ECT Rightly Dividing

achduke

Rightly divide these, Acheybreaky:

Acts 10:35 KJV

vs

Titus 3:5 KJV

Which one is to you?

achduke said:
Acts 10:35 "But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

Titus 3:5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit

Both, In order to be Righteous it is by God through his Son. Acts 10:35 is God's righteousness, they are believers. Titus 3:5 is talking about self-righteous which is not righteous at all. We are only righteousness by his mercy and through his holy spirit and not by ourselves.

glorydaz

Both, In order to be Righteous it is by God through his Son. Acts 10:35 is God's righteousness, they are believers. Titus 3:5 is talking about self-righteous which is not righteous at all. We are only righteousness by his mercy and through his holy spirit and not by ourselves.

This is exactly what so many people end up doing to make verses say the same thing. They tweak one or the other of them. :nono:

achduke

How about these

Acts 2:38 KJV

vs.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV

achduke said:
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God

both,

Believing, repenting, being baptized in Christ and receiving the Holy Spirit is the way we are saved.

By Grace through faith is the reason why we are saved.

achduke

This is exactly what so many people end up doing to make verses say the same thing. They tweak one or the other of them. :nono:

That is because they are two ways of saying the same thing. It is not our righteousness. It is God's righteousness! We can not save ourselves. Only God through his Son can save us. That is his mercy and grace.

achduke

And these:

Colossians 2:13 KJV

vs.

Hebrews 10:26 KJV

achduke said:
Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,

Heb 10:26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

Both,

Do you not believe you can still willfully sin after receiving the truth?

Did not demas depart from the faith?

2 Timothy 4:10 for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica-- Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Both,

Do you not believe you can still willfully sin after receiving the truth?
I sin everyday

Did not demas depart from the faith?

2 Timothy 4:10 for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica-- Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia.
He forsook Paul as in (2 Timothy 4:16 KJV); as in "dissembled", "carried away with their dissimulation" (Galatians 2:13 KJV) or "turned away from Paul" (2 Timothy 1:15 KJV). He departed unto Thessalonica (2 Timothy 4:10 KJV). Members of the Body of Christ are at risk for departing the faith by giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils (1 Timothy 4:1-2 KJV), but never will it cost us salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV), only reward (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV, 2 Timothy 4:7 KJV). I protect myself by taking heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continuing in them. In doing this I both save thyself, and them that hear thee (1 Timothy 4:16 KJV from the bad doctrine).

Departing the faith for those in the Body is not the same as falling away (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)! To believe they are the same is a classic case of failure to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul's Message to the gentiles was different that what Christ and His
Disciples taught. Because, there were two Gospels being preached.
The Kingdom Message to the Jews and the "Grace Message" to the
gentiles.

achduke

Where does it say, "Repent and be water baptized" in Ephesians 2:8?

Does it matter? If you are baptized and receive the holy spirit and then the holy spirit leads you to get water baptized also then do so. If the holy spirit does not lead you to a water baptism then do not get it.

achduke

Paul's Message to the gentiles was different that what Christ and His
Disciples taught. Because, there were two Gospels being preached.
The Kingdom Message to the Jews and the "Grace Message" to the
gentiles.

It may have been different because the Jews needed some different information but salvation and being saved were the same. The Gentiles needed to learn some things the Jews already knew. On the other hand the Jews needed to unlearn(leaven) some things and also receive the mysteries that were kept secret since the foundation of the world.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It may have been different because the Jews needed some different information but salvation and being saved were the same. The Gentiles needed to learn some things the Jews already knew. On the other hand the Jews needed to unlearn(leaven) some things and also receive the mysteries that were kept secret since the foundation of the world.

You sure are convoluted.

achduke

I sin everyday

He forsook Paul as in (2 Timothy 4:16 KJV); as in "dissembled", "carried away with their dissimulation" (Galatians 2:13 KJV) or "turned away from Paul" (2 Timothy 1:15 KJV). He departed unto Thessalonica (2 Timothy 4:10 KJV). Members of the Body of Christ are at risk for departing the faith by giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils (1 Timothy 4:1-2 KJV), but never will it cost us salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV), only reward (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV, 2 Timothy 4:7 KJV). I protect myself by taking heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continuing in them. In doing this I both save thyself, and them that hear thee (1 Timothy 4:16 KJV from the bad doctrine).

Departing the faith for those in the Body is not the same as falling away (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)! To believe they are the same is a classic case of failure to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

Everyone sins but there are sins that lead to death and some that do not. Unintentional sons are different from intentional sins.

achduke said:
1 John 5:16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

Demas did something that Paul felt compelled to write about in his end days. Demas forsook a brother in Christ. He was not even willing to walk with him an extra mile. He did not want to leave the World. That is a sin like the rich man who would not leave everything and follow Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Does it matter? If you are baptized and receive the holy spirit and then the holy spirit leads you to get water baptized also then do so. If the holy spirit does not lead you to a water baptism then do not get it.

Thanks for YOUR advice. However, would it be okay with
you if I continue to listen to the Apostle Paul instead of you?
Would that hurt your feelings?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Everyone sins but there are sins that lead to death and some that do not. Unintentional sons are different from intentional sins.

Demas did something that Paul felt compelled to write about in his end days. Demas forsook a brother in Christ. He was not even willing to walk with him an extra mile. He did not want to leave the World. That is a sin like the rich man who would not leave everything and follow Christ.

Have you EVER intentionally sinned?

achduke

Thanks for YOUR advice. However, would it be okay with
you if I continue to listen to the Apostle Paul instead of you?
Would that hurt your feelings?

Does not hurt my feelings at all. I would still listen to the holy spirit if he leads you to something unless it goes against scripture then it is not the holy spirit.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Does not hurt my feelings at all. I would still listen to the holy spirit if he leads you to something unless it goes against scripture then it is not the holy spirit.

There's ONLY one baptism today in this "Dispensation of Grace." The
Holy Spirit's baptism into the Body of Christ.