Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

Choleric

This thread is still 'entertaining' because its so limited to the creators own 'terms' and 'qualifications'....especially in the world of universal knowledge and light, where these assumptions are only a flitter in the backdrop of infinity....fizzling out at some point. But you know what they say....the 'show' must go on ;)

pj

They are limited to the terms and qualifications of the bible, which emphatically state that Jesus is the only Way, He is the Truth you seek and He is the life. You are in grave error and are headed down a road that it will one day be too late to return from.

Please consider Jesus before it is too late.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Urantia Book is just more Adventist rooted imaginary story-telling and plagarism, much like the Book of Mormon.....just more of it.

"K-E-double L_O double good, Kellogg's best to you!"

I read it in the 70's and though at that time was susceptible to believing these lies, having bought in to the smorgasbord of eastern mysticism, I was very skeptical of the book.

Levi Dowling's book 'The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ', which I read in 1970 and believed much of, is similar in making up stories concerning the years of Jesus' life not mentioned by the legitimate eye-witnesses of His life in the Bible.

glorydaz

That is correct, I know that verse, the view from up here is quite lovely.

I can not so much as see the earth from where I am seated.

It is quite cool to be seated with Jesus Christ at the right hand of the throne of God

Jesus Christ humbled himself and earned that right, (God highly exalted him, Jesus did not highly exalt himself, God did not highly exalt himself) yet I get the free admission to my seat in the heavenlies.

What a wonderful God!

What a wonderful son of God!

oatmeal

Oat, Jesus is everywhere....we are in Him, thus we are seated with him in the heavenlies. Jesus is God and is not confined to any one place.

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

glorydaz

Beyond oats, this saying from Paul indicates a 'spiritual union' that believers have in Christ,...but it in noway necessarily refutes or discounts a Unitarian understanding of things. We all still commune and fellowship with 'God' who is Spirit, which makes our 'worship' and 'fellowship' with-in Him essentially 'spiritual' in nature. One's chosen 'Christology' doesn't necessarily infringe upon this.

pj

The same "our" in Genesis is the "we" from John and Romans. The triune God.

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
corrections.............

corrections.............

The Urantia Book is just more Adventist rooted imaginary story-telling and plagarism, much like the Book of Mormon.....just more of it.

"K-E-double L_O double good, Kellogg's best to you!"

The Urantia Book is MUCH more sophisticated and comprehensive than the Book of Mormon on so many levels,...for starters.

I read it in the 70's and though at that time was susceptible to believing these lies, having bought in to the smorgasbord of eastern mysticism, I was very skeptical of the book.

If you read THE WHOLE BOOK in the 70's you would not compare it with the Book of Mormon, which makes one wonder how much you actually read and understood or even know the content.

Levi Dowling's book 'The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ', which I read in 1970 and believed much of, is similar in making up stories concerning the years of Jesus' life not mentioned by the legitimate eye-witnesses of His life in the Bible.

A wonderful work indeed, touching on the lost years of Jesus holding the universal principles of truth goodness and wisdom, which are central to the good news of God's kingdom. The spiritual laws and principles taught in this work hold their consistency as consonant with the teachings of Jesus.

The 'legitimacy' of the authors of the 4 gospels has been contested, for concerning some we don't really know who the authors are, let alone them being second-hand heresay accounts or reports variously described and compiled. The spiritual truths, principles and wisdom in works such as the UB and Aquarian Gospel still hold their value and application.

There is no reason to believe the 4 canonized gospels contain the whole, total or perfect account of Jesus teachings and works...as John says the world could not contain such volumes. Granted the many different gospels available and circulating in the first few centuries (among apocryphal, gnostic, intertestamental, and modern day revelations/messages and transmissions of our more modern era)....we have a great spectrum of spiritual teachings and resources to draw from, besides the Bible's whose canon was 'prescribed' only at certain time points in human history, conditioned and limited to those times. The Spirit still speaks, as there is progressive revelation.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The same "our" in Genesis is the "we" from John and Romans. The triune God.

