ECT Seeking list of Hebrews verses from MADs/D'ists that are allowed for Christians

Interplanner

Yes.
The new covenant was made with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.
I even highlighted it in red so you couldn't miss it.

Unless, like Rom 9, there's more to israel! You are so simplistic. Even the initial promises to Israel were for the sake of the nations, but through Israel along the way. Not two directions, just one.

You have one verse to pound on, but ignore 500.

themuzicman

you do have to rightly divide scripture

Heb 8:8 For he finds fault with them when he says: Jer 31:31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
Heb 8:9 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Romans 9:22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— 24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles?

Looks like Paul said that Jews and Gentile are both involved in the New Covenant.

SaulToPaul 2

Here is a great example of instinct 'helping.' "the fruit of the Spirit is x, y, z, and against such there is no law." 'Against' is often how 'kata' would be used with law, but not the only. If you have followed what Paul is saying (about walking in pace with the Spirit), he is creating innovative images. He's now on how the flesh works and gets paid wages vs the Spirit grows things like a tree does fruit. 'kata' doesn't have to be 'there is no law against love, patience, etc...' It can be the more powerful: 'you don't make laws about these things; the Spirit GROWS them.' That's very close to what he means. It's not about making laws, although some laws need to ground things.

So my instinct that the people who keep drumming 'house of Israel and house of Judah' and NEVER SEEM TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE REST OF THE BOOK, OR THE INTERP OF THIS SAME AT THE CONCLUSIONS IN 10:1-18 is pretty much to ignore them, to turn them off like a CD player stuck on one byte of a track. The 'Israel' and 'Judah' mean more than just those tribes or races or divisions. Just like in Rom 9, we meant more than Israel. Because the heart of the rest of Hebrews doesn't care a spit about tribes or races, but rather with all the grand themes that the rest of the NT does.

:chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have one verse to pound on, but ignore 500.

The irony...
hehe!

As if pounding 500 verses but ignoring two is proper.

Hebrews 8:8 KJV(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:31 KJV

(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

​Buckle my shoe.

john w

Hall of Fame
IP the Genius writes off thousands of verses written by the prophets just because they are not specifically mentioned by the "NT" writers.

How idiotic.

Since this interloper has me on "the big freeze," perhaps you could ask our hero, genius, what scripture in the OT James is referencing here, Mayor:

James 4 KJV

5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

musterion

I had an uncle Elipses. He was in charge of deploying sawdust on the Tilt-a-Whirl at the county fair. A little touched in the head but a nice guy.

Interplanner

IP the Genius writes off thousands of verses written by the prophets just because they are not specifically mentioned by the "NT" writers.

How idiotic.

OH, then 'as it is written' by an apostle is idiotic, but if you quote it directly with a Judaistic meaning, it is fine, got it.

Interplanner

:chuckle:

Your cartoons are worthless; you'll need to show an exact problem.

That is truly what is going on in the innovative use of 'kata' in Gal 5. Your problem is a complete lack of heart rejuvenated, refreshed by the Spirit of God in the sense of the new covenant.

the main feature of the new covenant, says the OT text, is THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. Do you some idea why?

Interplanner

hehe!

As if pounding 500 verses but ignoring two is proper.

Hebrews 8:8 KJV(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:31 KJV

(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

​Buckle my shoe.

So it is "proper" to ignore what Christ said, what Paul recapped, and then taught in another letter but you have to do Judah and Israel and ignore what 10:1-18 says? Got it. This whole thing is a fraud and the only people who believe it are here in this ghetto.

way 2 go

Romans 9:22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— 24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles?

Looks like Paul said that Jews and Gentile are both involved in the New Covenant.

Israel fell and did not except
and still has not excepted their messiah . . . yet .

Rom 9:32 Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone,

Rom 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Jews are more than welcome to become Christians and join the gentiles in the dispensation of grace
until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Interplanner

Israel fell and did not except
and still has not excepted their messiah . . . yet .

Rom 9:32 Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone,

Rom 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Jews are more than welcome to become Christians and join the gentiles in the dispensation of grace
until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Yep, and that will be the end of time. There is no reversion back to Judaism coming after that. Why on earth would there be, with all that has happened, and with all that is written about wrath on Israel being poured out in the destruction of Jerusalem? The partial hardening, says the first verses of ch 11, has been there all along. Paul had to keep teaching that because of the mistaken belief that there was something automatic about being in Israel by birth. There is not. There must be faith.