Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

allsmiles

Nineveh said:
And there would be a lot less fatherless kids and disease. Unless we forgot what irresponsibility breeds, I guess we would learn responsiblity is better.

no, i don't think anyone would learn responsibility if it is forced on them. Americans don't like tyranny Nineveh and regulating their sex lives, no matter how good your intentions, is tyranny.

i've got a question:

the last girl i slept with was already pregnant.

who would she have to marry me or the father? and to give you some more details: neither of us were interested in long term relationships, we both understood it to be a fling. neither of us were used.

if she had to marry the father what would my penalty be?

EDIT: who is the victim in this scenario?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
allsmiles said:
no, i don't think anyone would learn responsibility if it is forced on them.

You make thinking about committing an act such a hard thing to do. People need to learn to think through the repercussions of their actions. That way "unintended" happens less.

Americans don't like tyranny Nineveh and regulating their sex lives, no matter how good your intentions, is tyranny.

So it's better to be irresponsible and run off to the abortuary or the dr. for some valtrex.

i've got a question:

the last girl i slept with was already pregnant.

who would she have to marry me or the father?

The father. The evidence you offer is that they thoughtlessly used each other before you showed up.

and to give you some more details: neither of us were interested in long term relationships, we both understood it to be a fling. neither of us were used.

You were both used, just too stupid to see it. YaY! for being irresponsible! Because, after all, using each other is only about getting what you want... who cares about the "unintended" consequences, that would be tyrannical. That kid growing up without a dad means nothing to you I'm sure.

if she had to marry the father what would my penalty be?

In reality, if they married and you had an affair with her, it's very likely he might have commited a "crime of passion" and shot you. Happens all the time. But then again, if he cared at all for the female he used, they would already be married and joyfully awaiting their baby.

EDIT: who is the victim in this scenario?

The baby.

It's sad woman think so little of themselves these days.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
No we can't. That's why the government has taken the place of fathers in this country...

If it were the law you were to marry the woman you use, then it would be quite foolish to use a woman you didn't want to be with. Which happens quite a bit these days.

But you still want the government to play a strong role here; you just happen to want the law changed to your liking.

Penalizing people for a moment of fun or stupidity is simply not merciful, and it simply wouldn't work in the long term.

allsmiles

Nineveh said:
You make thinking about committing an act such a hard thing to do. People need to learn to think through the repercussions of their actions. That way "unintended" happens less.

i agree that the need exists but we live in a free country where consenting adults may sleep with each other at will.

So it's better to be irresponsible and run off to the abortuary or the dr. for some valtrex.

not what i said at all, thanks for putting words in my mouth.

The father. The evidence you offer is that they thoughtlessly used each other before you showed up.

i don't know much about them before i showed up. i know they had been together for some years and they were on the rocks when i came around.

You were both used, just too stupid to see it. YaY! for being irresponsible!

okay, how were either of us irresponsible?

Because, after all, using each other is only about getting what you want... who cares about the "unintended" consequences, that would be tyrannical.

exactly, we wanted to have sex with one another and we accomplished that goal to both of our satisfaction. what unintended consequence are you talking about?

That kid growing up without a dad means nothing to you I'm sure.

how many calories do you burn when you jump to conclusions. she's back with the father.

In reality, if they married and you had an affair with her, it's very likely he might have commited a "crime of passion" and shot you. Happens all the time.

:rotfl: that's not reality, the reality is when she and her boy were on hiatus she slept with me because we wanted to have sex and now they're back together. in reality :rotfl: this quote is about as detached from reality as it gets.

But then again, if he cared at all for the female he used, they would already be married and joyfully awaiting their baby.

they're joyfully awaiting their baby without being married.

The baby.

how so?

It's sad woman think so little of themselves these days.

you think so little of women.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Granite said:
But you still want the government to play a strong role here; you just happen to want the law changed to your liking.

Actually I would rather the law reflect personal responsibility.

Penalizing people for a moment of fun or stupidity is simply not merciful, and it simply wouldn't work in the long term.

