Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
One can do all the research they need to by reading the thread here, availing themselves of the commentary and resource-links shared, thank you.

For starters:

An Introduction to the Urantia Papers for Conservative Christians

Urantia Book Differences from Traditional Christian Beliefs

A Conceptual Overview of the Urantia Book

~*~*~

Google away if you like. Any and all religious systems, traditions and beliefs are subject to 'research' and 'critique'.

The UB Fellowship

pj

The urantia comic book society will appreciate that!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Word.......

Word.......

Go to hell

You seriously expect someone to believe in the 'God' or 'Jesus' (or whatever religion you represent) by telling them to 'go to hell'? One doesn't need to be a theologian or a rocket scientist to be appalled by such a 'sentiment'. Would Jesus tell someone to 'go to hell'?

As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed! (Galatians 1:9 NASB)

That was Paul's claim boasting about his own gospel. Paul has been exposed and challenged for his claims elsewhere, see here (see resource-links and other thread-portals).

I don't recall Jesus putting a curse upon anyone preaching differently than he taught (about the kingdom of heaven),...but he did say "he is not against us, is for us".

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You cant contain the Infinite.......or put 'God' in a 'box'.....

You cant contain the Infinite.......or put 'God' in a 'box'.....

The urantia comic book society will appreciate that!

Anyone who respects all the information upon a subject does 'appreciate' full access to the material to make a proper investigation. This goes for any religious book claiming to be inspired or containing new revelations.

The 'horn' you're 'tooting' is getting a little old n rusty.

pj

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You seriously expect someone to believe in the 'God' or 'Jesus' (or whatever religion you represent) by telling them to 'go to hell'? One doesn't need to be a theologian or a rocket scientist to be appalled by such a 'sentiment'. Would Jesus tell someone to 'go to hell'?

That was Paul's claim boasting about his own gospel. Paul has been exposed and challenged for his claims elsewhere, see here (see resource-links and other thread-portals).

I don't recall Jesus putting a curse upon anyone preaching differently than he taught (about the kingdom of heaven),...but he did say "he is not against us, is for us".

pj

I am commanded to give you this message: go to hell

Gal 1

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Hype-o-thetical.........

Hype-o-thetical.........

it's a cult!

Oh heavens! (the sky is falling!)

It might behoove you to recognize that your own religious beliefs or investments are in a particular 'cult' or 'denominational' view within Christianity,....pick one 'cult' within the dozens within 'Christianity'. Its a 'cult-urized' belief, of a particular 'form' or 'fashion' that you've chosen which 'suits' your own intellectual or philosophical disposition or 'rationale' at this point in time. That view or 'belief' may be subject to 'change'.

In-joy :)

pj

meshak

BANNED
Banned

pj

Some mainstreamers believe they can course and still believe they are a good Christians. intojoy is one of those hateful posters here.

Jesus says to love your enemy. He did not say curse your enemy.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh heavens! (the sky is falling!)

It might behoove you to recognize that your own religious beliefs or investments are in a particular 'cult' or 'denominational' view within Christianity,....pick one 'cult' within the dozens within 'Christianity'.

Dictionary.com defines a cult as "a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc."

That means "Christianity" cannot be a cult since Christians are not bound together by anything. Christians do not venerate the same thing, person, or ideal. There is only division in Christianty, no unity and very little agreement on anything.

Jews have one God, Muslims have one god, but Christians create their own individual god or gods.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
slap stick theology...........

slap stick theology...........

It's not personal. Just following orders

And those orders are no more alarming than your avatar :)

There's a fine line between comedy and seriousness about the subject of reality, let alone 'religion' and how that correlates or deviates from reality.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Cults springing from a greater culture-context......

Cults springing from a greater culture-context......

Dictionary.com defines a cult as "a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc."

That means "Christianity" cannot be a cult since Christians are not bound together by anything. Christians do not venerate the same thing, person, or ideal. There is only division in Christianty, no unity and very little agreement on anything.

Jews have one God, Muslims have one god, but Christians create their own individual god or gods.

Hi Jamie,

Looking up the definition is good, and it still remains that while a religionist (of any kind or manner) criticizes another 'belief-system' as being a 'cult', their own 'belief-system' may be just as much as a 'cult' by definition, - the nut doesn't fall too far from the same tree.

'Christianity' is most definitely a 'cult' centered around or upon the personality of Jesus. - He is the subject of veneration, idealism, ethical base, historical significance, soteriology, etc. Some cults are of course more reasonable and sane than others. If you want to argue multiple 'cults' within a larger 'cult-ural context' under the term 'Christianity' that's fine, as most other religion traditions also have sub-schools and branches within their 'mother culture'.

pj

Shasta

pj

The words "bless and curse not" come to mind (Romans 12:14, Luke 6:28)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
And those orders are no more alarming than your avatar :)

There's a fine line between comedy and seriousness about the subject of reality, let alone 'religion' and how that correlates or deviates from reality.

pj

Just humble yourself and be saved. I did and it didn't cost me nothin
I'm goin to glory

Shasta

Your 'belief' in 'hell' does not frighten me. Neither does a traditional-orthodox dogma of Jesus being part of an eternal Trinity (as 'God the Son'), since that concept is just a concept, and can be rejected or accepted with no concern to the great reality that Jesus represents both 'Man' and 'God'. He personally chose the title 'Son of Man' in the synoptics more than any other, - elsewhere he only agreed on being the 'Son of God', and also a 'son' of God like all other human beings are sons of God (does not the scripture say 'ye are gods' and all sons of the Most High?). You may want to focus concern on understanding what a 'Son' is. - one can dive into the wide canyon of 'Christology' here, and choose any 'con-fusion' they want that fits their fashion. Again, slice & dice up 'terms' and their 'definitions' if you wish (mix Jesus up anyway you like).

The historic Christological battles over the centuries are much more interesting than the petty threats or assumptions of going to hell on the whim of a misplaced belief.

pj

Son of Man was one of the most exalted of Messianic titles. It came from Daniel's vision of "one like a son of man" who approached the very throne of God (which was unheard of) and received a Kingdom that was eternal and universal (Daniel 7:13). Jesus probably used the Aramaic bar-enash because it was a less well-known Messianic title.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Humility is of course its own virtue.

pj

You cannot know humility as the Messiah humbled Himself. I know and have believed. There is no work involved only grace and mercy which produces humility in the recipients. If you are not humble it is because you evaluate your own person too highly.

keypurr

Go to hell

As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed! (Galatians 1:9 NASB)

In other words you have no scripture to prove that Jesus is God. You do not show the love of Christ in your words intojoy. You have already been taught the contrary to the words of Jesus. Do you really want folks to go to hell? Wow, such compassion.

Posted from the TOL App!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
'Christianity' is most definitely a 'cult' centered around or upon the personality of Jesus.

I disagree. If Christianity were a cult centered around Jesus those in the cult would follow his teachings and do what he said.

Jesus said that his Father (the Most High) is greater than he. Protestants and Catholics both say no way.

It is recorded three times that Jesus said he is Lord of the Sabbath day. Christians say we don't care, we are going to observe Sunday no matter what you say.

Paul said let us keep the Feast, but who does?

Nope, Christians don't venerate Jesus and they don't do what he says.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
In other words you have no scripture to prove that Jesus is God. You do not show the love of Christ in your words intojoy. You have already been taught the contrary to the words of Jesus. Do you really want folks to go to hell? Wow, such compassion.

Posted from the TOL App!

I do not want anyone to go to hell. You are anathema. You are condemned to hell. Get thee hence satan