Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
lovemeorhateme said:
Does the death penalty, part of the cultural and ceremonial law, still apply to us today?
Not for the parts of the law that were symbolic no, including crimes such as working on the Sabbath, but the death penalty itself is still applicable, yes.

lovemeorhateme

DocHoliday said:
I probably should mention this verse but...Leviticus 20:13

I just did.

As I said in my earlier response, the death penalty for homosexuality is part of Jewish ceremonial law, and does not apply today.

Greywolf

lovemeorhateme said:
Ok, now this is starting to get very worrying. Three people now say yes! :noid:

To be fair though, as DocHoliday was getting at earlier, some people's answer would change depending on whether you're talking about being attracted to members of the same sex or having sex with members of the same sex.

Personally, I don't think that either one should be a crime.

lovemeorhateme

Greywolf said:
To be fair though, as DocHoliday was getting at earlier, some people's answer would change depending on whether you're talking about being attracted to members of the same sex or having sex with members of the same sex.

Personally, I don't think that either one should be a crime.

I am talking more about them acting upon their feelings.

Greywolf

lovemeorhateme said:
I am talking more about them acting upon their feelings.

I know, but some people may have just read the poll options and interpreted it as meaning homosexual sex. Then again, maybe they didn't... :noid:

DocHoliday

lovemeorhateme said:
I just did.

As I said in my earlier response, the death penalty for homosexuality is part of Jewish ceremonial law, and does not apply today.

Yeah sorry my internet connects at 28.8 so a lot happens between my post that I don't know about.

Anyway I still don't get way your so bothered by people voting yes didn't you think someone would click it when you made the poll.

lovemeorhateme

DocHoliday said:
Yeah sorry my internet connects at 28.8 so a lot happens between my post that I don't know about.

Anyway I still don't get way your so bothered by people voting yes didn't you think someone would click it when you made the poll.

I was expecting it, but hoping not to get it.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
lovemeorhateme said:
Evidence?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Killing homos does not conform to US law. Simple as that.

[besides, I could never condemn someone to death just because they are gay, they will likely die soon enough]

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:

[besides, I could never condemn someone to death just because they are gay, they will likely die soon enough]
The death penalty implies that it is a legal execution does it not?

Agape4Robin

BillyBob said:

Good point........even for a red-neck........:BillyBob:

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
I'm not getting your point.
So that if homosexuals were given the death penalty it would be because the laws were changed to make homosexuality a capital crime.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:
So that if homosexuals were given the death penalty it would be because the laws were changed to make homosexuality a capital crime.

Yes, but you don't expect that happening in a free nation such as the US, do you? Killing gays would be something I'd expect from a theocratic Islamic nation, not a Constitutional Republic.

Surr

So, which parts of the Bible/Torah still apply today? The parts that you pick and choose?

Normal for normal people........perhaps not so much for tree huggers like yourself.

What's your definition of tree hugger? One who does not hate people for that which they have no control over?