SABBATH KEEPING

God's Truth

Your mistake in your above post is that the Bible equates lust and covetousness. To lust after your neighbor's wife/husband is to covet them first. To desire what you should not, cannot have. Both the Strong's Concordance and the English dictionaries say they are synonyms by definition, i.e. words that mean the same thing.

The Bible also attributes lust to the inordinate desire for things other than sexual desire.

I go by what Jesus says not Mr. Strong.

God is the one who made it two different commands.

Do not commit adultery.

Do not covet your neighbors wife.

One is about just having sex, and the other is about wanting her for your own wife.

Is David really saying that they only wanted meat to use it to have sex with it? Of course not. He's saying they wanted meat more than they wanted the manna from heaven. In other words, they had an inordinate desire for the things of earth more than the things of heavenly origin. David uses the word meaning lust to describe that state of mind. That state of mind can also be described by the word covet. They coveted the meat of this world and did not desire the food of heavenly origin.
You sound ridiculous trying to change the word 'lust' to 'covet'. You would think after you thought it out you would figure it out, but you didn't.

God's Truth

you mean the One that showed me that WHEN I LOVE AS HE LOVES I FULFILL THE LAW AS HE DOES? I mean He kept His Father’s Law and taught we are to do the same to abide in His Love and be one with them as they are...

Would be odd expecting to be ONE with them while doing different and defiling things instead of WHAT THEY AS ONE ARE DOING...yeah dig?

you mean the Celts who were falling back to their own ways when they did NOT know Yah...or better He did not know them in their pagan disobedience not their keeping TORAH...He would know them there...

another christ with another law that is contrary to His Father’s...or a Christ formed which is obedient to His Father’s will...you know His Law that He put into all New Covenant believers...

I am corrected again...I thought you paid attention

24Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment

Did you read that?{/quote] yes what king Jimmy ADDED...sure did

yup king Jimmy has gentile free to NOT KEEP THE other 8 commandments...they are to keep from adultery...DESPITE THE IRONIC ERROR but you have NO SENSE OF HUMOR...which takes Joy but you too bitter...

Oh and Sabbaths that is the other commandment James expected them to keep...but king Jimmy says the are NOT to keep the other 8...which explains a lot of why Christians act the way they do...

And NOT WWJD...certainly NOT Sunday HAM after Sunday church...LOL

already told you but as you said you do not pay attention...

The Galatians were talked into doing the purification works of the law by JUDAIZERS.

Gary K

Banned
I go by what Jesus says not Mr. Strong.

Do not commit adultery.

One is about just having sex, and the other is about wanting her for your own wife.

You sound ridiculous trying to change the word 'lust' to 'covet'. You would think after you thought it out you would figure it out, but you didn't.

Let's look at this deeper. Let's look at more scripture.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Now you're saying Paul is ridiculous, for here is Paul equating lust and coveting just like the dictionaries and concordances do. So, you're not only arguing against the meaning of the Hebrew and English languages, you're also arguing against the Bible itself. He makes exactly the same argument I am making, which is the same argument Jesus was making in the Sermon on the mount. As you admitted sin begins in the mind. And that was Jesus point. If we dwell upon sin. If we lust after it. If we covet it, we will do whatever it is we are focusing on as soon as the opportunity presents itself. That's why to lust after a woman or man, to covet her or him, and is to commit adultery. It's no change of the 10 commandments that Jesus is putting in place. He's bringing up the law and explaining it as it was understood in the OT, and which the legalism of the Jews had covered up. Whether you know it or not, you're making the same arguments that the Pharisees made. You are not viewing the 10 commandments as a spiritual entity but as a physical entity. Your view of the 10 commandments is completely legalistic.

clefty

No such commandment given to obey the old law.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
abstain from food polluted by idols-Leviticus 17:8-9 "Say to them: 'Any Israelite or any alien living among them who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice and does not bring it to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting to sacrifice it to the LORD--that man must be cut off from his people.' " To guard carefully against idolatry, this command was interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating any meat that had been offered in a prohibited manner. In Rev. 2:14, 20 the words of Jesus show agreement with that interpretation.
from sexual immorality-Leviticus 18:6-26 lists a wide range of sexually immoral activities and ends with, "The native-born and the aliens living among you must not do any of these detestable things,"
from the meat of strangled animals-Leviticus 17:13,15 "Any Israelite or any alien living among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth,
"Anyone, whether native-born or alien, who eats anything found dead or torn by wild animals must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be ceremonially unclean till evening; then he will be clean." These were interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating the meat of strangled animals.
and from blood-Leviticus 17:10 "Any Israelite or any alien living among them who eats any blood--I will set my face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from his people."
And James concludes that these gentiles crowding the synagogues will CONTINUE to hear moses taught and read IN EVERY CITY ON EVERY SABBATH Acts 15:21
​​​​​​​
Yup even the council in Acts 15 expected clean meat not to be defiled...and Sabbath keeping...you would interrupt the whole proceedings with “NO NO NO THAT IS JUSTIFIED BY THE OLD LAW” LOL

