Sacrifices

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
I am sorry but He died for me, and not as a human sacrifice.

He laid down his own life in obedience to God. "Not my will but your will be done". Luke 22:42

All who are baptized into Christ benefit from his sacrifice because God has accepted his sacrifice to atone for sin.

John 10:17-18
Rom 8:3
Heb 7:26-27
Heb 9:11-12

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He laid down his own life in obedience to God. "Not my will but your will be done". Luke 22:42

All who are baptized into Christ benefit from his sacrifice because God has accepted his sacrifice to atone for sin.

John 10:17-18
Rom 8:3
Heb 7:26-27
Heb 9:11-12

He offered up Himself is different from a human sacrifice.

Oleander

Back to the original question:

Did the killers of Jesus killed him as an offering to God OR:

as a simple criminal deserve to be killed???

Aimiel

I believe that Jesus died to pay the penalty for my sin, but I do not believe that it was a human sacrifice.
He was all-God but He was also all-human. A Human was sacrificed by Caiaphas' request. Never having sinned, He was not being punished, but because He was without sin: He could substitute His Life in replacement for your death that He suffered.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He was all-God but He was also all-human. A Human was sacrificed by Caiaphas' request. Never having sinned, He was not being punished, but because He was without sin: He could substitute His Life in replacement for your death that He suffered.

He was not being sacrificed. That is where you are wrong.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He wasn't sacrificed?

Then why do they call Him "The Lamb of God, who takes away the sin the world"?

Is that not what a sacrificial lamb symbolized in ancient Israel?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He wasn't sacrificed?

A sacrifice is different than if we or anyone sacrificed Him. We have to be careful with these things. Even calling Him a sacrifice, if justified, should only be according to scripture.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Nope. No one is responsible for anyone else's sins. The sins Jesus carried were ours, not His. He was completely without sin.

I'm not saying we are responsible for Adam's sin.

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned. Rom 5:12

Adam sinned by eating the forbidden fruit and was sentenced to death. The death penalty has passed to all man because when Adam sinned we all sinned. All that means is that we share the same flesh as blood nature as Adam. We are all born in Adam and the nature he had when he sinned we all have. Therefore, the nature is what was sentenced to death and that same nature sinned in Adam. Adam represents all flesh and blood man.

Jesus shared the same nature that has been sentenced to die. Therefore, Jesus also sinned in Adam by sharing his nature. It's simply a matter of having the misfortune of being born in Adam.

Jesus overcame the sinful nature by personally committing no sin. What was condemned on the cross was that nature we all share being in Adam. The only way we can escape the death penalty of being in Adam is to be in Christ. Adam disobeyed God and brought death to all. Christ obeyed God and brings life to all in him.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned

It is a law of God that without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins. Jesus is the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.

There is an inheritance available to all who believe the gospel and are baptized into Christ. The inheritance comes from the covenant God made with Abraham and his seed. That covenant is called the new testament and it is dedicated by the blood of Christ who is the mediator of that covenant.

"And as they were eating Jesus took bread and blessed it and break it and gave it to his disciples and said Take eat this is my body. And he took the cup and gave thanks and gave it to them saying Drink ye all of it for this is my blood of the new testament which is shed for many for the remission of sins".

Therefore, Jesus' blood was shed for the remission of sins for all the heirs of promise under the new testament.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
A sacrifice is different than if we or anyone sacrificed Him. We have to be careful with these things. Even calling Him a sacrifice, if justified, should only be according to scripture.

Jesus had a command of his Father to lay down his life. Jesus obeyed and offered up his own life to save all the heirs of promise. He sacrificed his own life in obedience to God.

Oleander

He wasn't sacrificed?

>>> All sacrifices were command for un intentional sins as penalty.
You don't believe me, then show me what kind of sacrifice the killer had to offer?
God, the prophets and Jesus all condemn the practice of sacrifices.

God never required sacrifices, but just and love. (Micah 6:8 )

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
>>> All sacrifices were command for un intentional sins as penalty.
You don't believe me, then show me what kind of sacrifice the killer had to offer?
God, the prophets and Jesus all condemn the practice of sacrifices.

God never required sacrifices, but just and love. (Micah 6:8 )

The sacrifices under the old covenant were a shadow of the true sacrifice. Jesus.

The sacrifices under the old covenant were to make atonement for sin. The High priest would enter the most holy place with the blood of the sacrifice to make atonement for himself and the people. The high priest had to do this every year because a new sacrifice had to be continually made every year for sins. Jesus' sacrifice, as High Priest, need only made once for all because he ever lives to make atonement by his one time sacrifice.

The point being, that the blood of bulls and goats could never make the people perfect and give them eternal life. Even the High Priest died. There was always a consciousness of sin and therefore a new sacrifice.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is a law of God that without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins. Jesus is the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.

There is an inheritance available to all who believe the gospel and are baptized into Christ. The inheritance comes from the covenant God made with Abraham and his seed. That covenant is called the new testament and it is dedicated by the blood of Christ who is the mediator of that covenant.

