Robin Williams commits suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You have ZERO information about my life or the lives of those I am in contact with on a daily basis. Absolutely ZERO. I NEVER said that depression, fear, anxiety, etc., are not real. In fact, I have affirmed that ALL men suffer from all these things on a regular basis, and some in very severe ways.

This discussion centers on what depression is, not whether or not it exists.

Like, everyone else who can't or won't read, because they are lazy cowards, you have also jumped on the bandwagon, and proven yourself to be just as lazy.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The founder of Alcoholics Anonymous Bill Wilson addresses the "disease" issue.

Ernest Kurntz writes:

"Among these statements is a reply Wilson gave when specifically asked about alcoholism as disease after he had addressed the annual meeting of the National Catholic Clergy Conference on Alcoholism in 1961:

"We have never called alcoholism a disease because, technically speaking, it is not a disease entity. For example, there is no such thing as heart disease. Instead there are many separate heart ailments, or combinations of them. It is something like that with alcoholism. Therefore we did not wish to get in wrong with the medical profession by pronouncing alcoholism a disease entity. Therefore we always called it an illness, or a malady -- a far safer term for us to use."​

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The founder of Alcoholics Anonymous Bill Wilson addresses the "disease" issue.

Ernest Kurntz writes:

"Among these statements is a reply Wilson gave when specifically asked about alcoholism as disease after he had addressed the annual meeting of the National Catholic Clergy Conference on Alcoholism in 1961:

"We have never called alcoholism a disease because, technically speaking, it is not a disease entity. For example, there is no such thing as heart disease. Instead there are many separate heart ailments, or combinations of them. It is something like that with alcoholism. Therefore we did not wish to get in wrong with the medical profession by pronouncing alcoholism a disease entity. Therefore we always called it an illness, or a malady -- a far safer term for us to use."​

How about anti-depressant being effective for some people like me?

Why don't you address it?

Arthur Brain

Some of us are unfortunate enough to have a chemical imbalance which is compensated for by prescription medication. I'm happy you are not one of them.

Quite. A lad I know takes 'haloperidol' for schizophrenia. Without it he can't separate hallucinations from reality, in fact he loses touch with reality. To say there's no such thing as mental illness stems from a profoundly ignorant - as well as arrogant mindset.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
SOZO sent me this neg-rep;

"You are a stupid dolt. The most ignorant on this site. Go straight to hell you lazy, worthless, pile of crap."

What a nice fella he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.