Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
All you do is to deny the words of the Lord Jesus who said that at the end of the age there will be a harvest and "the field is the world."

To your distorted thinking Jerusalem is the "world."

Jerry,

First off, in the parable, the tares are removed before the wheat. That's the opposite of your rapture theory.

Secondly, the tares were removed from the wheat in 70AD.

In 66AD, Jews from all over the world came to Jerusalem for their passover pilgrimage. Then the Romans surrounded the city. The Romans then burnt the city to the ground, killing over a million Jews.

Those Jews who died were not Christians, they were the Jews who rejected Jesus.

The Christian Jews (the wheat) escaped the fire by fleeing to the hills.

clefty

I was crucified with Him. I have no cross to take up.
to be crucified you had to take up your cross at least once...yet He asked you did it daily...as for following Him...yeah that prolly is too much of Him to ask of you...you prolly don’t even include yourself in that “if anyone wants to”...

Not even sure why you were crucified...I mean why? did He ask you? Does the world even hate you your works manifesting Him? You claim you dont need to do nothing... I gather you are kinda nice and friendly go along to get along type...you know...do what thou whilst...grace is enough now just sit back...why would the world HATE that?

You see the word "work" and you jump on it like a dog on a bone.
that’s right like a dog on crumbs from my Masters table cuz when my Master asks I WANT to...for what He did for me...not only work but press on...walk...worthy conduct...help...become blameless and harmless...serve...do all things through Christ...”that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings being conformed to His death...if by any means I may attain to the resurrectionfrom the dead...Not that I have already attained or am already perfected but I press on...that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has laid hold of me...press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of Yah...in Yahushua”

Holding fast to the word of Life is trusting in the Lord instead of in yourself.
sure...is why we hold fast to Him...to persevere overcome etc...His burden is easy and His yoke is light though...if you want to...

Letting others SEE that you're trusting in the Lord instead of in yourself.
oh ummmm trusting in the Lord to do what...save you? That was done already...and now there is much more to do...even a harvest for Him...much to establish teach heal disciple baptize...oh wait that’s right not on your work assignment you wrote for yourself...

He must have labored in vain with you since you are failing to rest in Him. That's a lack of trust that He is able.
oh He is able and also rested too...because of the work done...He is able by using useful workers and doers and grateful faithful obedient disciples who follow Him His way...

Paul preached the Gospel.
the gospel of layabout once saved? Do nothing after Grace? Hang out healed?

Those that do not just hear...oh right...not on your work assignment you wrote yourself...

They were a trusting bunch.
right like Noah...just trusting it would rain...and he would be saved...laying about waiting...Satan and the demons have faith too...and were and continue to receive GRACE...imagine that...the irony

glorydaz

to be crucified you had to take up your cross at least once...yet He asked you did it daily...as for following Him...yeah that prolly is too much of Him to ask of you...you don’t include yourself in that “if anyone wants to”...

When you start out like this I can read no farther. Salvation is a gift. Eternal life is a gift. I do not have a Cross to carry. Jesus did it all. Unfortunately, you keep trying to mix law and grace. They don't mix.

He doesn't ask it of you, either, but you insist on chipping in on the price our Lord paid. :sigh:

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.​

You claim His grace is not sufficient...you have to add to His work by claiming you, too, have a cross to bear. :sigh:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because there is no such thing as a rapture in the Bible.
Meaning what?

1 Thessalonians 4:17 NASB - Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Right Divider

Body part
Because there is no such thing as a rapture in the Bible.
Is your "Bible" missing some pages?

1Th 4:16-18 KJV
(16) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
(17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
(18) Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

There was even another one of a different sort in Acts 8.

Right Divider

Body part
The only mess around here are your posts on John 7 & Zech 14 regarding Living Water.
Jer 2:12-13 KJV
(12) Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD.
(13) For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Meaning what?

1 Thessalonians 4:17 NASB - Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

That's not "the rapture".

Dispies teach that Christians will be "raptured" away, and only Jews and non-believers left on planet earth.

That's not what Paul is saying in 1 Thess 4:17.

Notice he says: "we who are alive and remain".

How do you "remain", and get "raptured" at the same time?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jer 2:12-13 KJV
(12) Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD.
(13) For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

That's not a prophecy. Nor did the Holy Spirit exist in the OT.

Why do you think the Jews read Zech 14 on the first day of Feast of Tabernacles?

http://www.jtsa.edu/sukkot-day-1-2-haftarah

clefty

The Apostle's question to the Lord Jesus in the Olivet dicourse was in regard to what would happen at the end of the age:

"'Tell us,' they said, 'when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?'"
(Mt.24:3).​

Earlier the Lord Jesus told us what will happen at the "end of the age":

"Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, 'Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.' He answered, 'The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. 'As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father" (Mt. 13:36-43).​

Here we can see that the Lord Jesus speaks of a harvest that will happen at the "end of the age." He also makes it clear that the harvest will take place in the field, and He says that the "field is the world."

This passage alone destroys the teaching of the Preterists who assert that the "end of the age" happened in Jerusalem and Judea in 70 AD because there was no world wide harvest that happened in that year or anytime since.

