Should Women Be Beaten?

Arthur Brain

Your patronizing tone is abusive in and of itself. No thinking woman who posts on this site takes you seriously.

Or man for that matter. Don't forget that this pratt's on record as admitting his ex wife used to come off the worse during *physical confrontations*. The only reason he'll have even started this thread would be to get a rise out of people...

Christian Liberty

Then you tell me what a limited or rare reason would be for a man to beat a woman. I'm very interested to see what you say.

I don't believe you're qualified to teach ethics based on your TOL posting history alone.

Members of the Roman Catholic Church STATE are utterly and totally unqualified to teach ethics, period. Sound ethics come from the Bible ALONE.

bybee

Or man for that matter. Don't forget that this pratt's on record as admitting his ex wife used to come off the worse during *physical confrontations*. The only reason he'll have even started this thread would be to get a rise out of people...

Believe me I have not forgotten that statement of his!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Like Ray Charles teaching a painting class...

:dunce:

Or a non heroine addict teaching a class about the dangers of being a heroine addict.

Trad isn't qualified to teach anything because he is stupid and is politically motivated to advance social causes. As you lefties would call it.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
we've had consensus here and there that there are actions that some men take that deserve a sound thrashing - the upskirts in massachusetts thread comes to mind, and just about any thread that veers into pedophilia or spousal abuse territory

what specific actions would justify corporal punishment of women by their husbands?

Every day, twice on Sundays?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
In Samoa there was a guy that would get drunk often and beat his wife. Her brothers warned her husband to quit abusing their sister but the beatings continued. One day her brothers took that guy, held him down and crushed his hands from his wrists to his elbows with a sledge hammer. Today that guy walks around crippled, still married to their sister.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In Samoa there was a guy that would get drunk often and beat his wife. Her brothers warned her husband to quit abusing their sister but the beatings continued. One day her brothers took that guy, held him down and crushed his hands from his wrists to his elbows with a sledge hammer. Today that guy walks around crippled, still married to their sister.

I love happy endings. :)

PureX

1. St. Paul said that the Mosaic Law was good and holy (Romans 7:12). If you're a Christian, you can't disregard the Old Testament, and neither can you disregard the Old Law (though you are not bound to the juridicial and ceremonial precepts). You must grant the justice of these commandments, since they come from a God who is Justice Itself.
As a Christian I am governed by the spirit of Christ: love, forgiveness, kindness, generosity, etc., not Jewish religious laws. So my take on the OT commandments is that they are relevant to the extent that they reflect the spirit of Christ. Otherwise they are a Jewish matter.

Nothing Paul wrote changes that for me.
2. You dodged my question about Hell. How can you explain everlasting punishment solely in terms of "pragmatic" considerations?
Being human, I have no idea what is "everlasting" and what isn't. Being human, I do not have the capacity to see into the hearts and minds of other people clearly enough to assess their guilt or determine a just punishment. So all I can do is deal with them as reasonably and pragmatically as I'm able. I think of it as something akin to 'triage'.

staind.raindrop

we've had consensus here and there that there are actions that some men take that deserve a sound thrashing - the upskirts in massachusetts thread comes to mind, and just about any thread that veers into pedophilia or spousal abuse territory

what specific actions would justify corporal punishment of women by their husbands?

Idk what you're insinuating here, that because men should be beaten, women should too? Or that because women shouldn't be beaten, men shouldn't either?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

None. A wife is not their child.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
then i suppose you all will disagree that there are things that some men do that deserve a thrashing?

yes but not by their wives, and your op example is about men doing things outside of the marriage then switches to men spanking their wives as a form of punishment since that is what corporal punishment is.

Would you like a spanking for failing to take out the trash?

lifeisgood

Are you asking permission to beat the heck out of your wife?
or your daughter?
or your girlfriend?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
wow!

this thread is on the verge of becoming relevant! :banana:

not sure how much time i can spend on it - i have a monster lab practical on wednesday that should command all my attention

but...

a.aaa-Ill-be..back.jpg