ECT "Should we celebrate Christ's birth?"

musterion

Another perspective.

...in December millions of people the world over celebrate the birthday of a living lord they believe to be the head of the church, who holds supreme universal power over heaven and earth, the visible presence of god on earth, and who can forgive all sins.

No, I am not talking about Jesus. Don’t you know Jesus was not born in December?

I speak of Pope Frank whose birthday was celebrated by Catholics on December 17th.

Could you tell the difference between them based on the above description?

If you could not tell the difference, imagine the confusion perpetuated by Catholicism that criminally gives the Pope titles held by the Lord Jesus Christ alone, and mandates the religious observance of Christ’s birthday . . .

Many think giving Christ a birthday celebration is a great honor, but it actually lessens the honor he deserves by drawing attention away from His greater glory that comes through the preaching of the cross (1 Cor 1:24)...
http://graceambassadors.com/tradition/holydays/should-we-celebrate-christs-birth

OCTOBER23

JESUS WAS BORN THE FIRST OF NISAN IN BETHLEHEM (house of Bread)

AT NIGHT NEAR WHERE THE SACRIFICIAL LAMBS WERE BIRTHED

for the Passover Priests to SACRIFICE.

Last edited:

Truster

The Bible only records three birthdays being celebrated. Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar and finally Herod who delivered John the Baptist's head on a plate as part of the celebration.

The three men were heathen and we are warned not to do what the heathen do.

Messiah was born in August.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
waronchristmas2.JPG

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The Bible only records three birthdays being celebrated. Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar and finally Herod who delivered John the Baptist's head on a plate as part of the celebration.

The three men were heathen and we are warned not to do what the heathen do.

Messiah was born in August.

Scrooge...

waronchristmas2.jpg

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I celebrate my Saviour every day. I am sufficiently affluent to be generous and I am whenever I see a need. Not just in December.

:thumb:

Romans 14:5
One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.​

Truster

:thumb:

Romans 14:5
One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.​

That does not relate to heathen celebrations. They are not and can never be sacred.

OCTOBER23

Jeremiah 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain:

for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it

with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 They are upright .

Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil,

neither also is it in them to do good.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them,

I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Jeremiah 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain:

for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it

with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 They are upright .

Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil,

neither also is it in them to do good.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them,

I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
25 As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I myself am also a man.

It is hard to picture any pope doing this.

Nope, they soak up the adulation -

Last edited:

musterion

25 As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I myself am also a man.

It is hard to picture any pope doing this.

He'd make the guy kiss his ring first, then bid him rise.