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

There is no reason to interject a Trinitarian formulation or concept to recognize that one is in Christ, and that Christ in us, is the hope of glory. That we are temples of the Holy Spirit is a truth unto itself, not needing a 'tri-une' God for it to be.

pj

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Urantia Book is MUCH more sophisticated and comprehensive than the Book of Mormon on so many levels,...for starters.

Yes, indeed!

If you read THE WHOLE BOOK in the 70's you would not compare it with the Book of Mormon, which makes one wonder how much you actually read and understood or even know the content.

I didn't compare the two with regard to sophistication or comprehensiveness. I compared the two with regard to 'made up' and 'plagiarized'.

A wonderful work indeed, touching on the lost years of Jesus holding the universal principles of truth goodness and wisdom, which are central to the good news of God's kingdom. The spiritual laws and principles taught in this work hold their consistency as consonant with the teachings of Jesus.

I don't consider it wonderful. I consider it a made up lie, though I believed it when I had a 'cosmic' pantheistic perspective during that time.
It patronizes Jesus as do all other similar pantheistic cosmic suction pump writings (which just suck everything up and render it their own) to try to gain credibility and to extrude Theism into Pantheism.

The 'legitimacy' of the authors of the 4 gospels has been contested, for concerning some we don't really know who the authors are, let alone them being second-hand heresay accounts or reports variously described and compiled. The spiritual truths, principles and wisdom in works such as the UB and Aquarian Gospel still hold their value and application.

Simon Greenleaf of Harvard, who wrote the book on the methods of examining the evidence of witnesses in a court of law, was challenged by his students to apply his principles to the New Testament writers. His conclusion was that they were reliable beyond a reasonable doubt and as a result he became a New Testament believer. He then wrote a book on it: "Testimony of the Evangelists".

There is no reason to believe the 4 canonized gospels contain the whole, total or perfect account of Jesus teachings and works...as John says the world could not contain such volumes. Granted the many different gospels available and circulating in the first few centuries (among apocryphal, gnostic, intertestamental, and modern day revelations/messages and transmissions of our more modern era)....we have a great spectrum of spiritual teachings and resources to draw from, besides the Bible's whose canon was 'prescribed' only at certain time points in human history, conditioned and limited to those times. The Spirit still speaks, as there is progressive revelation.

What the gospels contain are eye-witness accounts of the miracle proofs that Jesus of Nazareth was the OT prophecied Messiah, that He willingly gave His life on the cross, that He literally died and that He literally came back to life and ascended upward. These infallable proofs as testified by the credible eye witnesses inform us that His truth claims have great bearing on our eternal destiny and welfare and are worth considering seriously as distinct from contrary 'religious' truth claims from other sources.
Apocryphal, gnostic, and intratestamental writings were found to conflict with the teachings of the eye witnesses or other scripture and thus were not accepted as inspired by the growing Church and thus were rejected from canon.
The information contained in the Bible concerning the LORD Jesus is adequate for what He came to accomplish. Anything which a 'spirit' or a man adds to it or detracts from it is delusion and deception.

If I drop one of my micrometers in the shop, the only way I can prove that it is accurate or not is to measure the exact standard gauge which is provided with the instrument. Likewise, I now have a spiritual 'standard' with which to test truth claims from men or 'spirits'.....the
inspired Word of GOD- the Bible.

I rode the cosmic circuit hard-core for many years. I had many profound experiences, read everything available, and though during those years I, likewise, tried to harmonize Jesus' words with the east, when it finally came down to where the rubber meets the road(as they say), I found that , if one is really being honest with himself, it can't be done. The truth is unwavering in Jesus Christ and He stands alone above all else. He is the way, the truth and the life and absolutely no one comes to the true GOD but through Him.

Give it up and ask the Jesus of the Bible to reveal Himself to you as He really is.
I did.
He did.

Psa_34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

oatmeal

Oat, Jesus is everywhere....we are in Him, thus we are seated with him in the heavenlies. Jesus is God and is not confined to any one place.

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Jesus is everywhere?

Do you have any scriptural references?

Could you supply me with some reasoning for supplying the verse you did?

