Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

clefty

The law may be binding for you, but not for me. I will continue to live by faith.

Live by faith...without works...is dead

What does live by faith even mean? What does it look like?

Do you live as He wrote in His will for you to do before He died?

Now that the testator died you can not change the will/New Testament...

Maybe you do follow another Christ another gospel as it is clear we ar to keep His commandments...

Rosenritter

Your very best obedience still falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. All that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit will try to live holy lives, but knowing that they fail to measure up to the righteousness of God. We all struggle with sin, Romans 7.

Hebrews 5:8-9 KJV
(8) Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
(9) And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

It feels like you know you are put on the spot (because you acknowledge the authority of scripture) but you don't want to fully admit it just yet. Obedience is required of everyone, this has always been the case and still is, and we cannot say that we are servants of God and Christ if we will not obey him.

Now let's address the mistake in your thinking. Did God ever say (anywhere) that perfectly obeying laws and regulations earned salvation? This is never stated anywhere in scripture, and such an assumption is specifically refuted. Failure of obedience is sin, and being imperfect that we are we require forgiveness of sins. This has always been the case and still is. We are required to be obedient to anything and everything that God would ask of us. This is also called faith, the practice of our belief in action in complete trust and obedience to our Lord and Savior.

If you are unable to process this completely then abstain from arguing (and I will give this space also) but please stop preaching against obedience. As the scripture says, He is the author of eternal salvation unto all that obey him.

Revelation 14:12 KJV
(12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
(8) Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
(9) And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

It feels like you know you are put on the spot (because you acknowledge the authority of scripture) but you don't want to fully admit it just yet. Obedience is required of everyone, this has always been the case and still is, and we cannot say that we are servants of God and Christ if we will not obey him.

Now let's address the mistake in your thinking. Did God ever say (anywhere) that perfectly obeying laws and regulations earned salvation? This is never stated anywhere in scripture, and such an assumption is specifically refuted. Failure of obedience is sin, and being imperfect that we are we require forgiveness of sins. This has always been the case and still is. We are required to be obedient to anything and everything that God would ask of us. This is also called faith, the practice of our belief in action in complete trust and obedience to our Lord and Savior.

If you are unable to process this completely then abstain from arguing (and I will give this space also) but please stop preaching against obedience. As the scripture says, He is the author of eternal salvation unto all that obey him.

(12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Both HEBREWS and Revelation are written to and about ISRAEL and God's dealings with THEM.

It's just so simple that even a child can understand it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Judas Iscariot was already dead and wouldn't be included as a living apostle. I'm afraid if you have some other point I've totally missed it. Would you please plainly spell out what you mean?

My point is that I was not talking about Judas Iscariot. You have not fully read the lists.

Rosenritter

My point is that I was not talking about Judas Iscariot. You have not fully read the lists.

So how many days is it going to take before you say what it is that you think was unusual? It looks right to me. Judas Iscariot was the only difference that I saw.

Robert Pate

Banned
Live by faith...without works...is dead

What does live by faith even mean? What does it look like?

Do you live as He wrote in His will for you to do before He died?

Now that the testator died you can not change the will/New Testament...

Maybe you do follow another Christ another gospel as it is clear we ar to keep His commandments...

When James wrote the book of James he did not understand the Gospel and justification by faith. Your whole problem like James is that you don't understand or you have rejected the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 4:18, 19.

We who believe are perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. We have ceased from our own works and are resting in the work of Christ that was done for us, Hebrews 4:10. You are still striving to be good enough. As long as you are in your Adamic body you will never be good enough. You need to accept your sinner hood and trust in Christ to save you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So how many days is it going to take before you say what it is that you think was unusual? It looks right to me. Judas Iscariot was the only difference that I saw.

Maybe some of the names are alternate or alternative names. They are not all the same.