Back in chapter 24 and unless the days are shortened NO FLESH would be saved...wow...that harvest comes with the Son of Man appearing and collecting His elect...

That is final and great tribulations when this gospel of kingdoms is preached in all the world as a witness to all nations...then the end will come...

Interesting to note is that He instructs prayers be said that the fleeing part be not on a Sabbath as fleeing on it is really not keeping it...oh and that the time of trouble not be in winter either...

Obviously He intended winter times and Sabbath times to continue...”to the end”...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's not "the rapture".

Dispies teach that Christians will be "raptured" away, and only Jews and non-believers left on planet earth.

That's not what Paul is saying in 1 Thess 4:17.

Notice he says: "we who are alive and remain".

How do you "remain", and get "raptured" at the same time?

You are looking at one verse by itself, and you are misled by your own thoughts in what you see. Here, let me help.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NASB - 13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of [the] archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

clefty

When you start out like this I can read no farther. Salvation is a gift. Eternal life is a gift.
yup arent you grateful...now get to work...

I do not have a Cross to carry. Jesus did it all.
sure saved you but you still have a cross to carry daily as you wish to follow Him since He saved you...oh and now that you are saved the world will HATE you daily as well...you are His and not of the world...

Unfortunately, you keep trying to mix law and grace. They don't mix.
nope but because of one you need the other...you figure out the order...

He doesn't ask it of you, either, but you insist on chipping in on the price our Lord paid. :sigh:
sure He did as I include myself in that “if anyone wants to” part...you obviously dont want to follow Him despite His hard work saving you and trying to work in you to conform to Him His ways...

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.​
righteous NEVER came by the Law...it was FAITH even in the OT...but indeed dont think you can earn salvation with works...but once saved oh boy the work you WANT to do...if you love Him...as He loved you

You claim His grace is not sufficient...
nope NEVER did you false witnessing squatter...His grace was completely sufficient is WHY I WANT to follow Him His way...gratitude to share and represent Him His Way to others

you have to add to His work by claiming you, too, have a cross to bear. :sigh:
His work in me is to desire to voluntarily TAKE UP my cross as the world WANTS to kill me daily...I bare that cross daily not to save myself but well because I am already saved and NOW hated...the world would not want to crucify me if I wasnt saved...you know if I was not more like Him...and telling others “you should too” “ya gotta try this” etc...and establishing the gospel and its law into all nations...

SO AGAIN AND AGAIN...works NOT to be saved but BECAUSE I AM SAVED...

You want and need grace because you are saved...you wouldnt care about or want grace if you weren’t...duh

And once saved we wish to work...

Kinda like life itself...we dont breath to become alive we breath because we already are alive...duh...

Or eating...we don’t eat to become alive...we eat because we already are alive...

But dont make your tummy a god ok?

Wear the whole armor of Yah because you are a cute little warrior princess in that avatar not in order to become one...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was pointing out that the "living waters" does not always refer to the Holy Spirit. In this case, it referred to the LORD.

To summarize:

1) The Jews would read all of Zech 14 OUT LOUD on the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles.

2) Zech 14 refers to the Feast of Tabernacles 3 times.

3) The priests would perform a water pouring ceremony each day of the Feast of Tabernacles

4) Zech 14 has a prophecy about about Living Water flowing from Jerusalem.

4) In John 7, Jesus is at the Feast of Tabernacles

5) Zech 14 was read out loud at the Feast of Tabernacles that Jesus was at.

6) Jesus is at the temple during the Feast of Tabernacles where there would have been many jars of water for the water pouring.

7) At the Feast of Tabernacles Jesus says "Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them."

8) The only prophecy in the OT about "living water" is from Zech 14

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are looking at one verse by itself, and you are misled by your own thoughts in what you see. Here, let me help.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NASB - 13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of [the] archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

I understand the passage.

There is no "rapture" like the Dispensationalists claim in that passage.

Right Divider

Body part
To summarize:

1) The Jews would read all of Zech 14 OUT LOUD on the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles.

2) Zech 14 refers to the Feast of Tabernacles 3 times.

3) The priests would perform a water pouring ceremony each day of the Feast of Tabernacles

4) Zech 14 has a prophecy about about Living Water flowing from Jerusalem.

4) In John 7, Jesus is at the Feast of Tabernacles

5) Zech 14 was read at the Feast of Tabernacles that Jesus was at.

6) Jesus is at the temple during the Feast of Tabernacles where there would have been many jars of water for the water pouring.

7) Jesus says "Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them."

8) The only prophecy in the OT about "living water" is from Zech 14
Since the Lord has not returned to place His feet on the mount of Olives per Zechariah 14:4 (with Acts 1:11), Zechariah 14 is yet future.

It's so simple that a child can understand it (but not someone with preterist blinders on).

clefty

I am an ex-Dispensationalist. rapture just refers to being caught up. There is no seven year tribulation.

Ex? That is no surprise...jews were to be jealous of us...and yet you thinking they had their own way preferred them...replacing the very wall He tore down seperating jew and goyim