Oh, are the two or three who are gathered together in the name of Jesus Christ everywhere?

Are there two or three in your car at this moment?

How about on the moon?

Bottom of the Marianas trench?

There would have to be two or three gathered together everywhere for Jesus to be everywhere

What about if a believer is alone at this time? Jesus must not be there, for the minimum is two.

Jesus Christ is well aware of his followers, what he need to know God shows him. John 5:19-20,30

oatmeal

oatmeal

Pierac

Actually, your (sic) too dumb to see it. :chuckle:

Matt. 16:28Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Did they see this?

Matt. 21:5-9
Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ***, and a colt the foal of an ***. And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, And brought the ***, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon. And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

Did they see this?

Acts 2:30
Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

What? are you saying Obama is your King? Because Jesus is not in governmental control of this country or even this Earth until he comes back... until then your just another of Obama's followers... who thinks Jesus actually rules this goverment in the Spirit! :maxi:

Really, Babies getting aborted with scissors pushed in the back of their neck while Jesus rules... in the Spirit?
:rolleyes:

You have no understanding of the idea of the coming Kingdom!

Jesus told you to PRAY.... THY KINGDOM COME... Not thy kingdom came and stayed in the Spirit until I come again in the flesh!!! Jesus will reign 1000 years.... it's been over 2000. You still want to claim Jesus is ruling in the Spirit? :rolleyes:

After Jesus' rule is complete... He gives the Kingdom back to His GOD!

1Co 15:25 For He must reign until He (Jesus) has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He (Jesus) says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He (Jesus) is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. (God) 28 When all things are subjected to Him (Jesus' God), then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One (God) who subjected all things to Him (God), so that God may be all in all :readthis:

You have no understanding of Jesus' actual 1000 year reign do you??? :rolleyes:

Think before you post...
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Pierac

Hey Keypurr :wave2: How are you?

Jesus doesn't have a God. He has a Father. Does not the Father give the Son all things?

God the Father and God the Son are coequal.
Philippians 2:5-11

Really.... :think: Jesus doesn't have a God?

Mat 27:46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?" that is, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?"

Grab your theological ankles... Your about to get "owned" with your very own Philippians 2...

Now to Philippians 2... The one that says Jesus Christ "did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself (v. 6-7). It is unfortunate that the Old King James version of the Bible translated this verse completely wrong. It reads that Jesus "thought it not robbery to be equal with God" and gives the impression that as the preexistent God, Jesus did not think there was anything wrong in being considered equal with God.

It ought to be clear by now that this is the exact opposite of what is meant. The whole context of the passage is about being humble, putting God's will and glory first, and serving others’ interest above one's own interest. Although he was in "the form of God" Jesus did not reckon his God-given status as something to be exploited.

This meaning contrast well with the conduct of Adam who unfortunately did consider equality with God anything to be grasped at. Adam wanted to be like God as Genesis 3:5 teaches. Adam tried to grasp at equality with God. But Jesus would not usurp God's authority for selfish advantage. He said, "I came to serve" (Matt. 20:28), not to snatch! At his arrest in the garden, he said, "Do you not think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and He will at once put at my disposal more than 12 legions of angels?" (Matthew 26:53). As the Messiah, God's appointed King, he had every right to call for divine protection. He "emptied himself" of all such Messianic privileges.

Therefore, it can be categorically stated that Philippians 2: 5-11 has nothing to do with Jesus Christ being God in a preexistence state. The importance is really very simple and very practical: how are Christians to conduct themselves in this world? Not by imitating the man Adam who forfeited everything by a grab for power and glory, but by imitating Jesus the Messiah (v.5) who through humility and obedience to God gained it all and more. After all, if Jesus was already God, then verses 9 to 11 are nonsensical. There is no "Therefore also God highly exalted him, and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth." If he was already God, he had this before his birth! No. It is clear that God has given him a new position, a new name (authority), and a new rank that he did not previously possess.

