Rubio: sodomites are born that way

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Good, same here.

I'm obviously not okay with any practicing child molesters as children need to be protected at all costs, regardless of how people can be sexually attracted to minors.

I don't insist it's ONLY inborn or immune to environment etc, as you should well know by now considering how much we've had discussions over this. What I have posited is that people generally have as much say in their orientation as I did - which is to say none. I didn't choose to be straight. I also didn't choose to find homosexuality an impossibility in light of that.

Which is all irrelevant to the fact that no one is forced to act on desires they have.

Jedidiah

So do I, but then I've never tried to eat an iron filing sandwich with stale bread. I don't need to try it to know how gross it would be for me...
You find beauty where you find it. It's beyond your control.
Matrimonial desire is for matrimonial relations is for matrimony.

What or who you find beautiful need not be aligned with matrimonial desire. Matrimonial desire is not the same as the crass and question-begging "sexual desire," which connotes determinism, and presumes, that a wandering, unreined matrimonial desire, knows exactly where it's going and what it's doing. :nono:

IOW, or i.e., you can find all sorts of things or people beautiful, without wanting to engage in matrimonial relations with it/them.

Arthur Brain

Which is all irrelevant to the fact that no one is forced to act on desires they have.

Maybe so but then it would be a good idea to quit with the nonsense that people "choose" to be homosexual to begin with or that straight folk can suddenly entertain it...

Jedidiah

Maybe so but then it would be a good idea to quit with the nonsense that people "choose" to be homosexual to begin with or that straight folk can suddenly entertain it...
Perhaps you just don't appreciate the human capacity to become corrupted.

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."

1 Corinthians 10:12 (KJV) (for Patrick, again).

Arthur Brain

Perhaps you just don't appreciate the human capacity to become corrupted.

1 Corinthians 10:12 (KJV) (for Patrick, again).

No, it's not that at all. As a heterosexual you can be morally corrupt by sleeping around, taking advantage and having affairs or whatever. It doesn't change your orientation though.

kiwimacahau

No, it's not that at all. As a heterosexual you can be morally corrupt by sleeping around, taking advantage and having affairs or whatever. It doesn't change your orientation though.

Indeed it does not. Homosexuality is no more inherently sinful than is heterosexuality.

TracerBullet

This is the gutless scoundrel argument that attempts to use a person's "homophobia" against him. It won't work! It is true that, absent of some sort of gateway perversion I could never imagine myself being sexually atracted to a man. So what! Show me a person who has never been attracted to sin and you might have a point.

Racists aren't ashamed of their prejudices either

Jedidiah

Oh ! Blind faith...how comforting for you.

1 Corinthians 10:12 (KJV) (for Patrick, again again).

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Some people are born with a bad temper. That doesn't mean they aren't responsible if they slug someone.

So the argument that people are born that way, which is very likely true, is not justification for the behavior.

Arthur Brain

Oh ! Blind faith...how comforting for you.

1 Corinthians 10:12 (KJV) (for Patrick, again again).

Er, no, simple fact. I'm straight and could no more entertain a homosexual encounter than I could find the notion of hacking my head off with a spatula in any way appealing either.