Rush Limbaugh's theory on the Measles outbreak

Morpheus

Incorrect, i corrected YOU, when you acted as if it wasnt possible to have come here that way.

You dont know how it got here any more than anyone else and your theory is not less or more of a theory than his is.

Now you are just blowharding again. One more time, post MY position on where this came from, and where I* have stated my opinion on it.

Hint again - for the deliberately blind - i said its unknown. I even quoted myself to help you, since you seem so lost.

Here it is again, a link to the closest i came to even giving my opinion on it where it came from and i quoted the CDC in it : http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4216689&postcount=46

Do you like looking dishonest?

I already showed you where you expressed your opinion. I never said it was impossible that an undocumented immigrant introduced it; I only pointed out how highly unlikely it was. It is one thing to argue against an unsubstantiated assertion when the likelihood of it being true is extremely slim; it is quite another spending most of a day defending that same assertion, especially with the vehemence you have poured out on anyone who disagrees. It begs the question, what really is driving your rage?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I already showed you where you expressed your opinion. I never said it was impossible that an undocumented immigrant introduced it; I only pointed out how highly unlikely it was. It is one thing to argue against an unsubstantiated assertion when the likelihood of it being true is extremely slim; it is quite another spending most of a day defending that same assertion, especially with the vehemence you have poured out on anyone who disagrees. It begs the question, what really is driving your rage?

:rotfl:

Morpheus

You should post that pic about yourself, because of course its just totally impossible that an undocumented person here illegally, could have infected anyone who went to Disney that day well before they had symptoms and chose to go there. :rolleyes:

kidshealth.org/parent/infections/lung/measles.html

ACW is most likely correct in his assessment because measles was once eradicated here in the US according to the CDC itself.

Meaning, genius, that someone had to have brought it here from another country.

And you just spent several posts false witnessing for everyone to see. What, no apology?
There is no false witness when I produced your own words in evidence. As it stands you owe several members of this board apologies for your repeated attacks. If you really want to pursue it I will collect all of your posts containing disparaging comments. The only reason I saw fit to reengage in this ridiculous discussion today was because, after reading through today's comments, it was obvious that you were more intent on "winning", even if you had to resort to personal attacks, than you were interested in finding the truth. Now shall I begin collecting your attacks for repost?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
There is no false witness when I produced your own words in evidence. As it stands you owe several members of this board apologies for your repeated attacks. If you really want to pursue it I will collect all of your posts containing disparaging comments. The only reason I saw fit to reengage in this ridiculous discussion today was because, after reading through today's comments, it was obvious that you were more intent on "winning", even if you had to resort to personal attacks, than you were interested in finding the truth. Now shall I begin collecting your attacks for repost?

Hello. That wasnt my opinion on how the measles spread as anyone can read, it was my correcting YOU where you made fun of ACW and acted as if its impossible that it could have been that way.

That was not my opinion on how it got here, i dont know how it got here. I was only responding to your idiotic post that pretended that couldnt have happened and your "proof" was that the person who got it first could afford to go to disneyland, then i showed that one can spread measles for 5 days before they know they have it and it could have come like he said, or like anyone thinks.

No one knows, so keep acting like a puffed up pridefilled desperate liar.

I welcome anyone to post where i made any claim on how it got here.

Ive even stated several times i have no idea, so i discount no theory because we dont know - period.

You get the moron of the year award :first:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Su-u-u-ure...and the first place they go when they get here is Disneyland. Otherwise patient zero would have shown up elsewhere. Considering that the incubation period is 7-14 days, someone must have rushed here and then made Splash Mountain a priority.

For anyone wondering what aCW looks like, I found a picture.

17q9yqz142wvrjpg.jpg

You should post that pic about yourself, because of course its just totally impossible that an undocumented person here illegally, could have infected anyone who went to Disney that day well before they had symptoms and chose to go there. :rolleyes:

ACW is most likely correct in his assessment because measles was once eradicated here in the US according to the CDC itself.

Mexico has higher vaccination rates than the US.

Illegal immigration that comes to the US via the Mexico way, aren't necessarily Mexicans.

The thousands of children refugees that recently were shipped all over the US came from central America, El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala and many diseases that haven't been seen here since the 60s and 70s have re-emerged.

One of them being a respiratory enterovirus that has killed and hospitalized many American children last year. Its strain was last seen here before last year, in the late 60s and early 70s and known to be quite prevalent in central and south America.

Something to be considered. Most peoples problem with immigrants isnt that they want to come here, but that its not done legally. Part of the legal process is checking health.

Thats not known yet.
The 2015 outbreak, mostly centered at Disney amusement parks in California, is still under investigation, Anne Schuchat, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters on Jan. 29 that the “genotype of the virus that’s associated with the Disneyland outbreak is causing outbreaks in 14 different countries around the world.”

Well since you must be in your best genius mode, and since Disneyland is one of the most visited locations for foreign tourists, would't it be far more likely that if the virus was introduced by a foreigner then that foreigner would be here legally as a tourist? Unlike you, aCW and Rush Limbaugh (now that sounds like the executive committee of some really scary organization) I don't base my logical conclusions on a xenophobic bias.

Where have i stated where i thought it came from? Post it please.

Waiting, you accused me of saying or believing something i havent given my position and opinion on, please post my words to back what you said here:

Anyway thanks for your attempt at diversion above this post - typical false witness, when asked for evidence to back your false claim, you run and look desperately for some, then come back and throw up a strawman to change the subject.

