all...

Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

I Peter 1:9-12

So you see, no one's real and acceptable righteousness is of themselves.

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

I Corinthians 1:30-31

Cross Reference

On topic:

"From the place of his habitation he [God] looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth. He [God] *fashioned their hearts alike; He [God] considered all their works." Psalm 33:14-15 (KJV)

*enabling them to receive from Him. But the rebelliousness of the people under the rulership of David, was that which David recorded and which Paul quoted to make his point when referencing the condition of mans fallen nature: "No one understands [no one intelligently discerns or comprehends]; no one seeks out God. All have turned aside; together they have gone wrong and have become unprofitable and worthless; no one does right, not even one!
Romans 3:11-12 (AMP)

Read this carefully to see that God does NOT give man anything aside from his already received, by the blowing into his nostrils the, "Breath of Life". That's it! Proof? God's remark to Cain: "If you do well, will you not accepted" . . . . . *you must master[your futile disposition]? Gen. 4:7

*[Emphasis mine]

nikolai_42

On topic:

"From the place of his habitation he [God] looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth. He [God] *fashioned their hearts alike; He [God] considered all their works." Psalm 33:14-15 (KJV)

*enabling them to receive from Him. But the rebelliousness of the people under the rulership of David, was that which David recorded and which Paul quoted to make his point when referencing the condition of mans fallen nature: "No one understands [no one intelligently discerns or comprehends]; no one seeks out God. All have turned aside; together they have gone wrong and have become unprofitable and worthless; no one does right, not even one!
Romans 3:11-12 (AMP)

Read this carefully to see that God does NOT give man anything aside from his already received, by the blowing into his nostrils the, "Breath of Life". That's it! Proof? God's remark to Cain: "If you do well, will you not accepted" . . . . . *you must master[your futile disposition]? Gen. 4:7

*[Emphasis mine]

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
I Corinthians 8:6

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:17-18

And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.
For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

I Corinthians 4:6-7

Surely, if our righteousness was NOT received, then we have whereof to glory (once again...I Cor 1:30-31)

glorydaz

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
I Corinthians 8:6

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:17-18

And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.
For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

I Corinthians 4:6-7

Surely, if our righteousness was NOT received, then we have whereof to glory (once again...I Cor 1:30-31)

Men have no "righteousness" in themselves.....as you say, it's always received from God when He calls us righteous. He attributes righteousness to us. He counts us as righteous. Just as He did with Job, David, and every other "righteous man" that was recorded in the Bible. All men fall short of the glory of God and HIS righteousness.

Cross Reference

Men have no "righteousness" in themselves.....as you say, it's always received from God when He calls us righteous. He attributes righteousness to us. He counts us as righteous. Just as He did with Job, David, and every other "righteous man" that was recorded in the Bible. All men fall short of the glory of God and HIS righteousness.

That is Not what the scriptures you say you adhere to, have to say about all that? How come you want to ignore that?

nikolai_42

That is Not what the scriptures you say you adhere to, have to say about all that? How come you want to ignore that?

We have a righteousness ourselves....but it is insufficient....

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Philippians 3:8-10

Cross Reference

We have a righteousness ourselves....but it is insufficient....

The righteousness of man is insufficient for canceling out the penalty of Adam's transgression; the brokenness that separates man's human spirit with God's Holy Spirit permitting man access directly to the Throne of God.. In that, you are correct. Jesus paid the price for the repair work to begin in the heart of man on an individual basis.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

The same David who committed adultery and foul murder.

nikolai_42

The righteousness of man is insufficient for canceling out the penalty of Adam's transgression; the brokenness that separates man's human spirit with God's Holy Spirit permitting man access directly to the Throne of God.. In that, you are correct. Jesus paid the price for the repair work to begin in the heart of man on an individual basis.

Did He pay to complete the work?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Did you make a point ? No, as usual

nikolai_42

What I stated was the complete work and the reason why.

Maybe I'm too focused in on what you said in that one post and missing the bigger picture, but you said this {emphasis mine} :

Cross Reference said:

So if you can explain what you mean that you stated the complete work (and the reason why)...it might help me out.