SALVATION: A Gift From God

Robert Pate

Banned
Salvation is God's great FREE GIFT for all of humanity. A gift cannot be earned or deserved, otherwise it would not be a free gift. If God imposed salvation (Calvinism) then it is no longer a gift, it is an imposition and not a gift. If you have to do anything to be saved other than to have faith, then it is a work of the law. This is why Paul wrote,

"For by grace are you saved (not by predestination or religion) through faith: and not that of yourselves (your works or obedience) it is the gift of God, Ephesians 2:8.

A gift is not yours until it is received. It is not enough to just know that the gift is available, it must be received by faith. If you don't receive the gift, then it is not yours.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the Son's of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

Salvation is about hearing and believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Everyone that was saved in the New Testament were saved because they heard and believed the Gospel, Acts 2:41. They heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and they were saved. This is why Paul wrote,

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" which is the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

God created man to receive. Everything in life comes from God, even our salvation. God gave us ears to hear and a mind to believe. No one is blinded to the Gospel, all have the ability to hear and believe the Gospel, but not all want to hear and believe the Gospel. I have had people tell me that they would rather go to hell than accept Christ as their savior. In the end God will give everyone what they want.

"But not as the offense, so also is the FREE GIFT" Romans 5:15

"The GIFT by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ" Romans 5:15.

"And not as it was by one that sinned (Adam) so is the GIFT" Romans 5:16.

"But the FREE GIFT is of many offences unto justification" Romans 5:16

"The GIFT of righteousness shall reign in life by one Jesus Christ" Romans 5:17.

"Even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

To reject God's great FREE GIFT of salvation is to condemn yourself to eternal damnation. That was God's only begotten Son dying on the cross for your sins. To reject that is indeed a serious thing to do.

beloved57

Salvation is God's great FREE GIFT for all of humanity. A gift cannot be earned or deserved, otherwise it would not be a free gift. If God imposed salvation (Calvinism) then it is no longer a gift, it is an imposition and not a gift. If you have to do anything to be saved other than to have faith, then it is a work of the law. This is why Paul wrote,

"For by grace are you saved (not by predestination or religion) through faith: and not that of yourselves (your works or obedience) it is the gift of God, Ephesians 2:8.

A gift is not yours until it is received. It is not enough to just know that the gift is available, it must be received by faith. If you don't receive the gift, then it is not yours.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the Son's of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

Salvation is about hearing and believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Everyone that was saved in the New Testament were saved because they heard and believed the Gospel, Acts 2:41. They heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and they were saved. This is why Paul wrote,

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" which is the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

God created man to receive. Everything in life comes from God, even our salvation. God gave us ears to hear and a mind to believe. No one is blinded to the Gospel, all have the ability to hear and believe the Gospel, but not all want to hear and believe the Gospel. I have had people tell me that they would rather go to hell than accept Christ as their savior. In the end God will give everyone what they want.

"The GIFT of righteousness shall reign in life by one Jesus Christ" Romans 5:17.

"Even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

To reject God's great FREE GIFT of salvation is to condemn yourself to eternal damnation. That was God's only begotten Son dying on the cross for your sins. To reject that is indeed a serious thing to do.

False teaching. You believe that sinners Christ died for remain lost ! That denies the Gift of God through Jesus Christ !

beloved57

pate
To reject God's great FREE GIFT of salvation is to condemn yourself to eternal damnation.

This is a lie. Also it says people for whom Christ died to save, are penalized for acting like sinners !

Robert Pate

Banned
False teaching. You believe that sinners Christ died for remain lost ! That denies the Gift of God through Jesus Christ !

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

But there are many like yourself that refuse to accept God's great FREE GIFT of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ and are eternally damned.

beloved57

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

But there are many like yourself that refuse to accept God's great FREE GIFT of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ and are eternally damned.

False teaching. You don't believe that Christ death saved them He died for, that's unbelief !

Truster

Salvation was purchased by the Messiah. It is a gift, but adding free, which doesn't appear in the scriptures, cheapens the gift. There was a pre-evangelism (promise) in which everything necessary to make salvation possible was brought into being. Kings and kingdoms were both risen up and cast down.
As I pointed out Messiah cried, “It is paid” and therefore the heirs receive the gift by grace through no work of their own, because the work has been done, the price has been paid and the means supplied.