King Jimmy ADDED to the word “Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law”

notice how it is NOT in the original Greek

It has come to our attention
Ἐπειδὴ (Epeidē)
Conjunction
Strong's Greek 1894: Of time: when, now, after that; of cause: seeing that, forasmuch as. From epei and de; since now, i.e. when, or whereas.

that
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's Greek 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

some
τινὲς (tines)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's Greek 5100: Any one, some one, a certain one or thing. An enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object.

went out
ἐξελθόντες (exelthontes)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's Greek 1831: To go out, come out. From ek and erchomai; to issue.

from
ἐξ (ex)
Preposition
Strong's Greek 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

us
ἡμῶν (hēmōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Plural
Strong's Greek 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

without our authorization
διεστειλάμεθα (diesteilametha)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Middle - 1st Person Plural
Strong's Greek 1291: To give a commission (instructions), order; To admonish, prohibit.

[and] unsettled
ἀνασκευάζοντες (anaskeuazontes)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's Greek 384: From ana and a derivative of skeuos; properly, to pack up, i.e. to upset.

your
ὑμῶν (hymōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Plural
Strong's Greek 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

minds
ψυχὰς (psychas)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Plural
Strong's Greek 5590: From psucho; breath, i.e. spirit, abstractly or concretely.

by what [they] said.
λόγοις (logois)
Noun - Dative Masculine Plural
Strong's Greek 3056: From lego; something said; by implication, a topic, also reasoning or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, the Divine Expression.

as if these gentiles who were NOT to be sexually immoral and keep their meats clean and HEAR MOSES EVERY SABBATH

BUT were ALLOWED to

worship another god
make idols
blaspheme His name
lie

would explain your actions...LOL

kill
steal
covet
dishonor parents

you and King Jimmy are hilarious...

BTW I showed you many verses where the ALIEN within their gates DID NOT have to be circumcised King Jimmy was kinda kosher ADDING that to the text...

clefty

Do not commit adultery.

Yes yes...keep it two commandments or make it 3 like the catholics do separating the last into two but ALL of them are broken like this

“I do agree with you that sin starts in the mind, and then thought about for a while goes to the heart where it is desired, and then acted out it is sin born.”

EVEN THE DIETARY/CLEANLINESS ONES...oh and NOT KEEPING THE YEARLY SABBATHS

you condemn yourself with your own words...

clefty

The Galatians were talked into doing the purification works of the law by JUDAIZERS.

Judaizers were Jews claiming gentiles HAD TO BE CIRCUMCISED IN THE CUSTOM OF MOSES in order to be SAVED or even fellowship...

becoming circumcised in the manner of Moses is being cut on the 8th day from birth...these were ADULT MEN...no surprise you do NOT see the SPIRITUAL vs physical things of this...

I gave you many text showing you were the ALIEN NOT FROM JACOB received NOT ONLY THE SABBATH the ONLY LAW included them specifically but ALSO able to give thank offerings and worship at the temple AS NATIVE...and even RECEIVED LAND when Israel was divided up...

so technically what the Judaizers were expecting was IMPOSSIBLE and NOT TAUGHT IN THE OT TORAH and if they did get cut it would merely make them Jews...and NOT SAVED...is why they are JUDAIZERS...and were rejected

Galatians being CELTS were sophisticated cosmopolitan people with their own language written too and calendar and customs and traditions...which when they did NOT KNOW YAH they served those things which by nature are not gods and were turning back again to weak beggarly elements observing their own days and months from their own calendar...

they NEVER KEPT TORAH BEFORE thus CAN NOT turn back AGAIN to something they never did...but did NOT know Yah and were unkown by Yah...