That "moment of fun or stupidity" that leads people to disease and some to death. I can't say I find your promotion of "no responsibility for consequence" much better. Especially where kids are concerned.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:

That "moment of fun or stupidity" that leads people to disease and some to death. I can't say I find your promotion of "no responsibility for consequence" much better. Especially where kids are concerned.

Not every bit of sex leads to disease, death, or pregnancy, and you know that. I don't think you believe adults are capable of acting like adults.

allsmiles

Nineveh said:

it's not the job of the government to mandate personal responsibility.

that's what happens in a free society, the alternative you suggest is tyranny. and i myself am not talking about kids and i'm sure Granite isn't either.

we're talking about consenting adults.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
allsmiles said:
i agree that the need exists but we live in a free country where consenting adults may sleep with each other at will.

And look what happens when we ignore the repercussions of actions. It's not good.

not what i said at all, thanks for putting words in my mouth.

That's the other side of the coin, like it or not.

i don't know much about them before i showed up. i know they had been together for some years and they were on the rocks when i came around.

Ew... you sleep with people you hardly know? : shiver :

okay, how were either of us irresponsible?

You both used each other. It's obvious from you above statement you didn't even take the time to know each other. Did you at least catch her name?

exactly, we wanted to have sex with one another and we accomplished that goal to both of our satisfaction. what unintended consequence are you talking about?

I guess you missed the part she was pregnant? Her responsibility is to that baby, not her libido. Out here in the real world you could have given her and her kid some disease, provided you know the last person you used a bit less than this one.

how many calories do you burn when you jump to conclusions. she's back with the father.

For how long? Until the next time?

:rotfl: that's not reality, the reality is when she and her boy were on hiatus she slept with me because we wanted to have sex and now they're back together. in reality :rotfl: this quote is about as detached from reality as it gets.

I guess you missed where I said "if they married". Married folks don't "break up" on a whim.

they're joyfully awaiting their baby without being married.

Oh goody! The baby gets brought to their broken home! Wonderful!

That kid has a dad until they "take another hiatus".

you think so little of women.

It's no me that uses pregnant women for sex, allsmiles, you do that.

It's truly amazing you outline your role in the epidemic that plagues this nation and you are proud of it. But I can see where you are coming from, as long as you got what you want... that's all that matters.

About the only thing you are proving in this convo is how thoughtless you are. But that's nothing new. Would you like a coke? :)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Granite said:
Not every bit of sex leads to disease, death, or pregnancy, and you know that. I don't think you believe adults are capable of acting like adults.

If adults were capable of acting like adults, they wouldn't misuse sex and we wouldn't have the epidemics we have now.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nin, I don't think your obsession with sex--especially when other people are doing it--is particularly healthy. It is, in fact, more than a little voyeuristic.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
allsmiles said:
it's not the job of the government to mandate personal responsibility.

Really? How about not murdering? Not raping...kidnapping. The law is all about keeping yourself in check.

that's what happens in a free society, the alternative you suggest is tyranny. and i myself am not talking about kids and i'm sure Granite isn't either.

While you would like to ignore the "unintended consequences", as most irresponsible people are prone to do, they exist.

we're talking about consenting adults.

Who often, through irresponsibility, create "unintended consequences".

How many more times around this mulberry bush?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Turning to the government for a solution is the last resort Christians have when the majority has rejected Christian mores.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Oh would you knock it off? I'm only following the flow of this thread.

As am I. There's more posts here of mine to respond to, natch.

Just the same, I think you got some issues.

Back to business! I promise.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Granite said:
Turning to the government for a solution is the last resort Christians have when the majority has rejected Christian mores.

No... we also get to pay for welfare to make up all the irresponsible dads. Go! Immorality! It works so well!

allsmiles

Nineveh said:
And look what happens when we ignore the repercussions of actions. It's not good.

what happens sometimes. the repercussions you mention are a possibility, not an inevitablility. believe it or not, it's possible to be sexually active and responsible about it.

That's the other side of the coin, like it or not.

not necessarily, and if you knew anything about me than you'd know i would never have an abortion.

Ew... you sleep with people you hardly know? : shiver :

we knew enough about each other and we were safe, thank you :)

You both used each other. It's obvious from you above statement you didn't even take the time to know each other. Did you at least catch her name?

exactly, we both used each other. and yes, i know her name, we're still friends :)

I guess you missed the part she was pregnant? Her responsibility is to that baby, not her libido.

she'll dictate what her own desires and responsibilities are Nineveh, not you, not some faceless tyrant government. you can't stand that people live their lives in freedom... it drives you up the wall.

Out here in the real world you could have given her and her kid some disease, provided you know the last person you used a bit less than this one.

impossible, i have no diseases because i am sexually active and responsible at the same time :thumb:

For how long? Until the next time?

don't be so frantic Nineveh, that we can control ourselves and you never could isn't my problem. your lack of self-control is your responsibility, don't project your weakness onto people who have control.

I guess you missed where I said "if they married". Married folks don't "break up" on a whim.

:yawn:

Oh goody! The baby gets brought to their broken home! Wonderful!

it's not broken, they're together and they plan on staying together. you're a liar.

That kid has a dad until they "take another hiatus".

"if" Nineveh. they didn't know she was pregnant when i slept with her. now that they know their resolve has been strengthened and they're doing a fantastic job of working through their problems.

It's no me that uses pregnant women for sex, allsmiles, you do that.

you said yourself that we used each other, i'm not guilty of anything that she isn't guilty of as well.

It's truly amazing you outline your role in the epidemic that plagues this nation and you are proud of it. But I can see where you are coming from, as long as you got what you want... that's all that matters.

i don't have diseases and i got no one pregnant, so how am i part of the problem of diseases and pregnancies? like i said before, simply because you have no self-control doesn't mean i or others don't.

About the only thing you are proving in this convo is how thoughtless you are. But that's nothing new. Would you like a coke? :)

actually what i've proven is that i am thoughtful and that's why i'm not a father and that's why i don't have any STDs. i'm an example of responsible sexual activity and you're lying and misrepresenting the things i've said to fit your bleeding heart agenda... all because you have no self-control :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
No... we also get to pay for welfare to make up all the irresponsible dads. Go! Immorality! It works so well!

You're either missing the point or deliberately side stepping it.

When you fail to change the hearts of people, which is the real issue, you decide to force them to alter their behavior. Not the way they truly think or feel; you simply want their behavior to conform to your expectations. When folks didn't give up booze of their own volition the temperance movement stamped its collective foot and went to Uncle Sam.

Evangelicals seem to have given up, or simply care less and less, about truly altering the hearts of men and women; all you're really gunning for now is increased political power and the ability to enforce conformity.

Big Mouth Nana

Morpheus said:
We Christians have gotten a bad rep, not because we stand for what we believe, but because so many of us are hateful in our expression of our beliefs. Since we have been strongly instructed to love our brothers and love our enemies it seems a bit hypocritical to go around wreaking of hate all the time. Shouldn't our efforts be directed toward winning the lost to Christ? Isn't that kind of difficult when we're continually screaming at them how much we hate them and wish they were dead? Wouldn't it be prudent to first look to ourselves and spend as much time and effort critiqueing our own behaviors as we have spent criticizing others? Christ didn't drive sinners away; he attracted them to himself. In fact, about the only people he lost his cool with was the holier-than-thou, self-righteous religious leaders. But what can we learn from him?
I couldn't have said this better myself. What those who wanty homosexuals executed fail to see, is that Jesus died for ALL sinners, including the homosexuals. HE was the foreshadow of a better promise being left to us by His death, burial and resurrection for all of our sins.Those of us who led less then perfect lives before we got saved should have been executed also. We all fall into one or more of the catagories listed for those who will not inherit the kingdom of God...Gal 5:19-21 ~ Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
It is not Gods will that any should perish, but come to the knowledge of the truth which is in Jesus...homosexuals included. The OT laws were fulfilled by Jesus, and it is now repentance and grace until God destroys the wicked Himself. These people who say that they are Christians and want homosexuals executed should have been executed themselves. Infact, the hate that I see from some on here regarding this topic and toward others are going to be so surprised when they end up in the line that leads to hell along with the unrepentant homosexuals. Why? A hateful heart isn't going to enter the kingdom of God either according to the verse that I posted.