Should governments execute murderers?

Should governments execute murderers?

• OTHER - Explain below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Basically, the only brutal deaths in the US happen to the innocent. Mostly the ULTRA innocent, unborn babies.

Most murderers die of old age, the #1 killer on death row.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Real Sorceror said:
If you had any idea of the blasephemys going through my head right now, you'd ban me into next week!:madmad: I want to know what you think! I want to know what your brian put together, using your reason, and your logic. Not God's. Not the Bible's. Your's!

What makes you more upset, these guys and that they follow the Bible, or that around 4,000 innocent babies were murdered today?

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Shimei said:
Basically, the only brutal deaths in the US happen to the innocent. Mostly the ULTRA innocent, unborn babies.

Most murderers die of old age, the #1 killer on death row.

How silly is it that people here who are for the death penalty are also for mercy toward the criminal? Am I taking crazy pills?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
:rotfl:

Oh, I see. Because something is described briefly it means it didn't take too long.

Excuse me, I've recovered from my laughter.

How long do you think a Roman scourging took?

How long do you think it took to physically crucify someone?

How much time does scripture devote to these events?

Last but not least...and this depends on the couple in question:

How long does the physical act of love take?

This thinking is absurd and laughable in the extreme. "He knew her." Wow. Must've been quick. "They scourged him." Oh, well. Must've been a five-minute lashing. "Jesus wept." Must've been a sniffle.

I mean come on, man.

And now go watch a video of someone being stoned to death, if you're not a complete paper tiger.

Leviticus 24:23
Then Moses spoke to the children of Israel; and they took outside the camp him who had cursed, and stoned him with stones. So the children of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses.

God calls for a swift punishment and for stoning. :think:

:idea:

Real Sorceror

Shimei said:
What makes you more upset, these guys and that they follow the Bible, or that around 4,000 innocent babies were murdered today?
Really, how am I supposed to response to that many deaths? Its really too much for my mind to handle. And for the record, I'm agianst abortion in all but the most extreme of cases.There is no reason we should kill off our own young, especially when its so easy to aviod unwanted pregnancy.

So basically, we should drop all the social and philosophical advances made since antiquity and refer to a 6,000 year old book and use 6,000 year old methods to establish a 6,000 year old justice system in the present.

(you all are joking, right?)

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
So basically, we should drop all the social and philosophical advances made since antiquity and refer to a 6,000 year old book and use 6,000 year old methods to establish a 6,000 year old justice system in the present.

(you all are joking, right?)

If the 6,000 year old book is truly the Word of God, do you think we should use it or no? Just hypothetically of course.

Real Sorceror

Shimei said:
Then Moses spoke to the children of Israel; and they took outside the camp him who had cursed, and stoned him with stones. So the children of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses.
death2impiety said:
If the 6,000 year old book is truly the Word of God, do you think we should use it or no? Just hypothetically of course.
If God really told children to kill, then no, we should not use the Bible.

Real Sorceror

death2impiety said:
Thanks for the straight answer.
Want a better one? I dont use the Bible at all. Whether it really is the word of God doesnt matter; I dont like what I read, and I wouldnt use it either way.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:

:idea:

:yawn:

I see Shimei has yet to cultivate a sense of wit and or humor (although you like the Floyd; props!) Have a free drink on me buddy!:cheers:

Aimiel

Real Sorceror said:
If you had any idea of the blasephemys going through my head right now, you'd ban me into next week!:madmad: I want to know what you think! I want to know what your brian put together, using your reason, and your logic. Not God's. Not the Bible's. Your's!
You have to understand, God didn't teach us to memorize His Word and then stick by it (wondering whether it is right or not). He changed our hearts. We have His Word written upon our heart and mind. He is our very being. We are no longer alive, but He lives in us. When you see something good in us, you're not seeing us (men are evil) but you're seeing God. Isn't He Marvelous?

Aimiel

Balder said:
I wish you all would just move to Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia, where they do things "right" (in your eyes).
Nothing a demon-worshipping government (Muslim) does is 'right' in the eyes of a Christian. They are altogether lost and without hope. They need salvation. If we went over there to preach it to them, they would put us to death for it. Then who would you argue with? Them? Well, soon that might be against the law.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
death2impiety said:
Granite, why is one form of swift death worse than another. I was thinking that they could dump a 2 ton payload of rocks on the convicted.
It is best if you can use large chunks of Granite!

Balder

Aimiel said:
Nothing a demon-worshipping government (Muslim) does is 'right' in the eyes of a Christian. They are altogether lost and without hope. They need salvation. If we went over there to preach it to them, they would put us to death for it. Then who would you argue with? Them? Well, soon that might be against the law.
I think if some of the folks who argue for swift, brutal death and a return to OT ways of doing things were actually in power in the West, making the laws, arguing with Christians and criticizing the Bible might be against the law here too.