Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

rainee

Everything I said's completely true.
You need to be careful, Granite.
I have no idea if anything you said to me was true since you ended with a ridiculous lie or worse, a pathetic belief.

So let me ask: If any blacks showed up wanting to experience the Confederate south in all its glory--and most importantly, in all authenticity--how do you think they'd be treated?

What about you spending camp at the town that became New York City? Back then you might not have been so spunky in your talk.

As for your claim of North Easterners being better than us Down
South...

Well they may value money too much up there.
They may be too vain. They may be a lot of things --
but when Black Tuesday came - caused of course by Yanks up there - the South hunkered down and farmed, made their own panties and dresses out of feed sacks, ate watermelon and swam in creeks and tanks.

What did those smart folks up North do after causing the Great Depression?

And please don't say jumped out of windows, turned to crime, and /or stood in food lines, ok?

Cuz we already knew that.

Granite

Hall of Fame
A principled person addresses the argument based on it's own merits.

Science tells us a human being is created at the moment of conception and a unique DNA is formed which has become a backbone of criminal investigation.

Will you join me and point out the obvious ridiculous status quo that tells us killing a child is ok just as the same status quo in the South tells people it is ok to hate people for their physical appearance?

One has nothing to do with the other and you're trying to sidetrack this thread. Start another one if you like.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I have no idea if anything you said to me was true since you ended with a ridiculous lie or worse, a pathetic belief.

It'll take you two seconds to find out. Nothing I said's untrue. Look it up yourself.:yawn:

Sancocho

One has nothing to do with the other and you're trying to sidetrack this thread. Start another one if you like.

No problem. Can I assume a principled humanist like yourself who can think outside of the box and is not beholden to irrational arguments because everyone is doing it will participate?

Granite

Hall of Fame
No problem. Can I assume a principled humanist like yourself who can think outside of the box and is not beholden to irrational arguments because everyone is doing it will participate?

Assume whatever you like. For the time being I'd appreciate it if you stopped sidetracking this thread.

Daniel1611

I think flags are taken too seriously. I was helping the borough manager hang American flags for decorations and each flag came with a booklet that tells you all the different flag rules. There's more rules for the flag than for the Ark of the Covenant. Way more. Like, dude, its just a piece a fabric. By the time I read it all, I was waiting for it to say, "this flag is a living God. It eateth and drinketh.". Like seriously, these are just flags. Hang them if you like, but they are given too much power.

Sancocho

The reality is the Confederate Flag means different things to different people. It once was a symbol of racism for most people but like many things in culture it's meaning has diversified. Words are other examples as well. Nonetheless, the Christian has very few options regarding anything that would scandalize another person even if it inconveniences them. By this standard no Christian should support the promotion of this flag.

BTW, I grew up in Charleston, SC and have many friends and family who would disagree with me because for them it is not an racial issue. However for other people it is racist so if we consider ourselves to be faithful to the Word we have only one option.

rainee

It'll take you two seconds to find out. Nothing I said's untrue. Look it up yourself.:yawn:

Why would I look up what you claim?
If you can't give references for what you say is true you must not want to be listened to or taken too seriously. Please let me assure you I can give Bible verses for others to refer to if I say something important...ah but well that's the rub. Up north liberals don't need truth or facts, is that it? No wonder my government first said it was a video that caused murderous death for Americans in Benghazi - they were surrounded by people like you?

Anyway how could any of those insulting claims be true or proven, don't be a horses petunia.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why would I look up what you claim?
If you can't give references for what you say is true you must not want to be listened to or taken too seriously. Please let me assure you I can give Bible verses for others to refer to if I say something important...ah but well that's the rub. Up north liberals don't need truth or facts, is that it? No wonder my government first said it was a video that caused murderous death for Americans in Benghazi - they were surrounded by people like you?

Anyway how could any of those insulting claims be true or proven, don't be a horses petunia.

Through a little something called "statistics.":yawn:

So both Wal-Mart and Amazon have banned sales of CSA-themed merch.

rainee

Through a little something called "statistics.":yawn:

Yawn all you like Granite but don't be a continuous poo head!

Stats are Gods truth to you?
Actually once again I think you know better.
You will have to be more convincing that you are not simply acting like the joker on your avatar.
It's what others may read and think about what you and your gang are saying that I fight. Some people really are gullible.

Good night Granite and all.

So both Wal-Mart and Amazon have banned sales of CSA-themed merch.

Oh yeah... What does CSA themed mean?

rexlunae

I think flags are taken too seriously.

Great. Then there should be no reason for you to oppose taking it down in the capital grounds in South Carolina. Right? Or for removing it from the Mississippi state flag.

The reality is the Confederate Flag means different things to different people. It once was a symbol of racism for most people but like many things in culture it's meaning has diversified.

I'm doubtful of that, but primarily, but regardless it's a symbol of racism and segregation, and it has no place on a building that should belong to all the people of the state.

Sancocho

I'm doubtful of that, but primarily, but regardless it's a symbol of racism and segregation, and it has no place on a building that should belong to all the people of the state.

There is no point in being doubtful. If a black man can use a rebel flag we can assure he does not understand it's implications.

Daniel1611

Great. Then there should be no reason for you to oppose taking it down in the capital grounds in South Carolina. Right? Or for removing it from the Mississippi state flag.

I don't care at all if its taken down. I don't live there, I have no emotional attachment to the Confederate flag or any other flag. I merely pointed out the the flag isn't a symbol of racism. Its symbol of the Confederacy, which no longer exists. I really do not care in the slightest if they take it down or leave it up.

rainee

Oops I looked up CSA
If I get some more strawberries I'll try to remember to share with someone there that some Yanks get real natural from nature and grown in the ground type fruits and veggies delivered to their little apartments and stuff. Real neat.

The blueberries here where I live are not doing well but I got some fresh ones
Downtown.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great. Then there should be no reason for you to oppose taking it down in the capital grounds in South Carolina. Right? Or for removing it from the Mississippi state flag. I'm doubtful of that, but primarily, but regardless it's a symbol of racism and segregation, and it has no place on a building that should belong to all the people of the state.

Liberals: Nine people murdered. :think: :idea: Let's take down a flag!