Should we just let this go?

musterion

The point is, only whites are capable of racism. That being an axiom of the Left, it stands to reason it doesn't matter where something like this takes place or who does it. If they're not white, they're a minority. If they're a minority, it can't be racist. Therefore, this commercial is not racist.

rexlunae

The point is, only whites are capable of racism. That being an axiom of the Left, it stands to reason it doesn't matter where something like this takes place or who does it. If they're not white, they're a minority. If they're a minority, it can't be racist. Therefore, this commercial is not racist.

Show me one person "of the Left" who agrees with any of that.

shagster01

Are you calling ok doser and Patrick Jane liberals? Because they are the ones here who think it's fine.

musterion

Show me one person "of the Left" who agrees with any of that.

The Left has carefully defined racism as the outflow of the institutional power historically held by whites. Given that definition, since minorities tend to not hold that institutional power to the degree whites do, they are incapable of being the racists that (purportedly) comes naturally to whites just by virtue of their being white.

Don't play dumb, you know how the argument goes.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
People don't care one bit about what and what isn't racist over in the East- they don't share the same racial sensitivity as over here.

In fact, I find it a bit humorous that there was ever controversy over this commercial because it's a dime a dozen- there's so much stuff over there that border on 'racism' that it's like picking a grain out of a sand dune to scrutinize this commercial. It's just those weak minded in the West doing what they do best :rolleyes:

ClimateSanity

People don't care one bit about what and what isn't racist over in the East- they don't share the same racial sensitivity as over here.

In fact, I find it a bit humorous that there was ever controversy over this commercial because it's a dime a dozen- there's so much stuff over there that border on 'racism' that it's like picking a grain out of a sand dune to scrutinize this commercial. It's just those weak minded in the West doing what they do best :rolleyes:

I agree 100%. Racism or looking at other groups that we don't belong to with suspicion or derision, is an inborn trait IMHO. It's what we do with that instinct that matters. However,thinking one group deserves protection from racism especially white racism over and above racism from other groups because of white privilege or some such nonsense is not helpful and actually keeps wounds open and sore.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Anyone remember this story?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...oy-company-over-Nazi-doll-called-Bastian.html

Bastian Schweinsteiger is suing a Chinese toy-maker for producing a Nazi doll called 'Bastian'.
The toys, which are due for European release this week, depict a Wehrmacht soldier, complete with Nazi insignia on the soldier's hat.
The Manchester United midfielder is understood to have contacted his lawyers regarding the dolls, which bear an undeniable likeness to the German international.

"The figure is based on a typical German. We believe most Germans look like this. Bastian is a common name in Germany," he added.

So all Germans look alike. :chuckle:

rexlunae

The Left has carefully defined racism as the outflow of the institutional power historically held by whites. Given that definition, since minorities tend to not hold that institutional power to the degree whites do, they are incapable of being the racists that (purportedly) comes naturally to whites just by virtue of their being white.

Don't play dumb, you know how the argument goes.

While I appreciate the attempt at a more sophisticated argument, you should at least get it right if you're going to try to use it. For one thing, it isn't about whiteness at all. There are those who would suggest that you can't be racist from a disempowered position, but in China, Han Chinese people are in an empowered position. And aside from that, none of that justifies stigmatizing a less empowered group.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You know what I find unfortunate about many people who always scream 'racism'?

They demand that who they feel are superior make them less inferior.

Just think about that good and hard- racism is universally condemned by those who labor under white liberal guilt, but if there isn't a class or natural order of things, then how did minorities end up on the losing stick to begin with?

This is one of those things where people can't handle it, so they just start spouting their self-righteous platitudes all over the place.