Sacrifices

Oleander

What was the intention of the killers of Jesus:

To offer him as a sacrifice to God, Or

To punish him as criminal?

Aimiel

The High Priest, Caiaphas, was incensed that someone who rode into Jerusalem on a donkey (fulfilling prophecy) about Whom he had heard that He was being called: "The Son of God," might upset the status quo in Jerusalem and get rid of him as high priest and maybe even take over as spiritual leader in the Jewish Synagogue. Not only did the fact that Caiaphas called for Jesus' death cause the Romans to put Him to death but it also constituted a legal sacrifice under Mosaic law.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
The rulers of the Jews would have him put to death for blasphemy and law breaker. The Romans would not consent to those charges. It was not until Jesus made the good confession to be king that the Romans consented. Only Caesar could be king.

Oleander

The rulers of the Jews would have him put to death for blasphemy and law breaker. The Romans would not consent to those charges. It was not until Jesus made the good confession to be king that the Romans consented. Only Caesar could be king.

>>> Where Jesus made the good confession to be the king of the Jews?

Aimiel

>>> Where in Moses Law, constituted, putting a man to die became a legal sacrifice?
Passover. The apostles were taught the significance of the Passover when they ate His Flesh and drank His Blood. This was a mystery up until that very night. The substitutionary sacrifice, done once a year for all Israel, required a spotless lamb and Jesus is That Lamb, slain from the foundation of the world. It was the mere fact that Caiaphas called for Jesus' death that He was killed and that order having come from a High Priest, along with Caiaphas' own prophecy regarding Jesus dying for the whole nation of Israel that God accepted Jesus' death as substitution for the sins of whosoever might believe upon Him as such. God called for Abraham to sacrifice Isaac and then provided a sheep as substitute. He called for us to die for our sins (the wages of sin is death) and then provided a Lamb for substitute. He took my sins and yours and whomsoever might believe in Him and was put to death for all those sins of all those who believe. It isn't spelled out anywhere in words, since God chose to keep this ace up His Sleeve until the time to reveal it. It is the greatest bait and switch trick ever played. He did the same thing when He got President Trump elected. God is sneaky, that's all there is to it. One of His names: Jehovah Sneaky!!!

Aimiel

No. Jesus died for me. He is our Passover. He rose from the dead. Are you talking about resurrection? My faith is not in vain. I indeed believe that Jesus rose from the dead.
He rose because He was accepted, by God, as having been sacrificed for sin. His Blood was sprinkled upon The Mercy Seat in Heaven and God accepted that Blood and sees it as payment for your sins. That's the reason that God had Caiaphas call for Jesus' death: so that He could accept Him as substitutionary sacrifice for your death in payment for your debt owed. You were a sinner but Jesus took your death and gave you His Life. God said, "Jacob has died to his sins. He now has Jesus' Life Eternally, because of the Great Exchange. :thumb:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He rose because He was accepted, by God, as having been sacrificed for sin. His Blood was sprinkled upon The Mercy Seat in Heaven and God accepted that Blood and sees it as payment for your sins. That's the reason that God had Caiaphas call for Jesus' death: so that He could accept Him as substitutionary sacrifice for your death in payment for your debt owed. You were a sinner but Jesus took your death and gave you His Life. God said, "Jacob has died to his sins. He now has Jesus' Life Eternally, because of the Great Exchange. :thumb:
Maybe something can be improved in what you are saying, as I am not for human sacrifice.

Aimiel

Maybe something can be improved in what you are saying, as I am not for human sacrifice.
It was acceptable once. It was planned from before the foundation of the world. It is the ultimate event of all of history. It split our calendar in two. Sharing His Gospel is the reason for creation. The substitutionary death of Christ upon the cross is the most important thing that ever happened. God died that day. Without eating His Flesh and drinking His Blood: you have no life in you. He is The One and Only Way into Heaven.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It was acceptable once. It was planned from before the foundation of the world. It is the ultimate event of all of history. It split our calendar in two. Sharing His Gospel is the reason for creation. The substitutionary death of Christ upon the cross is the most important thing that ever happened. God died that day. Without eating His Flesh and drinking His Blood: you have no life in you. He is The One and Only Way into Heaven.

I believe that Jesus died to pay the penalty for my sin, but I do not believe that it was a human sacrifice.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was not a substitute, he was a representative mortal man. What had to be made a sacrifice was the mortal flesh and blood human nature that all man share and of whom all man sinned in Adam. Adam's sin brought death to all mankind and in him all mankind sinned because all share that same flesh and blood nature.

Even Jesus sinned in Adam being of the same flesh and blood nature as all the rest of mankind. Adam is called the natural man made of dust. he is earthy, of the earth.

When Jesus was raised from the dead he is called "the man from heaven", meaning that he had been raised (born) by the spirit of holiness by the resurrection from the dead. God says of Jesus when he was raised: "thou art my son, this day have I begotten you". First comes the natural man, made from the earth (mortal), then comes the spiritual man,raised in glory, and an immortal man.

Rom 5:12
Heb 2:14-17
Heb 5:1-5
Heb 4:14-16
Rom 8:3
1 Cor 15:46-47
Rom 1:3-4
Acts 13:32-33

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was not a substitute, he was a representative mortal man. What had to be made a sacrifice was the mortal flesh and blood human nature that all man share and of whom all man sinned in Adam. Adam's sin brought death to all mankind and in him all mankind sinned because all share that same flesh and blood nature.

Even Jesus sinned in Adam being of the same flesh and blood nature as all the rest of mankind. Adam is called the natural man made of dust. he is earthy, of the earth.

When Jesus was raised from the dead he is called "the man from heaven", meaning that he had been raised (born) by the spirit of holiness by the resurrection from the dead. God says of Jesus when he was raised: "thou art my son, this day have I begotten you". First comes the natural man, made from the earth (mortal), then comes the spiritual man,raised in glory, and an immortal man.

Rom 5:12
Heb 2:14-17
Heb 5:1-5
Heb 4:14-16
Rom 8:3
1 Cor 15:46-47
Rom 1:3-4
Acts 13:32-33
I am sorry but He died for me, and not as a human sacrifice.