Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Agape4Robin

Imrahil said:
So that if homosexuals were given the death penalty it would be because the laws were changed to make homosexuality a capital crime.
Passing a law making it "right" to execute homos doesn't make it right!:nono:

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:
Passing a law making it "right" to execute homos doesn't make it right!:nono:
That's true. How about if God says to execute homosexuals? Does that make it right?

Agape4Robin

Surr said:
What's your definition of tree hugger? One who does not hate people for that which they have no control over?
One such as yourself who professes to have morals and yet disreguard the very One who provided them.

No control???!!! Seriously........you really want to go there?:think:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:
That's true. How about if God says to execute homosexuals? Does that make it right?

First, you'd have to prove that God said such a thing. Secondly, you'd have to establish law based on that which is essentially a theocracy. That will never happen in the US as long as we have a Constitution that is still regarded and adhered to.

Of course, a case can be made that those days are long gone........

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
First, you'd have to prove that God said such a thing. Secondly, you'd have to establish law based on that which is essentially a theocracy. That will never happen in the US as long as we have a Constitution that is still regarded and adhered to.

Of course, a case can be made that those days are long gone........
Actually, homosexuality was a crime back when the Constitution was written so the Founders may have disagreed with you about that.

Agape4Robin

Imrahil said:
Actually, homosexuality was a crime back when the Constitution was written so the Founders may have disagreed with you about that.
Being a fag is not a capital crime....even the FF did not require death for them.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:

Not in the Constitution it isn't.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:
Originally, yes. Jefferson, when he was governor of Virginia, reduced it to castration.

It isn't punishable in the Constitution. States, on the other hand, have the right to different laws, as long as they are not unConstitutional.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
It isn't punishable in the Constitution. States, on the other hand, have the right to different laws, as long as they are not unConstitutional.
I'm not saying that it is punishable in the Constitution I'm saying that the Government should have righteous laws. Incidentally, Prior to 1962, homosexuality was a felony in every state.

Surr

One such as yourself who professes to have morals and yet disreguard the very One who provided them.

Morality and religion do not go hand in hand. Morality evolved in people before people created religion. Just look at other large-brained mammals. Studies have shown that they too can differentiate between right and wrong.

No control???!!! Seriously........you really want to go there?

Yes, I do. Explain yourself.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:
I'm not saying that it is punishable in the Constitution I'm saying that the Government should have righteous laws. Incidentally, Prior to 1962, homosexuality was a felony in every state.

I can think of worse things than being gay....well....not personally, but from the perspective of a judiciary.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:
So, your for theocracy then?:think:
Wait a minute, let's make a deal. I'll answer your question after you answer the ones I've already asked, ok?