clefty

Now you're saying Paul is ridiculous, for here is Paul equating lust and coveting just like the dictionaries and concordances do. So, you're not only arguing against the meaning of the Hebrew and English languages, you're also arguing against the Bible itself. He makes exactly the same argument I am making, which is the same argument Jesus was making in the Sermon on the mount. As you admitted sin begins in the mind. And that was Jesus point. If we dwell upon sin. If we lust after it. If we covet it, we will do whatever it is we are focusing on as soon as the opportunity presents itself. That's why to lust after a woman or man, to covet her or him, and is to commit adultery. It's no change of the 10 commandments that Jesus is putting in place. He's bringing up the law and explaining it as it was understood in the OT, and which the legalism of the Jews had covered up. Whether you know it or not, you're making the same arguments that the Pharisees made. You are not viewing the 10 commandments as a spiritual entity but as a physical entity. Your view of the 10 commandments is completely legalistic.

Pray for this one or don’t as it is sin leading to death 1 John 5:16

as the rebellion is indeed deep within...

God's Truth

God is the one who made the command do not commit adultery, and then another command do not covet your neighbor's wife.

As for Paul, according to the King James Version, he is getting two birds with one stone and it doesn't change the fact that adultery is a sexual act that is about lust for a woman not your own, and that Jesus says if you lust in your heart over another woman than it is as adultery.

You are arguing what your false teachers told you instead of preaching what Jesus says.

Jesus does not say if you lust in your heart over another woman then you have coveted.

Jesus does not say if you covet in your heart it is adultery.

Jesus says if you LUST for another woman in your heart IT IS ADULTRY.

Paul says he would not know what LUST is if he was not told what it is to covet.

Paul does NOT nullify anything of the truth, but you do.

God's Truth

abstain from food polluted by idols-Leviticus 17:8-9 "Say to them: 'Any Israelite or any alien living among them who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice and does not bring it to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting to sacrifice it to the LORD--that man must be cut off from his people.' " To guard carefully against idolatry, this command was interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating any meat that had been offered in a prohibited manner. In Rev. 2:14, 20 the words of Jesus show agreement with that interpretation.
from sexual immorality-Leviticus 18:6-26 lists a wide range of sexually immoral activities and ends with, "The native-born and the aliens living among you must not do any of these detestable things,"
from the meat of strangled animals-Leviticus 17:13,15 "Any Israelite or any alien living among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth,
"Anyone, whether native-born or alien, who eats anything found dead or torn by wild animals must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be ceremonially unclean till evening; then he will be clean." These were interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating the meat of strangled animals.
and from blood-Leviticus 17:10 "Any Israelite or any alien living among them who eats any blood--I will set my face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from his people."
And James concludes that these gentiles crowding the synagogues will CONTINUE to hear moses taught and read IN EVERY CITY ON EVERY SABBATH Acts 15:21

Yup even the council in Acts 15 expected clean meat not to be defiled...and Sabbath keeping...you would interrupt the whole proceedings with “NO NO NO THAT IS JUSTIFIED BY THE OLD LAW” LOL

King Jimmy ADDED to the word “Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law”

notice how it is NOT in the original Greek

It has come to our attention
Ἐπειδὴ (Epeidē)
Conjunction
Strong's Greek 1894: Of time: when, now, after that; of cause: seeing that, forasmuch as. From epei and de; since now, i.e. when, or whereas.

that
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's Greek 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

some
τινὲς (tines)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's Greek 5100: Any one, some one, a certain one or thing. An enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object.

went out
ἐξελθόντες (exelthontes)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's Greek 1831: To go out, come out. From ek and erchomai; to issue.

from
ἐξ (ex)
Preposition
Strong's Greek 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

us
ἡμῶν (hēmōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Plural
Strong's Greek 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

without our authorization
διεστειλάμεθα (diesteilametha)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Middle - 1st Person Plural
Strong's Greek 1291: To give a commission (instructions), order; To admonish, prohibit.

[and] unsettled
ἀνασκευάζοντες (anaskeuazontes)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's Greek 384: From ana and a derivative of skeuos; properly, to pack up, i.e. to upset.

your
ὑμῶν (hymōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Plural
Strong's Greek 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

minds
ψυχὰς (psychas)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Plural
Strong's Greek 5590: From psucho; breath, i.e. spirit, abstractly or concretely.

by what [they] said.
λόγοις (logois)
Noun - Dative Masculine Plural
Strong's Greek 3056: From lego; something said; by implication, a topic, also reasoning or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, the Divine Expression.

as if these gentiles who were NOT to be sexually immoral and keep their meats clean and HEAR MOSES EVERY SABBATH

BUT were ALLOWED to

worship another god
make idols
blaspheme His name
lie

would explain your actions...LOL

kill
steal
covet
dishonor parents

you and King Jimmy are hilarious...