The Greek is very clear here: dio kai means (as in Luke 1:35) "for this reason precisely." Why has God exalted Jesus to His right hand? "Therefore, God has highly exalted him and given him the name above every other name because he is back where he was before as God"? Not at all! He is given the status as a reward for the precise reason that he humbled himself and died. His exalted status is a reward. If we follow the last Adam's pattern, we too will be exalted by God when Christ returns. It is evident, then, that... this hymn does not contained what numerous interpreters seek and find in it: an independent statement about preexistence or even a Christology preexistence… No preexistence of Christ before the world with an independent significance can be recognized even in Philippians 2.

This is the creed of ALL Orthodox Christian Beliefs! All of them!

DEFINITION OF THE COUNCIL OF CHALCEDON (451 AD)

Therefore, following the holy fathers, we all with one accord teach men to acknowledge one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, at once complete in Godhead and complete in manhood, truly God and truly man, consisting also of a reasonable soul and body; of one substance with the Father as regards his Godhead, and at the same time of one substance with us as regards his manhood; like us in all respects, apart from sin; as regards his Godhead, begotten of the Father before the ages, but yet as regards his manhood begotten, bearer; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, Only-begotten, recognized in two natures, without confusion, without change, without division, without separation; the distinction of natures being in no way annulled by the union, but rather the characteristics of each nature being preserved and coming together to form one person and subsistence, not as parted or separated into two persons, but one and the same Son and Only-begotten God the Word, Lord Jesus Christ; even as the prophets from earliest times spoke of him, and our Lord Jesus Christ himself taught us, and the creed of the fathers has handed down to us.

So pay close attention.... The Kenotic Doctrine claims that Jesus emptied himself of his deity. Well, you can simply read in the Chalcedon Creed that it defines Jesus’ nature as fully God and fully man at all times, without division, without separation. You cannot say that you believe in the Trinity and use this excuse. If you subscribe to the Kenotic Doctrine, then you have already rejected the Trinity. You cannot be both.

I love the smell of the traditions of men going down in flames in the morning! :burnlib:

Owned you!!!
Paul

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Really.... :think: Jesus doesn't have a God?

Mat 27:46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?" that is, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?"

Grab your theological ankles... Your about to get "owned" with your very own Philippians 2...

Now to Philippians 2... The one that says Jesus Christ "did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself (v. 6-7). It is unfortunate that the Old King James version of the Bible translated this verse completely wrong. It reads that Jesus "thought it not robbery to be equal with God" and gives the impression that as the preexistent God, Jesus did not think there was anything wrong in being considered equal with God.

It ought to be clear by now that this is the exact opposite of what is meant. The whole context of the passage is about being humble, putting God's will and glory first, and serving others’ interest above one's own interest. Although he was in "the form of God" Jesus did not reckon his God-given status as something to be exploited.

This meaning contrast well with the conduct of Adam who unfortunately did consider equality with God anything to be grasped at. Adam wanted to be like God as Genesis 3:5 teaches. Adam tried to grasp at equality with God. But Jesus would not usurp God's authority for selfish advantage. He said, "I came to serve" (Matt. 20:28), not to snatch! At his arrest in the garden, he said, "Do you not think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and He will at once put at my disposal more than 12 legions of angels?" (Matthew 26:53). As the Messiah, God's appointed King, he had every right to call for divine protection. He "emptied himself" of all such Messianic privileges.

Therefore, it can be categorically stated that Philippians 2: 5-11 has nothing to do with Jesus Christ being God in a preexistence state. The importance is really very simple and very practical: how are Christians to conduct themselves in this world? Not by imitating the man Adam who forfeited everything by a grab for power and glory, but by imitating Jesus the Messiah (v.5) who through humility and obedience to God gained it all and more. After all, if Jesus was already God, then verses 9 to 11 are nonsensical. There is no "Therefore also God highly exalted him, and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth." If he was already God, he had this before his birth! No. It is clear that God has given him a new position, a new name (authority), and a new rank that he did not previously possess.

