ECT Satan and Preterism

Interplanner

Prophecies cannot be wrong. If a prophecy fails then it is not of God. But you say that the Lord Jesus' prophecy found at Matthew 24:29 failed.

That is your approach to the Scriptures. Instead of admitting you made a mistake you blame it on the LORD. What the Apostles thought about the kingdom being restored to Israel was wrong according to your view but you are right!

You are a sad case1

First, to compliment you, you have always thought about your answer. I appreciate that. I mean in true debating style, you have a counter. I'm saying this because I accidentally read a recent response by STP whose ability to discuss is nil. I have him on ignore for that reason.

But I think you have missed too much of the picture. The real statement here by Jesus is that there is not going to be a golden age for Judaism. Can you not see that? Lk 21 is the most emphatic on this, saying that the events of 70 are all the wrath of God written pertaining to Israel, which concurs with 2 Th 1. (Luke's material is essential transcription of Paul anyway).

Since that event was the 2nd destruction, and happened auspiciously on the same week of the year as the first, I really don't see anything else happening to Israel--if I am to take Lk 21 with plain non-2P2P meaning.

You have decided that this prophecy stuff is a perfect transcript like a time sequence for a NASA launch. Good luck with that. I do not think it is anything of the sort. So that is your problem. When you do the numbers in the Rev, and get half way through and there is -275% people and places and things on the stage... you realize it must mean something else.

Now on the delay problem. Why is it "wrong" for God to delay the destruction of the world? Isn't 2 Peter 3 part of all this too? Notice again the basic features of what I'm saying:

1, Mt24A (up to 29) is about 1st century Judea
2, Mt24B is worldwide and was expected right after. But Christ says only a few verses later that only the Father knows when this (worldwide things) would happen. I believe he set-up and validated what 2 Peter 3 would say later.

The church historian Lattourrette therefore says that what the surviving apostles concluded after Masada happened in 72 is the settled view of all this. They continued to do the mission. That's all there is to say about it.

In Genesis 6, God has emotions about creating man. I believe he has emotions about ending the world, too.

Interplanner

First, to compliment you, you have always thought about your answer. I appreciate that. I mean in true debating style, you have a counter. I'm saying this because I accidentally read a recent response by STP whose ability to discuss is nil. I have him on ignore for that reason.

But I think you have missed too much of the picture. The real statement here by Jesus is that there is not going to be a golden age for Judaism. Can you not see that? Lk 21 is the most emphatic on this, saying that the events of 70 are all the wrath of God written pertaining to Israel, which concurs with 2 Th 1. (Luke's material is essential transcription of Paul anyway).

Since that event was the 2nd destruction, and happened auspiciously on the same week of the year as the first, I really don't see anything else happening to Israel--if I am to take Lk 21 with plain non-2P2P meaning.

You have decided that this prophecy stuff is a perfect transcript like a time sequence for a NASA launch. Good luck with that. I do not think it is anything of the sort. So that is your problem. When you do the numbers in the Rev, and get half way through and there is -275% people and places and things on the stage... you realize it must mean something else.

Now on the delay problem. Why is it "wrong" for God to delay the destruction of the world? Isn't 2 Peter 3 part of all this too? Notice again the basic features of what I'm saying:

1, Mt24A (up to 29) is about 1st century Judea
2, Mt24B is worldwide and was expected right after. But Christ says only a few verses later that only the Father knows when this (worldwide things) would happen. I believe he set-up and validated what 2 Peter 3 would say later.

The church historian Lattourrette therefore says that what the surviving apostles concluded after Masada happened in 72 is the settled view of all this. They continued to do the mission. That's all there is to say about it.

In Genesis 6, God has emotions about creating man. I believe he has emotions about ending the world, too.

Re Jerry's post there: to delay is not to fail. It's funny to hear Jerry, when it is apparently OK with him if X000 years is put between 'week 69' and 'week 70' of 70 otherwise sequential times.

SaulToPaul 2

Re Jerry's post there: to delay is not to fail. It's funny to hear Jerry, when it is apparently OK with him if X000 years is put between 'week 69' and 'week 70' of 70 otherwise sequential times.

Why is it ok for you put a gap between 69 and 70, but not Jerry?
What is the greek word for hypocrite?

Reactions: Lon