Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Granite

Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
:BRAVO:

fellowship week in action.

No kidding.

TOL hasn't changed at all during this "special" week, for what I can see. Not that I particularly care... :cheers:

erinmarie

Granite said:
No kidding.

TOL hasn't changed at all during this "special" week, for what I can see. Not that I particularly care... :cheers:

It's not like you two are being especially 'tender' with Nineveh either. Or really in any of your other posts today.

You expect her to play by the Fellowship theme, but you don't have to?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
allsmiles said:
what happens sometimes. the repercussions you mention are a possibility, not an inevitablility. believe it or not, it's possible to be sexually active and responsible about it.

It could be possbile to stick your hand in a flame without getting 3rd degree burns, that's not the point. Especially where kids are one of those possibilities.

exactly, we both used each other.

duh.

she'll dictate what her own desires and responsibilities are Nineveh, not you, not some faceless tyrant government. you can't stand that people live their lives in freedom... it drives you up the wall.

Obviously you don't know what it is to be a parent.
Funny you bring up the government here. May who don't have husbans and fathers rely on the fed for support.

impossible, i have no diseases because i am sexually active and responsible at the same time :thumb:

Unless you are married, it's impsossible to use sex responsibly. As you admit above, it's called "used".

don't be so frantic Nineveh,...

Don't be so stupid, allsmiles :)

it's not broken, they're together and they plan on staying together. you're a liar.

Unless you are absolutely sure about that, that makes you a liar. They aren't bound together. They could "break up" or "go on hiatus" at any time it stikes them.

now that they know their resolve has been strengthened and they're doing a fantastic job of working through their problems.

I hope. Because babies don't solve problems.

i don't have diseases and i got no one pregnant,

yet.

actually what i've proven is that i am thoughtful and that's why i'm not a father and that's why i don't have any STDs.

No...that makes you lucky.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Granite said:
You're either missing the point or deliberately side stepping it.

When you fail to change the hearts of people, which is the real issue, you decide to force them to alter their behavior. Not the way they truly think or feel; you simply want their behavior to conform to your expectations. When folks didn't give up booze of their own volition the temperance movement stamped its collective foot and went to Uncle Sam.

Evangelicals seem to have given up, or simply care less and less, about truly altering the hearts of men and women; all you're really gunning for now is increased political power and the ability to enforce conformity.

Granite, there is no standard except "do what you want". That standard has lead to the epidemics we have now. See the connection?

On one hand it seems you want to blame the Church for not setting a standard, but even if we talk about the standard you find fault with it. : shrugs :

Granite

Hall of Fame
erinmarie said:
It's not like you two are being especially 'tender' with Nineveh either. Or really in any of your other posts today.

You expect her to play by the Fellowship theme, but you don't have to?

Oh? Example.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Granite, there is no standard except "do what you want". That standard has lead to the epidemics we have now. See the connection?

On one hand it seems you want to blame the Church for not setting a standard, but even if we talk about the standard you find fault with it. : shrugs :

Uh, what post are you responding to? Because it looks like you totally ignored mine.

Either we can try to have a discussion or keep on talking past each other, but you seem to be seeing what you want to see.

erinmarie

Granite said:
Oh? Example.

I've already sorted through the TOl drivel once this morning, you don't really expect me to go back and wade through it again, do you? You assuredly know that you're not really polite on here...the closest thing to it probably would be cheerful cynicism, with a touch of disdain thrown in for good measure. And I would definitely say that you also have no desire for fellowship, at least from what you type and submit.

allsmiles

Nineveh said:
It could be possbile to stick your hand in a flame without getting 3rd degree burns, that's not the point. Especially where kids are one of those possibilities.

fair enough. i never said that there aren't risks, but i'm willing to take them to fulfill my desires with a willing partner.

Obviously you don't know what it is to be a parent.
Funny you bring up the government here. Many who don't have husbans and fathers rely on the fed for support.

and how good of a job does the fed do?

Unless you are married, it's impsossible to use sex responsibly. As you admit above, it's called "used".

baseless assertion.

Unless you are absolutely sure about that, that makes you a liar. They aren't bound together. They could "break up" or "go on hiatus" at any time it stikes them.

sure and married couples break up all the time. the idea that rings and vows and peice of paper makes any difference is laughable. look at the divorce rate.

I hope. Because babies don't solve problems.

well, it ain't your responsibility anyway.

i know your life is all doom and gloom without strict parameters, but mine's fantastic, thank you :thumb:

No...that makes you lucky.

nope, and you're lying again.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
allsmiles said:
fair enough. i never said that there aren't risks, but i'm willing to take them to fulfill my desires with a willing partner.

That makes you irresponsible. :)

and how good of a job does the fed do?

It doesn't. But that's the alternative to a dad.

baseless assertion.

Hardly baseless, unless you want to ignore reality. But that's the attitude of irresponsible people who are willing to "take the risks" to get what they want regardless of the consequences of their actions.

sure and married couples break up all the time. the idea that rings and vows and peice of paper makes any difference is laughable. look at the divorce rate.

Married people don't just "break up". I wonder when you are going to start thinking outside of highschool.

well, it ain't your responsibility anyway.

All the other husbandless and fatherless people on welfare are. We all share the burden of irresponsible.

i know your life is all doom and gloom without strict parameters, but mine's fantastic, thank you :thumb:

Remember valtrex :)

nope, and you're lying again.

LOL you are the whopper king :) It's ok though allsmiles, ignore reality, play the odds.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
...anyway... enough of your irresponsible sex life allsmiles...

This thread is about homos...

Was there something you wanted to imply... err... I meant add to the topic...?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hey, at least he has one. Regarding the gay folk among us, ummm...

No, we shouldn't kill them. There. Things would be easier if people listened to me.

Kosh3

Nineveh said:
Yes. Would you like to answer it?

Yes - interesting. You believe that you are incurring gods wrath in your life because you don't want to follow gods law all the way. I mean - its one thing to say 'society' (in scare quotes) is the object of the wrath, but I guess you also have to acknowledge the fact that you personally will be held responsible as well, for all that you did not do personally. Of course it would probably be insane to actually try to follow all those laws, and would certainly get you placed on death row, and therefore for the best that few people but sociopaths actually try to institute biblical law in society in order for them to be blameless. So its a darn good thing you do - but, I imagine, also an uncomfortable one in many ways.

As for your question you asked to avoid answering mine - well its kind of irrelevant - but naturally of course I reject the idea that STD's, hurricanes, and earthquakes etc is god smiting the world for not executing adulterers and homosexuals. I mean, Fred Phelps disagrees with me of course, but I am quite happy about that frankly.

Real Sorceror

Granite said:
Hey, at least he has one. Regarding the gay folk among us, ummm...

No, we shouldn't kill them. There. Things would be easier if people listened to me.
Listen to the smoking dog, he is an infinite fount of knowledge!

Nazaroo

...just how long can you talk about homos anyway, without betraying some kind of unexplained obsession with them?

signed, curious, but not that curious.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Kosh3 said:
As for your question you asked to avoid answering mine ...

Rather... so I could finally get an answer... let's see if you did this time :)

- well its kind of irrelevant - but naturally of course I reject the idea that STD's, hurricanes, and earthquakes etc is god smiting the world for not executing adulterers and homosexuals. I mean, Fred Phelps disagrees with me of course, but I am quite happy about that frankly.

Odd... I asked if there were divisions in the Law or if all the laws were the same kind IE all priestly, all criminal, etc. Guess I'll wait to see if you will answer it next time...