sin/sins is not the issue today!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm a simple man. I simply believe that the written word of God (The Bible)
is truly, God inspired. Don't you believe that God knew that skeptics like
A7 would be around through the centuries? God has preserved His Holy
Bible and His Grace Gospel for today and beyond. One either accepts the
Bible as being Holy, inspired of God, truthful, honest, and totally competent,
or not. I heard the Grace Message in 1962 at 12 years old and I still at,
65 believe the Bible and The Grace Message to be the inspired word of the
Holy God. We live in, what Paul calls "The Dispensation of Grace." The
Grace Message is God's, ONLY Message to us today and in the future as
well as Paul's time. Get on board or wait for the judgment!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Believe God's Message or reject it. Believing, you receive eternal life, rejecting
it, you'll await the Judgement seat of God, be judged by your works and
cast into the "Lake of Fire. There's no other simple way of saying it.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The Bible is a God inspired Book. So, when you blame Matthew or
any other writer for taking things out of context, you're blaming
God as well. You're a "braver man than I" to create an argument
against He who inspired the Bible!
I am sorry if I used the word "blame" on poor Matthew. I should have rightly claimed we have Matthew to thank for the faux prophecies of Jesus' appearance.

Since the savior was supposed to be from Bethlehem, have you noticed how both Matthew and Luke strive to reveal this mythic truth even though they are both contradictory?

This is the way of all sacred literature, however. We must look to its eternal truths and not get bogged down in literalism or historical claims.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
is truly, God inspired. Don't you believe that God knew that skeptics like
A7 would be around through the centuries? God has preserved His Holy
Bible and His Grace Gospel for today and beyond. One either accepts the
Bible as being Holy, inspired of God, truthful, honest, and totally competent,
or not. I heard the Grace Message in 1962 at 12 years old and I still at,
65 believe the Bible and The Grace Message to be the inspired word of the
Holy God. We live in, what Paul calls "The Dispensation of Grace." The
Grace Message is God's, ONLY Message to us today and in the future as
well as Paul's time. Get on board or wait for the judgment!
It is not skepticism that looks to the pure, historical kernel that lies behind every theological truth of the Bible.

And if your definition of Grace needs requirements to make it so, then you are talking about something but it is certainly not Grace.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It takes a truly, fearless man to go against the, written word of God Himself. A
task I wouldn't wish to take.
What is it about "Love your enemies" that has believers like you get their shorts in a wad?

Jesus either said it or he didn't.

You can't have it both ways.

And THAT'S a Word from the Lord. Don't discount it, no matter how fearless you might feel.

Jerry Shugart

Peter told the people in Acts 2 to DO something.

Yes, he told them to be baptized with water after they were saved. None could be baptized with water unless they first believed:

"And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God" (Acts 8:36-37).​

Before they were baptized they had already believed and were already saved:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

This is so simple but it is way over your meager understanding.

Jerry Shugart

I agree with Jerry in this. Because Jesus was who He was He could direct men to believe in Him. Because His word is the Father's He can guarantee eternal life to all on that condition alone. I do not see him promising ANYone that they could inherit eternal life by doing good deeds. He does not say believe in me then go and do good works and afterward you shall have eternal life. Paul said "by the works of the law shall NO ONE be justified" That includes Jews and Gentiles. Very often what he did was use the requirements of the law to show men the impossibility of being "good enough" Once they began to see that He would tell them to believe and surrender themselves to Him. Jesus Himself was the ONLY way TO the Father, THE Truth ABOUT the Father and the Life OF the father. Doing the works of the Law never brought people past the veil to God, nor did it show men the father, nor did keeping the commandments give life. That is why the Son came.

EXACTLY!

The words of the Lord Jesus spoken at John 5:24 to the Jews who lived under the law cannot be misunderstood. Those who believed received eternal life and will not be judged.

However, those in the Neo-MAD camp refuse to believe those words spoken by the Lord and Savior because they put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than they do in what the Scriptures actually say.

Their final authority is not the Bible but instead the teachers within the Neo-MAD community.

So sad!

Jerry Shugart

[Given this complexity and diversity what one might mean by calling Jesus the "Son of God" could range from an affirmation of Jesus as God's favored choice as Israel's anointed king, to ideas of a preexistent Divine being who is born of a woman with no human father, and thus "becomes flesh" (Incarnation), with ranges of views in between. But not to dodge the question, my own view is that he was an apocalyptic proclaimer of the Kingdom of God who went to his death with faith in God's promise to redeem Israel and the world.

When the Jews used the term "son of....." in many instances it was used to describe the nature and character of a person. For instance, when Paul denounced Elymas as the son of the devil he was describing his nature and character:

"...and said, “You who are full of all deceit and fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease to make crooked the straight ways of the Lord?" (Acts 13:10).​

When the Lord Jesus said that God is His Father and that He is the Son of God the Jews understood Him to be claiming to be God:

"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God" (Jn.5:18).​

PureX

If you at this moment are an unbeliever, the only thing stopping you from being saved is your unbelief because even though the righteousness of God (the standard for heaven) is available UNTO YOU by the faith of Jesus Christ, it is not UPON YOU until that moment in your life when you trust the Lord believing Christ died for your sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Trust the Lord for salvation and the righteousness of God will be imputed to you (Romans 3:21-22 KJV, Romans 4:23-25 KJV).

Now, THAT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^is the "nicest thing you can say to a homo"!
I think it's heartbreaking that religious Christianity has become so perverted by authoritarianism that it's practitioners actually preach that believing whatever they say is the only way God will accept a person into his presence.

The more you people talk, the further away from you I want to be.

Jerry Shugart

is truly, God inspired.

Then why do you refuse to believe what is written here?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Those words of the Lord Jesus were addressed to the Jews who lived under the law. And He made it plain that "faith" was the sole requirement for them to be saved.

But you do not believe His words because you continue to insist that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

You pick and choose which verses from the Bible you will believe and which ones you will reject.

Zeke

EXACTLY!

The words of the Lord Jesus spoken at John 5:24 to the Jews who lived under the law cannot be misunderstood. Those who believed received eternal life and will not be judged.

However, those in the Neo-MAD camp refuse to believe those words spoken by the Lord and Savior because they put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than they do in what the Scriptures actually say.

Their final authority is not the Bible but instead the teachers within the Neo-MAD community.

So sad!

Yet where is that spirit sent? Galatians 4:6. The mystery of Christ within not a physical idol made of flesh and blood.

Zeke

So if those born of the spirit are like Isaac Galatians 4:28, then that birth isn't about being born of a flesh and blood women like tradition wants you to believe, that birth takes place within man just like the ones being wrote to by Paul, Galatians 3:7 are not those born of the woman of flesh under the law, the divine seed comes through the red sea of natural birth along with the first born who experience the law of bondage while in flesh, who only escape that bondage latter after the trails and tribulations that end that covenant of spiritual birth pains of the Divine seed within them/us.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Then why do you refuse to believe what is written here?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Those words of the Lord Jesus were addressed to the Jews who lived under the law. And He made it plain that "faith" was the sole requirement for them to be saved.

But you do not believe His words because you continue to insist that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

You pick and choose which verses from the Bible you will believe and which ones you will reject.

No. It's just that you don't have the ability to, "Rightly Divide"
the word of God. (The Holy Bible) Your ignorance is beyond the
pale. Unfortunately, you lack the skill to do so. Yet, you still
continue to 'pretend' to know everything. You poor disillusioned
man.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I think it's heartbreaking that religious Christianity has become so perverted by authoritarianism that it's practitioners actually preach that believing whatever they say is the only way God will accept a person into his presence.

The more you people talk, the further away from you I want to be.

Then, why not journey to the Himalayas and live among the Tibetan
Monks. However, they lack a decent Internet hook up.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
How is it erroneous?
Aren't the terms both spelled differently?

Are you just following me around to bug me? I have a healthy set of boundaries and do not suffer online fools gladly.

You silly "character" I've been posting on this thread for awhile.
How is that, "following you around?" Place me on ignore if you
can't handle the reality of it all? Perhaps, you're too emotionally
weak to withstand a conversation with someone like me?

You have my sympathy.