Short Notice

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I meant to get around to this last night, but instead it had to wait until the last minute- I won't be online over the next month or so.

I don't have much time to really get into all the details at the moment, but I'll be sure not to keep it a mystery upon my return.

To my fellow Calvinists- keep preaching the true gospel

Crucible out :wave:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I'm back, but i don't know how often I'll be on here.

The thing you should understand about me is that, throughout my time on here, I have been going through struggles.
I love being here, because I can pour my heart, my mind, and otherwise all manner of thoughts and theology I can't put elsewhere.

All but one other, apparently :)

For example, at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, this incredible thing happened with myself- I stood up and told them this: "You teach a contradiction of the Bible even though you talk about God- you hold people as being intrinsically flawed, who cannot get over their addiction and must have a sponsor and attend meetings to avoid drinking.. well my sponsor is God, and the enemy is not an inanimate object! It is not alcohol, it is Satan, and we are in war; rather, you make alcohol superior to God's cleansing of our soul.
You can choose to live in fear of a substance, but I will treat it as it is."

It was responded with "How dare you question a program over 80 year old?" And I simply replied "By the program that is 2000 years old."

What is popular is not always true, as what is true is often not popular.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm back, but i don't know how often I'll be on here.

The thing you should understand about me is that, throughout my time on here, I have been going through struggles.
I love being here, because I can pour my heart, my mind, and otherwise all manner of thoughts and theology I can't put elsewhere.

All but one other, apparently :)

For example, at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, this incredible thing happened with myself- I stood up and told them this: "You teach a contradiction of the Bible even though you talk about God- you hold people as being intrinsically flawed, who cannot get over their addiction and must have a sponsor and attend meetings to avoid drinking.. well my sponsor is God, and the enemy is not an inanimate object! It is not alcohol, it is Satan, and we are in war; rather, you make alcohol superior to God's cleansing of our soul.

It was responded with "How dare you question a program over 80 year old?" And I simply replied "By the program that is 2000 years old."

What is popular is not always true, as what is true is often not popular.
Are you going to a Boy Scout meeting later in the week to mock their uniforms? Or, if you're only there to disrupt something that others value maybe you should spend that time somewhere else...where you value what's happening.

Hopefully no one will show up to tell you why it's a bad idea.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Are you going to a Boy Scout meeting later in the week to mock their uniforms? Or, if you're only there to disrupt something that others value maybe you should spend that time somewhere else...where you value what's happening.

Hopefully no one will show up to tell you why it's a bad idea.

Your obliviousness to what I've been up to for the past week aside, I find it a bit typical that someone such as yourself has never stated this to an atheist in a Christian place.
As in, you, the lib. :)

Are you traveling to another universe or dimension? Don't hurry back, and warn us when the hour of your return is imminent? I don't like surprises.

I thought I was on your ignore list, GM? You can't ignore this :thumb:

genuineoriginal

at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, this incredible thing happened with myself- I stood up and told them this: "You teach a contradiction of the Bible even though you talk about God- you hold people as being intrinsically flawed, who cannot get over their addiction and must have a sponsor and attend meetings to avoid drinking.. well my sponsor is God, and the enemy is not an inanimate object! It is not alcohol, it is Satan, and we are in war; rather, you make alcohol superior to God's cleansing of our soul.

Very clever.

Of course, we know which 2000 year old program you were following:

Luke 18:9-14
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.​

The people that followed that program 2000 years ago received this condemnation from Jesus:

Matthew 23:27-28
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.​

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Your obliviousness to what I've been up to for the past week aside,
i was supposed to know? :noid:

I find it a bit typical that someone such as yourself has never stated this to an atheist in a Christian place.
I find it a curious thing that you don't know I've spent a lot of time taking on antitheists around here.

As in, you, the lib. :)
You can call me Dan Marino, but I'll never throw that spiral. :)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i was supposed to know? :noid:

of course you dint know - you dint care

you just saw an opportunity to take a "clever" and "witty" swipe at someone you don't like, in order to generate more fodder for your self celebrating blog

if only you'd spend as much energy confronting tardlyartie, for example, on his support for homos

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
How can I care about something I don't know about? :plain: It's not like I'm running for president.

Speaking of which, and of 'disruptions', I was downtown and, behold- an army of hipsters yelling 'feel the burn!' came around the block.
Well, upon figuring out that it was 'feel the Bern'- as they were marching for Sanders with signs and the whole shebang, I turned around and said
TRUMP, BABY!

There was enough shade thrown at me to blot out the sun :chuckle:

alwight

Speaking of which, and of 'disruptions', I was downtown and, behold- an army of hipsters yelling 'feel the burn!' came around the block.
Well, upon figuring out that it was 'feel the Bern'- as they were marching for Sanders with signs and the whole shebang, I turned around and said
TRUMP, BABY!

There was enough shade thrown at me to blot out the sun :chuckle:
Are you sure they weren't Calvinists mocking the fate of reprobates?

reprobate
2. archaic
(in Calvinism) a sinner who is not of the elect and is predestined to damnation.​

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Are you sure they weren't Calvinists mocking the fate of reprobates?

reprobate
2. archaic
(in Calvinism) a sinner who is not of the elect and is predestined to damnation.​

For one, Calvinists do not 'mock' reprobates. They simply throw it at the opposer and those other Christians who, unlike them, constanty have something to say about other's salvation.

Like some of the Dispensationalists on here, as an easy example, who seem to miss the part where it is stated there's only one Judge and that they will be judged as they judge others :rolleyes:

alwight

For one, Calvinists do not 'mock' reprobates. They simply throw it at the opposer and those other Christians who, unlike them, constanty have something to say about other's salvation.

Like some of the Dispensationalists on here, as an easy example, who seem to miss the part where it is stated there's only one Judge and that they will be judged as they judge others :rolleyes:
Calvinists then are such warm and inclusive caring people, who seem to be so content with adherence to their own presupposed daft dogma as any other, who would gladly spend eternity in paradise while everyone else eternally burns. Thanks Calvinists. :)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Calvinists then are such warm and inclusive caring people, who seem to be so content with adherence to their own presupposed daft dogma as any other, who would gladly spend eternity in paradise while everyone else eternally burns. Thanks Calvinists. :)

Calvinism is a set of doctrine of personal assurance. We have assurance while others wither away in their vain skepticism and pompous judgments.

Sorry that we're not the pushovers you atheists depend on Christians to be :idunno: