Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yep,....keep asking, seeking and knocking.....its a journey of learning.........

Yep,....keep asking, seeking and knocking.....its a journey of learning.........

Yep :plain:

Perhaps you ought to read my words "in context". If you are seeker of truth, you will remain open and flexible to have your views, thoughts, opinions and beliefs changed if/when necessary, as new info./light/truth/revelation is discovered which is more sound, reasonable or in harmony with reality. Its called "progressive revelation". In this dimension of space and time, there is continual change, flux and transformation so that 'point of view' is ever subject to modification, innovation, expansion....as long as there is room for clarity, better knowledge, understanding, wisdom.

Does your 'theology' permit you to think for yourself? Does your theology allow you open and free investigation of anything and everything? Did Jesus say "ever be asking, seeking, knocking?" - is the 'tense' here a 'continual' seeking, researching, in the context of his point? A student of truth is ever re-searching and challenging his own concepts of reality, his own perceptions, his own assumptions. Are you that bold enough to re-evaluate your belief-system? Are you open to quest-ion the "reality" you perceive or assume? That could be the beginning of the real quest......

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The allegorical......

The allegorical......

Yet the historical record calls you're religious assumptions stupidity, And if you think Paul is teaching two distinct siblings instead of the two aspect within man you are brainwashed Lon.

As you know zeke,...its an issue of a 'literal' and/or 'allegorical' interpretation,...while some accept both are possible, some might favor one 'aspect' of another :) (hitting home? ;) )

As touched on earlier,....myth (story telling) has its place whether it actually happened 'historically' or was something created by imagination to explain or expound a particular principle or theme (serving the writers of course), illustrating some truth or concept allegorically. In any case, the concept or truth is subjectively translated, so its value or meaning is still a matter of 'subjectivity', as the soul interprets it.

Those who toot Paul's horn adding to his own 'boasts' as being the apostle to the Gentiles (which was Peter's original calling), might note it was believed by some of his 'inner circle disciples', that his deeper esoteric teachings (allegorical) were what were important, which is where the Valentinians got their 'secret knowledge' (gnosis) and tradition....from Theudas, believed to be a disciple of Paul, who taught Valentinus.

As Paul reiterates, "the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life".

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Free to research truth-claims.......

Free to research truth-claims.......

If he did "destroy" traditional Christianity, why have I never heard of him and traditional Christianity is still alive and well? :AMR:

Globally, yes...here on our wonderful little planet,...only 1/3 claim or are considered to be 'Christian',....there are many other faiths (even older than 'Christianity') still going strong, alive and well with their own scriptures, rites, rituals and tradition. It will be for the ardent seeker of truth himself to research and consider the truth-claims or value of any given religious book or belief-system.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yet the historical record calls you're religious assumptions stupidity, And if you think Paul is teaching two distinct siblings instead of the two aspect within man you are brainwashed Lon.

I have a modicum of respect that you are somewhere between this planet earth and some abstractual domain. You're neither here nor there in essence. Your mind is perched on some sort of energy contrived vortex which swirls around the universe at such a rate of speed that there's no way to measure its effect on external stimuli? I think it would be fair to assume, that you are arched between physical substance and a certain portion of cosmic anti-matter? It's difficult to make a reasonable hypothesis and still maintain a logical and precise analysis. My thoughts and feelings maintain a wait and see approach. I'm perplexed at your inability to absorb any actual preconditioning which would open up a whole new perception of toleration, explanation, and assumption? Any preconceived notions of a proper examination would prove unworthy of any exploratory or time expenditure.

In conclusion, any further questions relating to your situation would, no doubt, be an exercise in futility. More data would have to be acquired through hours of exhaustive questions and answers which in the end, may not prove beneficial for enquiring minds on this forum. Although I do have higher expectations for future examination of your reasoning inefficiencies.

Lon

Er, no. Cults are cults. All two of you. Neither as bright as he thinks he is but delusion goes with that territory about just about everything :noway:

An atheist, who would love for your embraced theory to be true, called it sheer stupidity and that no thinking atheist would allow it. An unthinking cultist, then? Sure, no problem.

Lon

Perhaps you ought to read my words "in context" ....
I did, Mr. lead-by-emotion mcfeely.
Does your 'theology' permit you to think for yourself?....
Er, that's anthropology and projection, not theology, but of course you are your own god, worship yourself, and so it makes sense that you think exactly this way, and 'with your feelings' no less. :plain:

Zeke

As you know zeke,...its an issue of a 'literal' and/or 'allegorical' interpretation,...while some accept both are possible, some might favor one 'aspect' of another :) (hitting home? ;) )

As touched on earlier,....myth (story telling) has its place whether it actually happened 'historically' or was something created by imagination to explain or expound a particular principle or theme (serving the writers of course), illustrating some truth or concept allegorically. In any case, the concept or truth is subjectively translated, so its value or meaning is still a matter of 'subjectivity', as the soul interprets it.