Robert Pate

Banned

We obey him and keep the commandments by being "In Christ". There is no other way.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Four Lists of Apostles

The Four Lists of Apostles

Matthew 10:2-4 NASB - 2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these: The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; and James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; 3 Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; 4 Simon the Zealot, and Judas Iscariot, the one who betrayed Him.
Simon, who is called Peter.
Andrew his brother.
James the son of Zebedee.
John his brother.
Philip.
Bartholomew.
Thomas.
Matthew the tax collector.
James the son of Alphaeus.
Thaddaeus.
Simon the Zealot.
Judas Iscariot, the one who betrayed Him.
Mark 3:16-19 NASB - 16 And He appointed the twelve: Simon (to whom He gave the name Peter), 17 and James, the [son] of Zebedee, and John the brother of James (to them He gave the name Boanerges, which means, "Sons of Thunder"); 18 and Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Zealot; 19 and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Him.
Simon (to whom He gave the name Peter).
James, the [son] of Zebedee.
John the brother of James (to them He gave the name Boanerges, which means, "Sons of Thunder").
Andrew.
Philip.
Bartholomew.
Matthew.
Thomas.
Thaddaeus.
Simon the Zealot.
Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Him.
Luke 6:13-16 NASB - 13 And when day came, He called His disciples to Him and chose twelve of them, whom He also named as apostles: 14 Simon, whom He also named Peter, and Andrew his brother; and James and John; and Philip and Bartholomew; 15 and Matthew and Thomas; James [the son] of Alphaeus, and Simon who was called the Zealot; 16 Judas [the son] of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.
Simon, whom He also named Peter.
Andrew his brother.
James.
John.
Philip.
Bartholomew.
Matthew.
Thomas.
James [the son] of Alphaeus.
Simon who was called the Zealot.
Judas [the son] of James.
Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.
Acts 1:13 NASB - 13 When they had entered [the city,] they went up to the upper room where they were staying; that is, Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James [the son] of Alphaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas [the] [son] of James.
Peter.
John.
James.
Andrew.
Philip.
Thomas.
Bartholomew.
Matthew.
Simon the Zealot.
Judas [the] [son] of James.

Rosenritter

When James wrote the book of James he did not understand the Gospel and justification by faith. Your whole problem like James is that you don't understand or you have rejected the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 4:18, 19.

We who believe are perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. We have ceased from our own works and are resting in the work of Christ that was done for us, Hebrews 4:10. You are still striving to be good enough. As long as you are in your Adamic body you will never be good enough. You need to accept your sinner hood and trust in Christ to save you.

2 Timothy 3:15-17 KJV
(15) And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
(16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
(17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I think it is more likely that you do not understand the book of James and justification by faith.

Rosenritter

We obey him and keep the commandments by being "In Christ". There is no other way.

Then can you give an examples of obedience to the commandments of God and Christ?

1 John 5:3 KJV
(3) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Rosenritter

Simon, who is called Peter.
Andrew his brother.
James the son of Zebedee.
John his brother.
Philip.
Bartholomew.
Thomas.
Matthew the tax collector.
Thaddaeus.
Simon the Zealot.
Judas Iscariot, the one who betrayed Him.

Simon (to whom He gave the name Peter).
James, the [son] of Zebedee.
John the brother of James (to them He gave the name Boanerges, which means, "Sons of Thunder").
Andrew.
Philip.
Bartholomew.
Matthew.
Thomas.
Thaddaeus.
Simon the Zealot.
Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Him.

Simon, whom He also named Peter.
Andrew his brother.
James.
John.
Philip.
Bartholomew.
Matthew.
Thomas.
Simon who was called the Zealot.
Judas [the son] of James.
Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.

Peter.
John.
James.
Andrew.
Philip.
Thomas.
Bartholomew.
Matthew.
Simon the Zealot.
Judas [the] [son] of James.

Are you confused because they are not listed in the same order?

clefty

Then can you give an examples of obedience to the commandments of God and Christ?

(3) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

I bet I can guess the one he will reject...most Christians do and is why they even get MAD...so as to avoid it

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame

Thief, robber, stealing messages, directed to those in the future Great Trib, who will be born again, having the ability not to sin, as one of the blessings of the NC. How about you adhering to this:

1 John 3 KJV

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Well? I thought so.

Watch the spin....What it really means,.....The context is.....The spiritual application is.......and all that jazz. Hmmmphh!

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...KJV-and-clearing-up-the-fog-re-1-John-3-9-KJV

Robert Pate

Banned

All that are "In Christ" are righteous in God's eyes. The law does not produce righteousness. The law causes sin, Romans 7:7-12. This is why Jesus abolished it for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15.

Right Divider

Body part
All that are "In Christ" are righteous in God's eyes. The law does not produce righteousness. The law causes sin, Romans 7:7-12. This is why Jesus abolished it for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15.
If Jesus "abolished" the law at the cross.... why does Paul tell us that we are not under the law in Romans?

It's a real question.

In other words, if there is no law ... why tell us that we are not under it?