Richard Holland: God, Time, and the Incarnation Pt 3

S0ZO

Tambora,

I do not mind discussing "time" with you and S0ZO. It is good exercise for all of us.

But I do mind your stating I have no conception or comprehension of God's love, truth, and life.

This is cruelly insulting and you bear false witness against my heartfelt witness of faith in Jesus Christ.

This thread is about your OT theories about time . . not about putting me down just to win a debate.
I may be mistaken, but I believe that Tambora was just saying that love, truth, and life are also within creation, and yet exist outside creation.

Truster

And you are a silly, ignorant person.

At certain times I have been known to be silly especially for my niece Hannah who is 5 yrs old. There are certain things that I am ignorant of and certain things I chose to remain ignorant of.

Now instead of attacking me personally would you care to address my post just like a big boy would?

Maybe explain that if 'in the beginning' doesn't mean the beginning of time what does it mean?

S0ZO

Maybe explain that if 'in the beginning' doesn't mean the beginning of time what does it mean?
It means the beginning of creation.

Please see the rest of the posts in this thread, having already discussed why time is not created.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I may be mistaken, but I believe that Tambora was just saying that love, truth, and life are also within creation, and yet exist outside creation.

Well, whatever her intentions, I comprehend the distinctions between attributes of God (love, truth, life) and energies of God (movement, communication).

Time is not an attribute of God; nor is time an energy of God.

Time is a purposed creation of God.

S0ZO

Well, whatever her intentions, I comprehend the distinctions between attributes of God (love, truth, life) and energies of God (movement, communication).

Time is not an attribute of God; nor is time an energy of God.

Time is a purposed creation of God.
Time is because God is. Time is uncreated, just as movement and communication are uncreated. There is movement, communication, and time within creation, just as there is outside of creation. There are events outside of creation, and between those events - time. In fact, when God communicated "Let Us..." there was a beginning and an end to that communication, just as there is a beginning and an end when God moves, all of which is outside of creation. There are also beginnings and endings within creation.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Time is because God is. Time is uncreated, just as movement and communication are uncreated. There is movement, communication, and time within creation, just as there is outside of creation. There are events outside of creation, and between those events - time. In fact, when God communicated "Let Us..." there was a beginning and an end to that communication, just as there is a beginning and an end when God moves, all of which is outside of creation. There are also beginnings and endings within creation.

Events are "happenings," "history." What events, or happenings do you know about outside of creation, and how do you know about them?

I believe in eternal decrees (covenantal communication within the Godhead), but these issue forth from the mind and will of God. They were not "events." The "let us" declaration was such a decree issued forth during the "event" of creation; thus the beginning of time, heavens, earth, animals, man, etc.

Speculation about such matters does not cut it. You must have Godly evidence to back up your theories . . . or repent of an erroneous and big imagination.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tambora,

I do not mind discussing "time" with you and S0ZO. It is good exercise for all of us.

But I do mind your stating I have no conception or comprehension of God's love, truth, and life.

This is cruelly insulting and you bear false witness against my heartfelt witness of faith in Jesus Christ.

This thread is about your OT theories about time . . not about putting me down just to win a debate.
Nang, you are seeing monsters where there are none.

The list I was adding to was about Sozo talking about things like communication and movement that exist but are not created.

S0ZO

Events are "happenings," "history." What events, or happenings do you know about outside of creation, and how do you know about them?

I believe in eternal decrees (covenantal communication within the Godhead), but these issue forth from the mind and will of God. They were not "events." The "let us" declaration was such a decree issued forth during the "event" of creation; thus the beginning of time, heavens, earth, animals, man, etc.

Speculation about such matters does not cut it. You must have Godly evidence to back up your theories . . . or repent of an erroneous and big imagination.
Then, according to you, your god never moved or communicated before he created, just because we do not have a Biblical record.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tambora,

Great.
That's why I responded to this thread that Jefferson posted about the interview videos. To discuss the points brought up in the videos.

Did you listen to the videos (parts 1-4)?
There is going to be more, but that's all they have so far. Not sure how many more days Bob will broadcast with this guest, Richard Holland.
They have raised some points that should be discussed.

Nimrod

Then, according to you, your god never moved or communicated before he created, just because we do not have a Biblical record.

This is the problem with God finite-ism. When you can not understand, you humanize God.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I've often wondered: If men cannot comprehend God given that He is outside of time -- as Calvinists claim -- and the Bible presents Him as relating normally with people so that we can comprehend Him, where did Calvinists get their understanding of God?
I've often wondered that myself.