Hint: you wont find anything to back what you said there because i havent stated a position on it, or gave my own opinion on it, and what i did do was state that its unknown still where it came from.

:cloud9:

Are you being intentionally obtuse? There is no evidence to support Limbaugh's argument, but you have aligned yourself with aCW to imagine it so.

Incorrect, i corrected YOU, when you acted as if it wasnt possible to have come here that way.

You dont know how it got here any more than anyone else and your theory is not less or more of a theory than his is.

Now you are just blowharding again. One more time, post MY position on where this came from, and where I* have stated my opinion on it.

Hint again - for the deliberately blind - i said its unknown. I even quoted myself to help you, since you seem so lost.

Here it is again, a link to the closest i came to even giving my opinion on it where it came from and i quoted the CDC in it : http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4216689&postcount=46

Do you like looking dishonest?

The above post covers your expression of opinion. And yet, if you actually believe the origin is unknown, and you have no opinion, then you just spent half-a-day and three pages of posts arguing something you have no opinion about.

And you just spent several posts false witnessing for everyone to see. What, no apology?

Nope, did it for you, since you cant read.

Hello. That wasnt my opinion on how the measles spread as anyone can read, it was my correcting YOU where you made fun of ACW and acted as if its impossible that it could have been that way.

That was not my opinion on how it got here, i dont know how it got here. I was only responding to your idiotic post that pretended that couldnt have happened and your "proof" was that the person who got it first could afford to go to disneyland, then i showed that one can spread measles for 5 days before they know they have it and it could have come like he said, or like anyone thinks.

Ive even stated several times i have no idea, so i discount no theory because we dont know - period.

:cloud9:

Morpheus

When you said, "ACW is most likely correct in his assessment because measles was once eradicated here in the US according to the CDC itself.

Meaning, genius, that someone had to have brought it here from another country.", that was expressing your opinion of agreement with his assessment. Keep trying. Backpedal long enough and the truth may get blurred.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
When you said, "ACW is most likely correct in his assessment because measles was once eradicated here in the US according to the CDC itself.

Meaning, genius, that someone had to have brought it here from another country.", that was expressing your opinion of agreement with his assessment. Keep trying. Backpedal long enough and the truth may get blurred.

yes, his assessment that it came here from somewhere else, since it had been eradicated here, thats common sense.

Meaning genious, you cant read, and if you didnt understand what i meant you could have asked, at no time have i stated where i think it came from, i have no idea and have said so more than how many times now? i believe at least 4 or 5 now.

Are you really this desperate? You made a specific claim, you couldnt back it up because i didnt make a claim, i responded to the one you made. Take this advice from a child:

picture.php

And then get over it :)

Morpheus

You just couldn't let it go. Most of your posts below are directed at Shaggy.
Wow, off in left field again i see. Let me know when the high wears off so we can have a sensical conversation.

Wow you are totally tripping today, arent you.

yes, you are massively disconnected to reality today.

No , i did not say this thread is about obesity you clipped off part of what i said in your stoned state, and ignored what i actually said, i highlighted what i actually said and was talking about in red above, please read it again when you come down, then youll get it.

hello complete nutcase, YOU clipped off MY words, not the other way around and apparantly didnt bother to read them either.

I said:

And you quoted me saying this:

to make it look like i was saying something else and then you marched on with it in a different direction completely.

(you clipped off what i said and anyone can click this and see what you did: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4216558&postcount=30

Something is bad wrong with you.

He didnt blame the mexicans, he theorized it came here through mexico from illegals - you cant read either, he said illegal immigrants coming from mexico.

Which covers tons and tons of peoples and nationalities - not just mexicans.

Wow, just wow. Put down the joint, please or come back when you are lucid.
Then toward me.

And now:
yes, his assessment that it came here from somewhere else, since it had been eradicated here, thats common sense.

Meaning genious (correction-genius), you cant read, and if you didnt understand what i meant you could have asked, at no time have i stated where i think it came from, i have no idea and have said so more than how many times now? i believe at least 4 or 5 now.

Are you really this desperate? You made a specific claim, you couldnt back it up because i didnt make a claim, i responded to the one you made. Take this advice from a child:

picture.php

And then get over it :)
So now I'll repost your words again:
Originally Posted by Angel4Truth
You should post that pic about yourself, because of course its just totally impossible that an undocumented person here illegally, could have infected anyone who went to Disney that day well before they had symptoms and chose to go there.

aCW's assessment was that it came here from another country via an illegal alien. So stop playing innocent. You knew exactly what he meant, especially since he plainly stated it, and it is the subject of this thread that you are now nearly single-handedly defending. If you truly have no opinion, as you have recently stated, then just what is it that you are arguing about?

Morpheus

Sorry. Inzl showed up in the "recently viewing thread" list for a while. Since she started the thread I wondered just what was going through her head after trying to catch up.

As for moving to humor prior to that post, if someone tries to corner someone, or something for that matter, the response will usually be to fight, even if the odds are against success. After a while it is prudent to leave an opening for escape. Most, given the opportunity, will choose escape over continuing the fight. I may be wrong, but it seems like you might be having a not-so-great day. Usually you are much more reasonable. I thought that if I let you take out any aggression on me it might let you work through it, letting your family enjoy you at your best. If I was wrong about that I apologize. Sometimes 45 years of being a sounding board for others can cause me to overly depend on therapy tools instead of just listening. It did seem like you had had enough and were ready to ease out and relax. I know you are not an evil person...we all have bad days though.