Ron DeSantis

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene on Monday told Florida Governor Ron DeSantis not to compete with former President Donald Trump for the White House, as speculation abounds that the two GOP heavyweights could square off against each other for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024.

Speaking at a Trump rally in Ohio, Greene urged DeSantis to remain governor of Florida and said running for president meant he would "abandon" his state. Trump was expected to announce a presidential run at Monday's rally. Instead, he teased a "big announcement" that he'll be making on November 15.

Discussing Trump's potential campaign for the White House, Right Side Broadcasting Network host Brian Glenn told Greene at the rally: "If anyone steps into the political ring and tries to challenge President Trump as far as being the Republican nominee for 2024, we feel like it's political suicide. This is his party, this is his race to run."

"Absolutely, I think that it's clear and obvious," Greene responded.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
On the day of the 2022 general election, Donald Trump sent a very clear 2024 message to Ron DeSantis: Stay out of the race or else.

“I don’t know if he’s running,” Trump said in the interview. “I think the base would not like it, I don’t think it would be good for the party.”

Trump’s rhetoric is the most open threat he has made against DeSantis in recent weeks. At a rally in Pennsylvania over the weekend, Trump referred to DeSantis as “Ron DeSanctimonious.” That nickname came less than a month after Trump called it a “BIG MISTAKE” when DeSantis endorsed Colorado Republican Senate nominee Joe O’Dea. O’Dea had previously told CNN’s Dana Bash that he would “actively” oppose the former president if he ran for the White House in 2024.

And it comes after Trump has repeatedly insisted that DeSantis would be unwise to run against him. “If I faced him, I’d beat him like I would beat everyone else,” Trump told Yahoo Finance in October of last year of DeSantis. “I think most people would drop out, I think he would drop out.”

Trump has routinely said that he effectively created DeSantis by endorsing him in the 2018 Republican gubernatorial primary. He repeated that claim on Tuesday in an interview with NewsNation.

“He was not going to be able to even be a factor in the race, and as soon as I endorsed him, within moments the race was over,” Trump said. “I got him the nomination. He didn’t get it, I got it. Because the minute I made that endorsement, he got it. I thought that he could have been more gracious, but that’s up to him.”

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:sneaky: Yeah....This was kind of a no-brainer. The vast majority of the people of Florida are too grateful to DeSantis for keeping us out of this COVID B.S (for the most part) to allow that punk Crist to be Gov. again.

I don't know about the rest of the U.S. but Ron DeSantis could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue in Orlando and shoot Donny Trump and he wouldn’t lose voters. 😐

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I don't know about the rest of the U.S. but Ron DeSantis could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue in Orlando and shoot Donny Trump and he wouldn’t lose voters. 😐
Donald Trump attacked numerous news outlets and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis in a statement he released to his followers Thursday night.

The former president, who is largely being blamed for costing Republicans big in the midterms, again referred to DeSantis as “Ron DeSanctimonious.” He also accused media outlets owned by the Murdoch family of colluding against him.

“NewsCorp, which is Fox, the Wall Street Journal, and the no longer great New York Post (bring back Col!), is all in for Governor Ron DeSanctimonious, an average REPUBLICAN Governor with great Public Relations, who didn’t have to close up his State, but did, unlike other Republican Governors, whose overall numbers for a Republican, were just average—middle of the pack—including COVID, and who has the advantage of SUNSHINE, where people from badly run States up North would go no matter who the Governor was, just like I did!” Trump wrote.

Trump went on to accuse DeSantis, who he has now threatened, of “playing games.”

“The Fake News asks him if he’s going to run if President Trump runs, and he says, ‘I’m only focused on the Governor’s race, I’m not looking into the future,'” Trump wrote. “Well, in terms of loyalty and class, that’s really not the right answer.”

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Donald Trump attacked numerous news outlets and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis in a statement he released to his followers Thursday night.

The former president, who is largely being blamed for costing Republicans big in the midterms, again referred to DeSantis as “Ron DeSanctimonious.” He also accused media outlets owned by the Murdoch family of colluding against him.

“NewsCorp, which is Fox, the Wall Street Journal, and the no longer great New York Post (bring back Col!), is all in for Governor Ron DeSanctimonious, an average REPUBLICAN Governor with great Public Relations, who didn’t have to close up his State, but did, unlike other Republican Governors, whose overall numbers for a Republican, were just average—middle of the pack—including COVID, and who has the advantage of SUNSHINE, where people from badly run States up North would go no matter who the Governor was, just like I did!” Trump wrote.

Trump went on to accuse DeSantis, who he has now threatened, of “playing games.”

“The Fake News asks him if he’s going to run if President Trump runs, and he says, ‘I’m only focused on the Governor’s race, I’m not looking into the future,'” Trump wrote. “Well, in terms of loyalty and class, that’s really not the right answer.”

:unsure: I dunno...Maybe I'm wrong but much like your Twitter reaction this doesn't seem to get much attention on the ground. The people who always flew Trump flags have had DeSantis flags under their US Holy Sky-Cloth for quite some time now and seem content for them to stay there.

A wholly subjective observation here but: There's a lot of them.

Apparently, Donny didn't include them in the memo that he owns the nomination...The ones who don't want DeSantis to run for president feel that way because, they consider the US as a whole is beyond repair and don't want to lose him as Governor.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
If DeSanctimonious runs against Trump (God's anointed) and beats him, Trumplicans will hate him for it. This is quite the quandary for Republicans:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I've already noted in another thread the NAACP's retarded attempts to smear DeSantis. Now we have this weird elderly woman who apparently was once the Secretary of State chiming in with her bizarre delusions:

IMG_20230524_032840.jpg

DeSantis' rapid response director Christina Pushaw joked, "Won’t somebody think of the multi-billion dollar corporations?" 😂😂😂