Schizophrenia

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is my belief that I have never had schizophrenia.

Imagine someone telling you that you have schizophrenia when you don't.

What is schizophrenia?

glorydaz

What is schizophrenia?

How do you know you don't have it if you don't know what it is?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How do you know you don't have it if you don't know what it is?

The question is one meant to be answered. However, for the years that people have been diagnosing me what I know is that there may be hallucinations and delusions with the old paranoid schizophrenia from the old book. But though I cannot explain my mind brain and experience in every case, I do believe that these diagnoses are incorrect. I have reasons or ways of thinking for what have been red flags to others, and to me that makes enough sense to believe that I am being unjustly medicated against my will yet again. However, I still don't know the answer to the question. I wanted to know about people with schizophrenia at some point in my life. I believe that people with schizophrenia are protected by the Law somehow, so I don't know much about them.

Last edited:

glorydaz

The question is one meant to be answered. However, for the years that people have been diagnosing me what I know is that there may be hallucinations and delusions with the old paranoid schizophrenia from the old book. But thought I cannot explain my mind brain and experience in every case, I do believe that these diagnoses are incorrect. I have reasons or ways of thinking for what have been red flags to others, and to me that makes enough sense to believe that I am being unjustly medicated against my will yet again. However, I still don't know the answer to the question. I wanted to know about people with schizophrenia at some point in my life.

You can't diagnose yourself, Jacob, and you shouldn't stop taking medications on your own. That can be very dangerous. Ask for second opinions.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You can't diagnose yourself, Jacob, and you shouldn't stop taking medications on your own. That can be very dangerous. Ask for second opinions.

It is very difficult because it is tied in with the courts. I have stopped taking medication before but they put me back on it when I try to get help such as with new living situations that would not be considered fraud. It should be wrong for someone to be able to diagnose someone with something that they don't have.

glorydaz

It is very difficult because it is tied in with the courts. I have stopped taking medication before but they put me back on it when I try to get help such as with new living situations that would not be considered fraud. It should be wrong for someone to be able to diagnose someone with something that they don't have.

It's better to take your meds than it would be to get locked up because you refused.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It's better to take your meds than it would be to get locked up because you refused.

I have been receiving instruction on not going back to the hospital, but I should not have been in the hospital to begin with. As for meds I don't have meds. They have me on a long lasting injectable, and it does something to me that I do not like. I was fine without medications, but the argument is that I have ended up back in the hospital when I don't take medication, which was not my doing. I am actually against this as a religious belief, but I don't like fighting people.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I feel sad today. I feel that the medication negatively affects me. I want my mind and brain back.

truthjourney

What is schizophrenia?
I've seen people who have schizophrenia. They hear voices, have hallucinations and think they're talking to people who aren't really there. Their behavior and thinking can be erratic.

There are many people who are misdiagnosed with schizophrenia. I do know that. And the meds that are prescribed for it can cause problems like paranoia and suicidal tendencies. So if you are having those kinds of problems it's important to tell your doctor and maybe have them prescribe something else.

truthjourney

I feel sad today. I feel that the medication negatively affects me. I want my mind and brain back.
These meds change a person's brain chemistry. If the meds aren't helping you then they're not the right meds. That's something you need to talk to your doctor about and the doctor needs to try other meds to see if that will help you feel better.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I've seen people who have schizophrenia. They hear voices, have hallucinations and think they're talking to people who aren't really there. Their behavior and thinking can be erratic.

There are many people who are misdiagnosed with schizophrenia. I do know that. And the meds that are prescribed for it can cause problems like paranoia and suicidal tendencies. So if you are having those kinds of problems it's important to tell your doctor and maybe have them prescribe something else.
I do not have either those problems or those symptoms.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
These meds change a person's brain chemistry. If the meds aren't helping you then they're not the right meds. That's something you need to talk to your doctor about and the doctor needs to try other meds to see if that will help you feel better.
I would like no medication. I am fine without medication. I do not know how much I have been damaged by the medications.

truthjourney

I would like no medication. I am fine without medication. I do not know how much I have been damaged by the medications.
That's a legitimate concern. Glorydaz already mentioned asking for a second opinion. Or even a third or fourth if necessary. It's important to be correctly diagnosed to receive the right meds. But in the meantime, you need to continue what they're giving you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That's a legitimate concern. Glorydaz already mentioned asking for a second opinion. Or even a third or fourth if necessary. It's important to be correctly diagnosed to receive the right meds. But in the meantime, you need to continue what they're giving you.

Yes, it is dangerous to stop med without Doctor's advice. I have done that and got severe rebuke from the doctors. I even switched to over the counter meds without notifying the doctor. I have done those kind of stupid things many times. I did not know I should not stop med without asking the doctor.