Those who toot Paul's horn adding to his own 'boasts' as being the apostle to the Gentiles (which was Peter's original calling), might note it was believed by some of his 'inner circle disciples', that his deeper esoteric teachings (allegorical) were what were important, which is where the Valentinians got their 'secret knowledge' (gnosis) and tradition....from Theudas, believed to be a disciple of Paul, who taught Valentinus.

As Paul reiterates, "the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life".

I have no issue with the literal in its basic application, yet after one matures Santa isn't landing on the roof and coming down the chimney any longer which is a metaphor for the spine/stairway like every artifact in the historic temple account is applied to the kingdom within us instead being an actual crucifix that happened on a hill just by happenstance called skull etc...

Those that exclusively (like I once believed as well) following the "script of the literal" can find a rational for nationalism/Zionist mentality that controls people through religious superiority complex, making others expendable by their beliefs being the only way, which is a persona based delusion for those tricked from birth to except it without question.

Though I like "some of the so called Pauline epistle" I also realize these teachings concerning his mystery wasn't some new revelation given to him like many here want to promote, plus we both know those who are in charge of the scripts printing can twist it to fulfill their agenda, Peter like Paul being most likely ghost written, John also being full of prior sayings that were from other religious cultures yet the average programmed persona/ego howls like a mad dog when presented these possibilities.

Zeke

I have a modicum of respect that you are somewhere between this planet earth and some abstractual domain. You're neither here nor there in essence. Your mind is perched on some sort of energy contrived vortex which swirls around the universe at such a rate of speed that there's no way to measure its effect on external stimuli? I think it would be fair to assume, that you are arched between physical substance and a certain portion of cosmic anti-matter? It's difficult to make a reasonable hypothesis and still maintain a logical and precise analysis. My thoughts and feelings maintain a wait and see approach. I'm perplexed at your inability to absorb any actual preconditioning which would open up a whole new perception of toleration, explanation, and assumption? Any preconceived notions of a proper examination would prove unworthy of any exploratory or time expenditure.

In conclusion, any further questions relating to your situation would, no doubt, be an exercise in futility. More data would have to be acquired through hours of exhaustive questions and answers which in the end, may not prove beneficial for enquiring minds on this forum. Although I do have higher expectations for future examination of your reasoning inefficiencies.

Reflex theology, I presume you are unable to take a look at you're own dogma pool and see the same wavering image you except as being past and future reality, Cloud watchers being what they are and all.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Did you write that GM ?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Alvin Boyd Kuhn pretty much destroyed the traditional mantra in the Shadow of the Third Century, better do some more research on the Roman invention of the carnal Christ.
Matt 11:11 along with Galatians 4:23-28 shows the death burial and rebirth is Metaphorical/Esoteric teaching regarding the two aspect of man 1Cor 15:45, Luke 15:45.

I'm happy to see you on vacation Zeke. Your brain is filled with fantasy and science fiction.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You take pot shots at Christ and Christianity every chance you get. You discount the Holy Bible with the excrement of UB

You have reading comprehension problems and frankly get banned from HOL more then I do. I've never taken pot shots at Christ or Christianity. I have pointed out that there was an original gospel preached by Jesus and the twelve and then the new gospel that developed after Jesus left.

Before the cross the apostles didn't go from town to town preaching Christ crucified, a fence post could figure that out. But then again I have to take into consideration the unthinking nature of this audience.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You have reading comprehension problems and frankly get banned from HOL more then I do. I've never taken pot shots at Christ or Christianity. I have pointed out that there was an original gospel preached by Jesus and the twelve and then the new gospel that developed after Jesus left.

Before the cross the apostles didn't go from town to town preaching Christ crucified, a fence post could figure that out. But then again I have to take into consideration the unthinking nature of this audience.

I see that you're still peddling the SUPREME size Baloney. What a guy. You're as smart as an Amoeba with a learning disability.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I see that you're still peddling the SUPREME size Baloney. What a guy. You're as smart as an Amoeba with a learning disability.
Oh, are you saying Jesus and the 12 didn't preach the gospel 3 years before the cross? Or are you just still angry Grosnick? You were doing so well for a while, did they get tired of your holier than thow routine in the Christians only section ?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oh, are you saying Jesus and the 12 didn't preach the gospel 3 years before the cross? Or are you just still angry Grosnick? You were doing so well for a while, did they get tired of your holier than thow routine in the Christians only section ?

? Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to convey? Explain yourself, in a human language, not UFO Alienese.