The Holy Spirit didn’t use the term free so why do you insist on using it?

eider

I see this, the Divine words of God, as passed down through his ordained Apostle Paul:-

ROMANS {3:22} Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: {3:23} For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; {3:24} Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Could Robert be right?

Robert Pate

Banned
Salvation was purchased by the Messiah. It is a gift, but adding free, which doesn't appear in the scriptures, cheapens the gift. There was a pre-evangelism (promise) in which everything necessary to make salvation possible was brought into being. Kings and kingdoms were both risen up and cast down.
As I pointed out Messiah cried, “It is paid” and therefore the heirs receive the gift by grace through no work of their own, because the work has been done, the price has been paid and the means supplied.

Robert Pate

Banned
I see this, the Divine words of God, as passed down through his ordained Apostle Paul:-

ROMANS {3:22} Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: {3:23} For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; {3:24} Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Could Robert be right?

Robert is right. My King James Bible says that salvation is a FREE gift from God, Romans 5:16, Romans 5:18.

Truster

Could Robert be right?

The correct English translation would be, Verse 24, Being justified gratuitously by His charism...

Free gift does not glorify the Messiah. Check my signature for an explanation.

Truster

Robert is right. My King James Bible says that salvation is a FREE gift from God, Romans 5:16, Romans 5:18.

That is not the correct translation. KJV does not always convey what the original conveyed so they just picked the closest English word and gave little or no thought to what they were doing.

Robert Pate

Banned
That is not the correct translation. KJV does not always convey what the original conveyed so they just picked the closest English word and gave little or no thought to what they were doing.

So, you have become the authority about what the Bible says.

If the Bible says that salvation is a gift from God, then it would have to be a free gift, otherwise it is not a gift and must be something that one has to earn. Now what do you a sinner, have to offer God, that will merit your salvation. Maybe you think that you are one of those special chosen ones.

Truster

So, you have become the authority about what the Bible says.

If the Bible says that salvation is a gift from God, then it would have to be a free gift, otherwise it is not a gift and must be something that one has to earn. Now what do you a sinner, have to offer God, that will merit your salvation. Maybe you think that you are one of those special chosen ones.

I was going to spend some time typing up the correct translations of the words is question, but your attitude is not one of someone who hungers for the truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
I was going to spend some time typing up the correct translations of the words is question, but your attitude is not one of someone who hungers for the truth.

Good, I have a Bible and it says that salvation is a FREE GIFT from God. Not once but several times.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Truster,

A gift is paid for by the "Gift Provider". It is "Free" to the "Gift Receiver". This is implied... in the word "GIFT".

"a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present" ... GIFT

Would it not be insulting if you saved up to purchase a give for someone out of Love and they look at you when they give it to them... and say... "I can't accept this without paying you something for it."

Oh... and Matthew 10:8 ... look Truster... it's Jesus... our Lord and God explaining how to receive and give the "GIFTS" He gives.

:D

Robert Pate

Banned
Truster,

A gift is paid for by the "Gift Provider". It is "Free" to the "Gift Receiver". This is implied... in the word "GIFT".

"a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present" ... GIFT

Would it not be insulting if you saved up to purchase a give for someone out of Love and they look at you when they give it to them... and say... "I can't accept this without paying you something for it."

Oh... and Matthew 10:8 ... look Truster... it's Jesus... our Lord and God explaining how to receive and give the "GIFTS" He gives.

:D

Some people want to earn or deserve everything. They are to proud to accept a free gift. More than once I have tried to help someone that needed help, only to be told to get lost.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why does pate work to earn salvation?

No one can earn salvation by works.

The work of salvation has already been done by Jesus Christ. The call now is enter into this salvation by faith.

Jesus has already reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Why do you continue to try and enter into the sheepfold some other way? John 10:1.

beloved57

No one can earn salvation by works.

The work of salvation has already been done by Jesus Christ. The call now is enter into this salvation by faith.

Jesus has already reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Why do you continue to try and enter into the sheepfold some other way? John 10:1.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost !