Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Real Sorceror said:
Nice rebuttle. I like the alliteration. You have me completely convinced of your argument.
Umm, I don't see any alliteration in that statement. :squint:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Real Sorceror said:
Youre making a joke right? Cus I was being sarcastic as hell.
Well I knew you weren't convinced, but I didn't know you were joking about the alliteration.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
death2impiety said:
Swift...
Painful...

Works for me!
Actually, stoning is not quick; the condemned dies slowly, usually from internal bleeding. If left alone, it can take hours or days for the person to expire.

A properly adminstered stoning specifically avoids targeting the head (because that can render the victim unconscious, which is no fun at all), so in your ideal world the condemned would be fitted with some form of head protection.

Now you can't call me a sick puppy when I advocate death by slow torture...

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Gerald said:
Actually, stoning is not quick; the condemned dies slowly, usually from internal bleeding. If left alone, it can take hours or days for the person to expire.

A properly adminstered stoning specifically avoids targeting the head (because that can render the victim unconscious, which is no fun at all), so in your ideal world the condemned would be fitted with some form of head protection.

Now you can't call me a sick puppy when I advocate death by slow torture...

Swift as in it can be done immediately; without hesitation. ...whats more, even if I was referring to swift in the way you took it, 1 or 2 days to die is certaily more swift than 30 yrs on death row...

Gerald

Resident Fiend
death2impiety said:
1 or 2 days to die is certaily more swift than 30 yrs on death row...
And as a bonus, you have the option to hang around and watch. Bring a picnic lunch and let the screams and moans of the dying provide musical accompaniment.

And be sure to bring your kids along, and let them know that if they are ever rebellious (i.e., if they ever give you any lip under any circumstances), the same thing will happen to them... :chuckle:

Real Sorceror

Gerald said:
And as a bonus, you have the option to hang around and watch. Bring a picnic lunch and let the screams and moans of the dying provide musical accompaniment.
And be sure to bring your kids along, and let them know that if they are ever rebellious (i.e., if they ever give you any lip under any circumstances), the same thing will happen to them... :chuckle:
Some of you here just dont seem to realize we are talking about putting real people to death. I know youre joking Gerald, but I'm sure witnessing the execution of criminals would change people's minds on this topic.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Real Sorceror said:
I know youre joking Gerald, but I'm sure witnessing the execution of criminals would change people's minds on this topic.
These folks? Somehow I doubt it.

There's a tendency toward sadistic fantasizing around here...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Real Sorceror said:
Some of you here just dont seem to realize we are talking about putting real people to death. I know youre joking Gerald, but I'm sure witnessing the execution of criminals would change people's minds on this topic.
It would change the minds of people who considered committing these crimes. They would decide not to.

Caledvwlch

Lighthouse said:
It would change the minds of people who considered committing these crimes. They would decide not to.
What really makes you think that punishment is a deterent? Punishment is a reaction, pure and simple.