BTW I showed you many verses where the ALIEN within their gates DID NOT have to be circumcised King Jimmy was kinda kosher ADDING that to the text...

You can never ever get around the truth. NO SCRIPTURE can be PUT ASIDE.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

God's Truth

Yes yes...keep it two commandments or make it 3 like the catholics do separating the last into two but ALL of them are broken like this

“I do agree with you that sin starts in the mind, and then thought about for a while goes to the heart where it is desired, and then acted out it is sin born.”

EVEN THE DIETARY/CLEANLINESS ONES...oh and NOT KEEPING THE YEARLY SABBATHS

you condemn yourself with your own words...

You try to not acknowledge that you speak against God, you constantly try to cover it up with dirt from that hole you dug.

You said I made two different commands when it is God who made two different commands.

God separated the meaning of 'adultery' and 'covet', and Jesus said to lust is adultery. Jesus doesn't say to 'covet' is the same as adultery.

You are arguing against God and His word.

God's Truth

Judaizers were Jews claiming gentiles HAD TO BE CIRCUMCISED IN THE CUSTOM OF MOSES in order to be SAVED or even fellowship...

becoming circumcised in the manner of Moses is being cut on the 8th day from birth...these were ADULT MEN...no surprise you do NOT see the SPIRITUAL vs physical things of this...

I gave you many text showing you were the ALIEN NOT FROM JACOB received NOT ONLY THE SABBATH the ONLY LAW included them specifically but ALSO able to give thank offerings and worship at the temple AS NATIVE...and even RECEIVED LAND when Israel was divided up...

so technically what the Judaizers were expecting was IMPOSSIBLE and NOT TAUGHT IN THE OT TORAH and if they did get cut it would merely make them Jews...and NOT SAVED...is why they are JUDAIZERS...and were rejected

Galatians being CELTS were sophisticated cosmopolitan people with their own language written too and calendar and customs and traditions...which when they did NOT KNOW YAH they served those things which by nature are not gods and were turning back again to weak beggarly elements observing their own days and months from their own calendar...

they NEVER KEPT TORAH BEFORE thus CAN NOT turn back AGAIN to something they never did...but did NOT know Yah and were unkown by Yah...

The Galatians were talked into observing special days and getting circumcised in the flesh BY JEWS.

You are an enemy of the Bible the written words of God.

Right Divider

Body part
If you want to discuss a scripture why don't you post the scripture not just the book and chapter and tell me what you think it means.

Are you just playing dumb?

I've already QUOTED those scriptures MANY times, including TO YOU in THIS thread.

https://theologyonline.com/forum/po...2754673-sabbath-keeping?p=2760569#post2760569

To which you made this pitiful non-reply response.
Jesus came and made the covenant.

Since your story is FALSE, you resort to dumb stuff like that.

God's Truth

Are you just playing dumb?

No, are you?

I've already QUOTED those scriptures MANY times, including TO YOU in THIS thread.

I've already told you that when I quote your posts your scriptures disappear because of the way you copy and post.

In addition, sometimes you don't like the answer and it is your problem not mine.
https://theologyonline.com/forum/pol...69#post2760569

To which you made this pitiful non-reply response.

Since your story is FALSE, you resort to dumb stuff like that.

Well since you have finally shown what scriptures you still want to talk about, I'll make my next post on it.

God's Truth

I hope that you get saved by grace through faith someday.

So that is your answer to my giving scripture where Paul says he is the minister of the covenant Jesus made when he walked the earth?

Here's the scripture again... maybe you'll believe it this time:

Reiterated in Hebrews 8

Just as plain as the nose on your face. Believe it.

You think you are some mature intelligent debater and I am the dumb one?

It is too pathetic.

Answer according to the scriptures I already gave you and the explanations I gave.

Right Divider

Body part
Answer according to the scriptures I already gave you and the explanations I gave.
Jer 31:31-33 KJV Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.​

Reiterated in Hebrews 8
Heb 8:8-10 KJV For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:​

CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS; and totally opposed to the nonsense that you spout.