Should America be split in half?

drbrumley

Too bad this thread doesnt have a public poll. It would be interesting to see who would vote for or against secession/nation splitting.

The majority wouldn't I expect...why would they when the government says they will provide for everyone in some form or fashion.

exminister

No split will ever happen. The people come together when it counts, such as defense of our country. We don't have the economic division that existed which brought on the Civil War. The state economies are very mixed and the population is more fluid than ever. Just the noisy and crazy rhetoric of the internet makes it seem more divided than we are. Ultimately we want our country to continue and prosper. How crazy is it that in various parts of the country that voted for Obama twice voted for Trump? If we were so divided that would not have happened.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No split will ever happen. The people come together when it counts, such as defense of our country. We don't have the economic division that existed which brought on the Civil War. The state economies are very mixed and the population is more fluid than ever. Just the noisy and crazy rhetoric of the internet makes it seem more divided than we are. Ultimately we want our country to continue and prosper. How crazy is it that in various parts of the country that voted for Obama twice voted for Trump? If we were so divided that would not have happened.

Great post.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What we need is a new government entirely, a different form too, with a new constitution.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Should America be split in half?

There are any number of conservatives in his forum that I would gladly "split in half!"

exminister

Trump spoke of, stood up for, and continues on with the concept that liberals and conservatives can meet a middle ground- as a Christian, I hope that is possible, because we can't keep on going like this without one side getting badly hurt- do you want a reckoning or a resolution? This is why I voted for Trump :plain:
I heard him differently. He was never a reconciliatory kind of guy. He only childishly condemned his fellow Republicans with nicknames "low energy", "lying", "little" and his opponent he threatened with jail and asked the Russians to hack her. He praised dictators and condemned US allies. That was not the start of a beautiful relationship. He has established himself as a liar. What he says today he will reverse tomorrow. Even his closest spokespersons cannot say for sure where his head is - "the tweets speak for themselves". He won't bridge any political gaps. I think 4 to 8 years of his behavior might make American due for a "market correction" and we will do better than put up two candidates that had higher disapproval ratings than any election beforehand.

ClimateSanity

Trump spoke of, stood up for, and continues on with the concept that liberals and conservatives can meet a middle ground- as a Christian, I hope that is possible, because we can't keep on going like this without one side getting badly hurt- do you want a reckoning or a resolution? This is why I voted for Trump :plain:
Today's liberals refuse to live in peace with conservatives. They demand that the rest of us live according to their dictates or else they resort to things like total resistance and violence.

ClimateSanity

The split will never happen? Are you willing that any legislation be passed that does not pass your muster? Will you do whatever it takes to make sure the conservative agenda is never enacted even to the point of violence? If so, then the country will eventually split.

exminister

The split will never happen? Are you willing that any legislation be passed that does not pass your muster? Will you do whatever it takes to make sure the conservative agenda is never enacted even to the point of violence? If so, then the country will eventually split.

I am not a radical. I have lived long enough to see getting one's way all the time is never good. Working as a team is far better. "If we don't hang together, we surely will hang separately." Ben Franklin. The Founding Father certainly weren't in agreement with each other, but they saw and experienced the bloody religious wars in Europe and so they established a government of tolerance and respect for differing views. They compromised. That is what I favor. If you only talk you only repeat what you know. If you listen you may learn something.

I try to listen to both sides where men are being reasonable and not being little gods. Both sides of the isle can balance each other which in my mind is a good thing. One party being dominant and belligerent only tears us down.

We will not split for generations to come. Having a dictator might be a more likely scenario.

rexlunae

Since she doesn't answer me, where is the proof Russia interfered? If the charge is electronic hacking, there are programs available to make it look like whomever you want it to look like hacked. You just can't prove things computer wise unless you are hacked into the suspected criminals computer and watch it happen.

The charge is not, and never has been that Russia changed any vote totals, although there are indications that they attempted to mess with voter registration systems. That could be just as damaging if it succeeded, which I'm not sure we know conclusively. The charge is that Russians committed criminal attacks against the DNC and the DCCC for the benefit of the Trump campaign. If Trump officials participated in that activity, they may have committed crimes in order to win the election.