Responding to the Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
How can one hear that Jesus died on the cross for their sins and not respond with a heart full of love and thanksgiving?

How one responds to the Gospel will determine where one will spend eternity. NO RESPONCE IS A RESPONSE. Paul tells about some that heard the Gospel and did not respond. "For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

They heard the Gospel but they didn't believe it. They didn't have faith in what Christ had accomplished for them. "So then faith comes by hearing (the Gospel) and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

On the day of Pentecost when the Gospel first came into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit, thousands heard the Gospel and responded, Acts 2:41, Acts 4:4. Some of those who heard the Gospel had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:23, Acts 2:36. Thousands were converted to Christ because they heard and they believed the Gospel. Things have not changed. People are converted to Christ the same way that they were then, by hearing and believing the Gospel.

What was the responce of those who heard and believed? "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethern, what shall we do? Acts 2:37. This is a normal responce, they heard that they had crucified "The Lord of Glory" and they were repentant for what they had done.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable. When the Gospel is preached the Holy Spirit is there to convict people of their need for Christ. The Spirit can be resisted. I have seen many resist the call of the Holy Spirit. They cross their arms, they clench their fist, they grit their teeth, and sometimes they just walk away. This is what Paul meant when he said, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Romans 1:16.

We are not responsible for those who reject the Gospel. All we can do is tell them what Christ has done for them. If they reject the Gospel then it is their problem, not ours.

Robert Pate

Banned
No one will be saved that does not respond to the Gospel.

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. Which is the Gospel.

How much does one need to hear before they come to Christ?

All I heard was..."But that thy blood was shed for me" That was it. It was a Sunday afternoon, I had just turned on the TV and Billy Graham was giving the altar call. The timing was perfect. When I heard that the Holy Spirit fell on me like a ton of bricks. That was in 1969. I have not been the same since.

I have heard of people being saved by picking up a Bible in hotel room and reading the book of John. The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ, Hebrews 3:15 also Revelation 3:20.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How can one hear that Jesus died on the cross for their sins and not respond with a heart full of love and thanksgiving?

I think concepts of false gods like Calvinism and even Greek gods filters into their ideas about the creator, even though he describes himself for us and people are free to accept his gift or shake their fist at him. And they shake their fist at him. Go figure.

Robert Pate

Banned
I think concepts of false gods like Calvinism and even Greek gods filters into their ideas about the creator, even though he describes himself for us and people are free to accept his gift or shake their fist at him. And they shake their fist at him. Go figure.

Even so, they are still without an excuse, Romans 1:17-32.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No one will be saved that does not respond to the Gospel.

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. Which is the Gospel.

How much does one need to hear before they come to Christ?

All I heard was..."But that thy blood was shed for me" That was it. It was a Sunday afternoon, I had just turned on the TV and Billy Graham was giving the altar call. The timing was perfect. When I heard that the Holy Spirit fell on me like a ton of bricks. That was in 1969. I have not been the same since.

I have heard of people being saved by picking up a Bible in hotel room and reading the book of John. The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ, Hebrews 3:15 also Revelation 3:20.

Philippians 3:14 KJV - Philippians 3:15 KJV -

beloved57

How one responds to the Gospel will determine where one will spend eternity. NO RESPONCE IS A RESPONSE. Paul tells about some that heard the Gospel and did not respond. "For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

They heard the Gospel but they didn't believe it. They didn't have faith in what Christ had accomplished for them. "So then faith comes by hearing (the Gospel) and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

On the day of Pentecost when the Gospel first came into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit, thousands heard the Gospel and responded, Acts 2:41, Acts 4:4. Some of those who heard the Gospel had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:23, Acts 2:36. Thousands were converted to Christ because they heard and they believed the Gospel. Things have not changed. People are converted to Christ the same way that they were then, by hearing and believing the Gospel.

What was the responce of those who heard and believed? "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethern, what shall we do? Acts 2:37. This is a normal responce, they heard that they had crucified "The Lord of Glory" and they were repentant for what they had done.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable. When the Gospel is preached the Holy Spirit is there to convict people of their need for Christ. The Spirit can be resisted. I have seen many resist the call of the Holy Spirit. They cross their arms, they clench their fist, they grit their teeth, and sometimes they just walk away. This is what Paul meant when he said, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Romans 1:16.

We are not responsible for those who reject the Gospel. All we can do is tell them what Christ has done for them. If they reject the Gospel then it is their problem, not ours.

You respond to the Gospel everyday, with hate ! For Calvinism is the Gospel !

Ben Masada

Responding to the Gospel

There are only two ways to respond to the gospels. One is negative if it is to the gospel of Paul. The other is positive if it is to the gospel of Jesus. As I am concerned, there is.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are only two ways to respond to the gospels. One is negative if it is to the gospel of Paul. The other is positive if it is to the gospel of Jesus.

The gospel of Paul is the gospel of Jesus

Galatians 1:11-13 King James Version (KJV)

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

Ben Masada

1 - The gospel of Paul is the gospel of Jesus
2 - Galatians 1:11-13 King James Version (KJV) 11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
3 - For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

1 - No, it is not. The apostles of Jesus used to preach his gospel, Paul listened to them and came to the conclusion that they were preaching a different gospel from his about a different Jesus and, for that matter he would consider them as false apostles. (II Cor. 11:4-6, 13)

2 - Here Paul confessed that his gospel he had not learned from the apostles of Jesus. (Gal. 1:17)

3 - Here Paul was lying because he never in his life persecuted a single Christian. Obviously, one does not found a religion to persecute the adepts. (Acts 11:26) That's illogical, unless he is a psychopath as the famous Pastor Jim Jones was within his own church.

Ben Masada

How can one hear that Jesus died on the cross for their sins and not respond with a heart full of love and thanksgiving? .

Jesus did not die on the cross for the sins of no one. He would not contradict the words of the Prophets of the Lord that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

beloved57

Jesus did not die on the cross for the sins of no one. He would not contradict the words of the Prophets of the Lord that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

You and i do not believe in the same Jesus Christ!

Do you practice golden calf worship?

Nanja

You are in denial of the whole New Testament.

The Gospel is hid from both of you. No difference.

2 Cor 4:3-4
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Gospel is hid from both of you. No difference.

2 Cor 4:3-4
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

~~~~~

Are you in denial, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4