Scientists baffled by a perfect example of Biblical kinds

6days

alwight said:
'm quite sure by now that even you do understand that genetic information CAN increase

Disagree.

Again back to the example of the extremely simple whisk fern. Althougg its genome is far larger than that of humans, it contains far less meaningful info. *Again, like a book with numerous duplicated pages... *it isn't adding information.*

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Don't be so concerned with the arrogance of atheists and their evolution- half of it is much trumped up theory and the other the default assumption of the person in denial of their own intrinsic recognizance of God- the suckle from birth you knew from your beginning.

alwight

Don't be so concerned with the arrogance of atheists and their evolution- half of it is much trumped up theory and the other the default assumption of the person in denial of their own intrinsic recognizance of God- the suckle from birth you knew from your beginning.
I'd be more concerned with those theists who insist that evolution is only for atheists.

alwight

Evolution is, by reason and definition, the 'Pentateuch' of atheist belief. To believe there is no creator is to clamber unto natural possibilities.
Some atheists may believe that there is no creator while others, the majority imo, don't pretend to know nor will they make presumptive assumptions either way in lieu of specific facts and evidence.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Some atheists may believe that there is no creator while others, the majority imo, don't pretend to know nor will they make presumptive assumptions either way in lieu of specific facts and evidence.

That's a bunch of nonsense.
Get cancer and tell me more about how the universe came from a magic bean :rolleyes:

gcthomas

Disagree.

Again back to the example of the extremely simple whisk fern. Althougg its genome is far larger than that of humans, it contains far less meaningful info. *Again, like a book with numerous duplicated pages... *it isn't adding information.*

So how is that measured, again? :chuckle:

alwight

Disagree.

Just suppose for a minute that I had a book of information which contained several duplicate pages.
If I erased a few lines from a duplicate page then that information has not been lost since it still exists on another page, correct?
If I erased say several such lines and replaced them with some new information, perhaps copied and pasted from elsewhere, then the total information in that book has increased, right? :sherlock:

alwight

That's a bunch of nonsense.
Get cancer and tell me more about how the universe came from a magic bean :rolleyes:
Please don't talk to me about getting cancer since I'm currently doing chemotherapy after bowel cancer surgery, from which I expect to make a full recovery btw, thanks for asking.
Unlike you most atheists including me do not claim to know the ultimate question nor try to explain it with superstition and mumbo-jumbo.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What kind of cost?I read about there being trade offs in evolution. For example, rats could have better long lasting teeth, but something like their skeleton is weaker. Is that you you are referring to or is it something else?
I am not referring to that example in particular, but that is the idea.

Do you remember the rest of that discussion?
Do you concede that your question has been asked and answered numerous times?

You and 6days agree that neither of you have any idea how to measure genetic information.
Don't be daft. I have plenty of ideas of how to do that. However, such methods are well beyond scientists because they have almost no understanding of how DNA is written.

6days says natural selection is part of the "Biblical model of creation." Is he wrong?
No.

Did you have something of relevance to contribute, because this silly tactic of yours is nothing but a red herring.

Viruses (such as the flu virus) constantly mutate and change over time. If it were true that mutations come at a cost, shouldn't such viruses have mutated themselves out of existence?
That would depend on several factors:
1. Are what evolutionists call "mutations" actually random changes, or are they design features?
2. How good was the original design at preserving viability?
3. How long have viruses been degrading?

Last edited:

gcthomas

There are many articles I could refer you to. For ex. Kondrashov in 1995 wrote "Contamination of the genome by very slightly deleterious mutations: Why we have not died 100 times over? Published in theoretical biology

In that article he is only talking about slightly deleterious mutations. He is not considering the more harmful mutations that are not eliminated by natural selection. Would you like to learn about them?

Yes, I would. Could you reproduce the part of the paper that most supports your contention, please? (I can't get any more that the abstract - so unless you have paid access, I think you are just reproducing parts of a YEC bibliography bank without reading your claimed sources - a very dishonest approach, IMO)

chair

A curious thread, in which the creationists insist that evolution happens, even much faster than scientists think. They just don't like the mechanism.