Snow blower in the kitchen

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My wife's aunt and uncle moved to Tennessee so we inherited their snow blower. The engine doesn't want to start in the cold and my garage is not heated so. There is a snow blower in my kitchen.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
My wife's aunt and uncle moved to Tennessee so we inherited their snow blower. The engine doesn't want to start in the cold and my garage is not heated so. There is a snow blower in my kitchen.

Are ya' gonna' bring some snow in?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Better than a gas generator in the living room . . . ;)

JosephR

If its an OHV the most common problem is valve clearance. The valves get too loose and make the compression release inoperative. If it is an OHV model, set your valves and you problem should be solved.

Im not a mechanic but a mechanic on google said this.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You could sit on it to warm it up :eek:

My hope is that after it warms up and runs a while it will be easier to start next time. If not I may try building a small enclose for the engine and put a heating pad in it for a few hours before I need to start it.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If its an OHV the most common problem is valve clearance. The valves get too loose and make the compression release inoperative. If it is an OHV model, set your valves and you problem should be solved.

Im not a mechanic but a mechanic on google said this.

No idea. I can't even find a book for this model online :idunno: I got it warmed up enough to get it started yesterday but it was dark before I got that done so I didn't run it for more than 30 seconds because we were inside. It is essentially brand new so I think it will be OK once I run it a while. I sure am glad it has a plug in electric start!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No idea. I can't even find a book for this model online :idunno: I got it warmed up enough to get it started yesterday but it was dark before I got that done so I didn't run it for more than 30 seconds because we were inside. It is essentially brad new so I think it will be OK once I run it a while. I sure am glad it has a plug in electric start!

Yeah, that is a real plus!

Seriously, I hope you get your implement goin' for ya'!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They moved to TN because the company he has worked for for over 25 years moved the engineering dept. to TN. It was that or look for work.

alwight

I've always noticed that snow seems to blow around anyway all by itself without any mechanical help. :think:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
They moved to TN because the company he has worked for for over 25 years moved the engineering dept. to TN. It was that or look for work.

I'm happy that he's kept his same job for so long. That used to be common.

Yay! More industry in Tennessee!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've always noticed that snow seems to blow around anyway all by itself without any mechanical help. :think:
I agree with that, but Mrs Delmar likes it to blow off the driveway for some reason.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One of my daughters brought new calves into her kitchen one bitter cold winter. That was a life saving mess.
When I was still on the farm we had a heated maternity box stall so we never had to do that.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Never a dull moment with you, Delmar!