"And as they were eating Jesus took bread and blessed it and break it and gave it to his disciples and said Take eat this is my body. And he took the cup and gave thanks and gave it to them saying Drink ye all of it for this is my blood of the new testament which is shed for many for the remission of sins".

Therefore, Jesus' blood was shed for the remission of sins for all the heirs of promise under the new testament.

Jesus had a command of his Father to lay down his life. Jesus obeyed and offered up his own life to save all the heirs of promise. He sacrificed his own life in obedience to God.

Some good thoughts, thank you.

Aimiel

His sacrifice is what gives you eternal life. Were He NOT sacrificed: there would be eternal life for NO ONE. What part of Jesus' Sacrifice do you NOT understand? He was called, "The Lamb of God," just for that reason. His Blood is The Only Blood that could be accepted upon The Mercy Seat in Heaven. His Sacrifice was symbolized by every sacrifice that God ever called for. The annual sacrifice of a spotless lamb by the High Priest for the sins of all of Israel was the most important of all. When Caiaphas said that Jesus was dying for the entire nation he opened the door to that sacrifice being replaced by Jesus. Jesus, Himself, said that He was being put to death for the sins of many. Had He been assassinated by Judas or some nutcase with a sword, there would not have been redemption from sin. Since the High Priest said Jesus was dying for the entire nation and called for His death and Him being put to death: God could accept Christ's Blood as payment for our sins.

Aimiel

I'm not saying we are responsible for Adam's sin.

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned. Rom 5:12

Adam sinned by eating the forbidden fruit and was sentenced to death. The death penalty has passed to all man because when Adam sinned we all sinned. All that means is that we share the same flesh as blood nature as Adam. We are all born in Adam and the nature he had when he sinned we all have. Therefore, the nature is what was sentenced to death and that same nature sinned in Adam. Adam represents all flesh and blood man.

Jesus shared the same nature that has been sentenced to die. Therefore, Jesus also sinned in Adam by sharing his nature. It's simply a matter of having the misfortune of being born in Adam.

Jesus overcame the sinful nature by personally committing no sin. What was condemned on the cross was that nature we all share being in Adam. The only way we can escape the death penalty of being in Adam is to be in Christ. Adam disobeyed God and brought death to all. Christ obeyed God and brings life to all in him.
Wrong. Jesus NEVER sinned. He was put to death illegally. Because He was put to death never having deserved the wages of sin (death) He is allowed to impute His Death to whomsoever He wills. That is you and me. We get His Life in exchange for our death which He suffered. His Death was not because He sinned. The ONLY reason that He was able to die is the fact that Scripture states that whosoever is hanged upon a tree is accursed. He didn't hang Himself; so He did not sin. He became sin, for our sakes. He died the death of someone who is accursed, even though He never sinned. That mis-carriage of justice is what allows Him to substitute His Death for ours. We have paid our debt to sin: death, by partaking of His Death. We now have His Eternal Life in exchange for it. That's how God looks at us as if we've never sinned. Our death-sentence has been paid in full. Jesus died in our place. He never sinned. He didn't deserve death. Had He not been hanged upon a tree: He never could have died.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
His sacrifice is what gives you eternal life. Were He NOT sacrificed: there would be eternal life for NO ONE. What part of Jesus' Sacrifice do you NOT understand? He was called, "The Lamb of God," just for that reason. His Blood is The Only Blood that could be accepted upon The Mercy Seat in Heaven. His Sacrifice was symbolized by every sacrifice that God ever called for. The annual sacrifice of a spotless lamb by the High Priest for the sins of all of Israel was the most important of all. When Caiaphas said that Jesus was dying for the entire nation he opened the door to that sacrifice being replaced by Jesus. Jesus, Himself, said that He was being put to death for the sins of many. Had He been assassinated by Judas or some nutcase with a sword, there would not have been redemption from sin. Since the High Priest said Jesus was dying for the entire nation and called for His death and Him being put to death: God could accept Christ's Blood as payment for our sins.

Shalom.

Yes. Yeshua is the Lamb of God and our Passover, but He was murdered not sacrificed.

Aimiel

Sacrificed. Had He been murdered, His Blood would not have been acceptable. There was a reason that the High Priest said that Jesus should die for the whole nation. There was a reason that it was the High Priest calling upon the Romans to put Jesus to death. There was a reason for Jesus being put to death on Passover. It's because He is The Lamb of God, Who's Sacrifice paid the debt for our sins so that the Angel of Death cannot touch us. It is His Blood that makes the difference. We eat His Flesh and drink His Blood for a reason. It's to give us His Life in exchange for our death-sentence.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sacrificed. Had He been murdered, His Blood would not have been acceptable. There was a reason that the High Priest said that Jesus should die for the whole nation. There was a reason that it was the High Priest calling upon the Romans to put Jesus to death. There was a reason for Jesus being put to death on Passover. It's because He is The Lamb of God, Who's Sacrifice paid the debt for our sins so that the Angel of Death cannot touch us. It is His Blood that makes the difference. We eat His Flesh and drink His Blood for a reason. It's to give us His Life in exchange for our death-sentence.
Then why does it say whose murderers you have become.