The Greek is very clear here: dio kai means (as in Luke 1:35) "for this reason precisely." Why has God exalted Jesus to His right hand? "Therefore, God has highly exalted him and given him the name above every other name because he is back where he was before as God"? Not at all! He is given the status as a reward for the precise reason that he humbled himself and died. His exalted status is a reward. If we follow the last Adam's pattern, we too will be exalted by God when Christ returns. It is evident, then, that... this hymn does not contained what numerous interpreters seek and find in it: an independent statement about preexistence or even a Christology preexistence… No preexistence of Christ before the world with an independent significance can be recognized even in Philippians 2.

This is the creed of ALL Orthodox Christian Beliefs! All of them!

DEFINITION OF THE COUNCIL OF CHALCEDON (451 AD)

Therefore, following the holy fathers, we all with one accord teach men to acknowledge one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, at once complete in Godhead and complete in manhood, truly God and truly man, consisting also of a reasonable soul and body; of one substance with the Father as regards his Godhead, and at the same time of one substance with us as regards his manhood; like us in all respects, apart from sin; as regards his Godhead, begotten of the Father before the ages, but yet as regards his manhood begotten, bearer; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, Only-begotten, recognized in two natures, without confusion, without change, without division, without separation; the distinction of natures being in no way annulled by the union, but rather the characteristics of each nature being preserved and coming together to form one person and subsistence, not as parted or separated into two persons, but one and the same Son and Only-begotten God the Word, Lord Jesus Christ; even as the prophets from earliest times spoke of him, and our Lord Jesus Christ himself taught us, and the creed of the fathers has handed down to us.

So pay close attention.... The Kenotic Doctrine claims that Jesus emptied himself of his deity. Well, you can simply read in the Chalcedon Creed that it defines Jesus’ nature as fully God and fully man at all times, without division, without separation. You cannot say that you believe in the Trinity and use this excuse. If you subscribe to the Kenotic Doctrine, then you have already rejected the Trinity. You cannot be both.

I love the smell of the traditions of men going down in flames in the morning! :burnlib:

Owned you!!!

Paul

You lost my interest with the Periac theme song "grab your theological ankles" There must not have been too much of a theological nature to say after that.

Lon

Now to Philippians 2... blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah....

Owned you!!!
Paul
You really are an arrogant cuss and have no right to be.

You :loser:'ed, yet, once again. Epic fail.

ὑπάρχω μορφή Give me just one arian/unitarian who knows what this means. Just one :doh:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He must be desperate if he has to resort so such a rude idiom. He doesn't own anyone.

Pierac is an uncouth lout.

Lon

Grab your theological ankles... Your about to get "owned" ...
Paul

"I have read, and agree to abide by the Theology Online | Christian Forums & More rules."

ZA001117940.gif
Remember checking this when you signed up here? Does your word/promise mean anything to you?
Apparently not, because you persist even though you promised in coming to TOL that you'd follow mod directions.
I have 1 (one) warning. Know why? Because when a mod told me something was against TOL rules, I stopped doing it! Does your word and promise mean anything? Is this breaking your word a good Christian character trait in your mind?

:wave2: Eventually I'll never see you again...

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jesus on the hotseat........

Jesus on the hotseat........

They are limited to the terms and qualifications of the bible, which emphatically state that Jesus is the only Way, He is the Truth you seek and He is the life.

Yes, Jesus is the Son of God and certainly a way-shower, the avatar of love, yet your 'terms' are predicated upon a particular 'interpretation' of 'theology' in how this Jesus is the only way, and 'assumes' it is the only correct (orthodox) way to accept, according to certain definitions. What proof can you provide that your 'version' or 'interpretation' is the only valid, correct or absolute one to the exclusion of other points of view? The Bible or I should say the NT is not the only record or accounting of the life and teachings of Jesus (not only did the compliers leave out many books about Jesus, but we've had other revelations since 2,000 years ago about Jesus and his teachings, and some have claimed even from Jesus himself thru various mediums).

You are in grave error and are headed down a road that it will one day be too late to return from.

I have no fear whatsoever based on the above assumption, because I Am quite grounded in the reality that actually exists, which we can call 'God', but is quite beyond any mental concept, yet all-pervading and all-sustaining nonetheless. Since this reality that always already exists.....is the only original truth that IS....it has no 'error', but only deviations and mental constructs the mind superimposes upon it. This pure awareness that gives rise to existence, consciousness, bliss (sat chit ananda) is the pure 'Brahman' from which all concepts of 'God/Goddess' spring.

Please consider Jesus before it is too late.

I've amply considered the Master Jesus from many angles, schools and perspectives which illustriously honors and glorifies this wonderful personality. The traditional-orthodox 'presentation' or 'concept' of Jesus is by no means the 'only' one existing, neither necessarily a perfect one.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
proofs beyond doubt.......

proofs beyond doubt.......

I didn't compare the two with regard to sophistication or comprehensiveness. I compared the two with regard to 'made up' and 'plagiarized'.

I don't consider it wonderful. I consider it a made up lie, though I believed it when I had a 'cosmic' pantheistic perspective during that time.
It patronizes Jesus as do all other similar pantheistic cosmic suction pump writings (which just suck everything up and render it their own) to try to gain credibility and to extrude Theism into Pantheism.

Simon Greenleaf of Harvard, who wrote the book on the methods of examining the evidence of witnesses in a court of law, was challenged by his students to apply his principles to the New Testament writers. His conclusion was that they were reliable beyond a reasonable doubt and as a result he became a New Testament believer. He then wrote a book on it: "Testimony of the Evangelists".

What the gospels contain are eye-witness accounts of the miracle proofs that Jesus of Nazareth was the OT prophecied Messiah, that He willingly gave His life on the cross, that He literally died and that He literally came back to life and ascended upward. These infallable proofs as testified by the credible eye witnesses inform us that His truth claims have great bearing on our eternal destiny and welfare and are worth considering seriously as distinct from contrary 'religious' truth claims from other sources.
Apocryphal, gnostic, and intratestamental writings were found to conflict with the teachings of the eye witnesses or other scripture and thus were not accepted as inspired by the growing Church and thus were rejected from canon.
The information contained in the Bible concerning the LORD Jesus is adequate for what He came to accomplish. Anything which a 'spirit' or a man adds to it or detracts from it is delusion and deception.

If I drop one of my micrometers in the shop, the only way I can prove that it is accurate or not is to measure the exact standard gauge which is provided with the instrument. Likewise, I now have a spiritual 'standard' with which to test truth claims from men or 'spirits'.....the
inspired Word of GOD- the Bible.

I rode the cosmic circuit hard-core for many years. I had many profound experiences, read everything available, and though during those years I, likewise, tried to harmonize Jesus' words with the east, when it finally came down to where the rubber meets the road(as they say), I found that , if one is really being honest with himself, it can't be done. The truth is unwavering in Jesus Christ and He stands alone above all else. He is the way, the truth and the life and absolutely no one comes to the true GOD but through Him.

Give it up and ask the Jesus of the Bible to reveal Himself to you as He really is.
I did.
He did.

Psa_34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

How do you know your version or interpretation of theology is better than others, the only correct one, or more perfect than any others...besides your own personal belief, preference and assumption that such is the case? It comes down to your 'say-so' and current 'con-clusion' of what you've accepted as 'true', in contrast to other points of view.

Can you prove that your view is 'unconditional' and not subject to change? Many have changed their view on points of theology, views on 'God', and even adopted new religious traditions and spiritual pathways. No one holds the golden 'custodian' key on Jesus and his teachings, since beyond a few historical records and second hand accounts...much is prone to speculation and assumption, although assisted by newer revelations and new found discoveries giving us more light on the person of Jesus.

pj

Lon

Hey guys, here's a list of people I think are going to hell. Roteirs? Oh that sounds yummy! What?!
Was probably tongue-in-cheek from both at the time something the like of:

Eeset: "This thread isn't as interesting/on par as 'you telling me where you ate last night.'"

Choleric: "(Oh brother, here we go again :doh:) 'No, sounds lovely...:nono: .'"

My guess anyway.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

That is more spiritualism of the new age gurus.

Jesus is the son of God and therefore a man who is arisen into Heaven, bodily.

LA