SCOPER - a Godly Response

Lon

STOP

COUNT TO TEN

PRAY

EXHALE

RESPOND

I'm not sure if I can consistently do it, this is a test.

I'll be sharing along the way....

If you like double-dog dares, let me know if you can and what results/effect.

Also, if you have a few verses etc. Post them. AND if you test me in this thread, I may not catch the irony and fail. That could be fun too, though

-Lon

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
stop
consider the source
respond for the benefit of others
when you find the source not worthy of it

truthjourney

Here are some scriptures that I try to keep in mind.

1Pet. 3:15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,..
Col. 4:6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Prov. 13:3 Those who guard their lips preserve their lives, but those who speak rashly will come to ruin.
Rom. 12:18 And if it is possible, according to what is within you, make peace with every person.

James 1:26 And if a man thinks that he serves God, and does not hold his tongue, but deceives his heart, this person's service is worthless.
Psalm 141:3 Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.

Maybe I need to put these scriptures in my signature when I get one to be a constant reminder to me.

Reactions: Lon

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Counting isn't necessary. We have a lot of scriptures on being slow to speak, and quick to listen.

Tol are too busy fighting among each other to listen to slow speech. No speech is probably better since no one listens. You and I are quick to see that.